Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

TheBza wrote: »
    So he's just naming the album MMLP2 to boost sales or whats the story? Should a sequel not have some sort of relation or similarity to its original?

He did mention the first one in Rap God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Well to me it seems like this album is going to suffer the same problems as his last two (Relapse and Recovery), Eminem doesn't seem to have any stories left to tell. No matter how good he makes the rapping, hooks or beat when he isn't saying anything whats the point. His raps now are just spitting a load of nonsense together, about how good a rappity rapper he is.

He has always been at his best story telling about his own life, or making a commentary on the world as he sees / or seen it., or even complete fictional story telling. Those tracks just don't seem to exist any more, so now he just sounds dated and old.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom Bap is going to explode when he hears the singing :pac:.

I actually dont mind it on this one as it's not as in-your-face and he's not trying to reach Mariah notes. :D

I like it kind of, but after the 4 minute mark the beat gets annoying and I concentrate more on the ee ehe ahh synth rather than what he is saying.

But the way he is rhyming with the beat is a throwback to the old Em, he has used words that sound like the beats and ride with it, rather than on the last 2 albums where there were just verses written and planted atop a beat (for the most part). The switch ups in delivery are pretty good as well and needed over a long track.

I'll give it a few more listens later, my opinion may change then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

No point sayin Em is back, but DAMN he's "full of himself, but still hungry". He goes HARD on this song. He used at least 7/88 different flows/styles on it. Shots fired at Waka, repeating his columbine line, sick flow, sick beat... Hyped now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Spud83 wrote: »
    Well to me it seems like this album is going to suffer the same problems as his last two (Relapse and Recovery), Eminem doesn't seem to have any stories left to tell. No matter how good he makes the rapping, hooks or beat when he isn't saying anything whats the point. His raps now are just spitting a load of nonsense together, about how good a rappity rapper he is.

He has always been at his best story telling about his own life, or making a commentary on the world as he sees / or seen it., or even complete fictional story telling. Those tracks just don't seem to exist any more, so now he just sounds dated and old.

Relapse was full of stories though. 3am, Deja Vu, Same Song and Dance, My Mom, Beautiful etc. Lyrically he was on point with Relapse, the production let him down on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

HighClass wrote: »
    Relapse was full of stories though. 3am, Deja Vu, Same Song and Dance, My Mom, Beautiful etc. Lyrically he was on point with Relapse, the production let him down on it.
    it was the content
    a near whole album about serial killing was way too much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I wouldn't say that running out of stories to tell is much of an excuse either btw, especially for an MC of Em's calibre.

Look how long the Roots have been around, 20 odd years, and pretty much every album they've put out is quality.

For me, the best thing Em has done in years was the Bad Meets Evil EP, and even that was only 50% him.
    His solo work really hasn't been up to much for basically 10 years now (again this is just my opinion).
    I think he has just changed with the times, this is what he is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I wouldn't say that running out of stories to tell is much of an excuse either btw, especially for an MC of Em's calibre.

Look how long the Roots have been around, 20 odd years, and pretty much every album they've put out is quality.

For me, the best thing Em has done in years was the Bad Meets Evil EP, and even that was only 50% him.
    His solo work really hasn't been up to much for basically 10 years now (again this is just my opinion).
    I think he has just changed with the times, this is what he is now.

He lost his fire when to me when I first heard the single just loose it, and he used the sample of guess who's back at the start which was exactly the same as the without me intro.

I knew straightaway he had lost the very thing which made him big and was just taking an easy ride.

Although encore really was the worst album ever so maybe it was just one we should pretend never happened!

Rihanna track has been confirmed as the next single. Coming out on the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mattklis

tumblr_mv6ecrATCd1sqwqxbo1_500.jpg

New single coming next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

ok

Deluxe Edition:

17. Baby
    18. Desperation (Feat. Jamie N Commons)
    19. Groundhog Day
    20. Beautiful Pain (Feat. Sia)
    21. Wicked Ways

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Why do people still live in the past and expect the same type of music from a guy who has changed massively personally?

I think that Rap God song is dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

MD1990 wrote: »
    it was the content
    a near whole album about serial killing was way too much

I loved that song Stay Wide Awake(apart from his singing) some crazy dark stories, he should write a horror movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Why do people still live in the past and expect the same type of music from a guy who has changed massively personally?

I think that Rap God song is dope.

Good flow, bad beat, average lyrics

Doris300 wrote: »
    Good flow, bad beat, average lyrics

Good flow, unusual (not necessarily bad) beat, excellent wordplay, excellent lyrics

Here's the track lengths. Intro is 7 minutes long :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Lyrics were average and boring as f*ck tbh.

Rap God is great
    lyrics are great,flow is great & beat is good too
    Berzerk 7/10
    Survival 5/10
    Rap God 9/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

From Twitter:
    #MMLP2 can leak anytime japan/ china has it now, the time & date in china is 4:24 AM Sunday, October 27, 2013 there day almost starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rap God is great
    lyrics are great,flow is great & beat is good too
    Berzerk 7/10
    Survival 5/10
    Rap God 9/10

Just wondering, what other songs of Eminem's would you rate 9/10? 9/10 indicates near perfect songs, near classic tracks dare I say it and Em has loads in his time sure...just wondering what for you would be some 9/10 songs of his...or actually in general...any artist.

None of the leaked tracks will be played or probably even remembered in two years let alone 5-10...

Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Keno wrote: »
    From Twitter:

Thats early, will see tonight/tomorrow I spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Keno wrote: »
    From Twitter:

Jaysus how did did they get it so early? Let's hope the English version of it leaks soon.

Snowc wrote: »
    Jaysus how did did they get it so early? Let's hope the English version of it leaks soon.

Fairly sure he doesn't rap in Japanese and Chinese for the asians :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Monster will be on itunes 9.45pm our time tonight. Hope its $hit, I really don't want rhianna playing in my car.

New track is terribad imo. Couple of nice lines like the Kool Keith one, but the hook is aids, sounds like a Flo Rida hook. Beat ain't great either. It'll be a massive hit all the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I usually love anything Em drops I'll be honest, loved Not Afraid when it came out despite knowing it was a radio track, but Monster is just terrible, least its out of the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Pop thrife. Actually much worse than I expected, like imagine if this was on the original MMLP? A bit disgusted really, had have decent expectations after Rap God but now I don't know what to think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

That's the track to reel in even more teeny boppers, won't make it as far as my iPod. Ah well, enjoyed 3 outta 4 tracks so far.

Advertisement