Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭creep

Monster is ****e and the Bezerk, survival, rap god are ****e, sounds more like the marshall crappy LP.

I want to here him about raping and killing his own mother again and making fun of other hip hop artists. RIP Eminen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Good verses imo
    but the song is the most pop song Eminem has done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

creep wrote: »
    Monster is ****e and the Bezerk, survival, rap god are ****e, sounds more like the marshall crappy LP.

I want to here him about raping and killing his own mother again and making fun of other hip hop artists. RIP Eminen

Go listen to MMLP then. Guarantee if he still rapped about killing his mum and Kim people would moan that it's the same old sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

He doesn't need to rap about all the old **** again, he doesn't need to do tracks like this either though. His biggest problem is he has too many yes men around him, no matter what he drops they will tell him it's dope. I know this is meant to be a single to sell albums but it didn't have to be this poppy.

I know they have different styles and what not but this is Em's 8th album. Jay Z's 8th album was the Black Album, probably his best work, Dirt Off Your Shoulder & 99 Problems were the singles. There is no reason why Em couldn't have made MMLP2 his best album. He has the talent but he needs Dre to be fully hands on like back in the day. I was checking out the production credits for the new album and I think there is only 2 Dre beats on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Its not that bad, feared the worst but the verses are on point.

how many of your favourite rappers struggle to make commercial hits ? love this verse from rap god.
    Oh, he's too mainstream
    Well, that's what they do when they get jealous, they confuse it
    It's not hip hop, it's pop, cause I found a hella way to fuse it
    With rock, shock rap with Doc
    Throw on Lose Yourself and make 'em lose it
    I don't know how to make songs like that
    I don't know what words to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Its Love the way you lie all over again... Not a particularly bad song, but clearly there just for sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Not a fan of the song either,,,, but it need that one radio friendly song, you could argue Survival is, but i think its more off a power ballad type of song

but lets just count it it as pop
    ignoring the skit Em has 15 songs, plus another 5, so thats 20

the 3 Female may be the only popish ones, i love Skylar tough

so if thats the case that 17 outta 20 songs, we already know Bizzerk and rap god are not Pop.

so theres 15 songs that could be pure hiphop, Eminem style

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

It's pretty crap but not as bad as I thought it'd be.

It's not quite as hideous as LTWYL so I guess that's something.

Can't really expect him to be rapping about killing his mother etc as someone mentioned if he did that he'd just get slated for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

sounds like a flo rida song

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

No doubt that Monster will be a radio smash, and have dance-floors packed, and juice up the sales of the new album by about 2 billion copies, but I don't give a f*ck about any of that.

The Monster is a horrible horrible song.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'm more than willing to look past the monster because the other 3 tracks are excellent. It's the pop track on the album, who really cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

I'm more than willing to look past the monster because the other 3 tracks are excellent. It's the pop track on the album, who really cares?

Considering some of his other '' pop tracks '' were as follows

The real slim shady
    Without me
    Just lose it
    We made you

All radio hits which propelled album sales...all great tracks with excellent elements of comedy which you couldnt help but enjoy

This eminem is nothing more than a whiney b*tch and has continued that theme since recovery...Bezerk wa good and rap god had some great lyrics with a weak beat..this is not great at all

I care as a fan of eminem from his first album all the way to relapse..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

He is finished and was a long time ago.

Had so many chances to redeem himself at this stage but it's still the same ****e, different album.

Will always love the slim shady lp, mmlp and eminem show.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

It's actually sad as a hip hop fan that a guy who has Alchemist as his personal DJ and Dr fcuking Dre at his hip is raping over drivel like this

I agree with MUFCbhoy that the verses are ok, (he actually sounded like MMLP Em in his tone at the start of the first verse) but Christ, that hook and THAT beat?!? Abysmal

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just listened to it there, absolute puke. I hope some top rappers call him out on his bollox songs but everyone seems too afraid of him, and rightly so. He would destroy anyone out there but I hate when he said on the last album that he was gonna diss lil wayne but glad he didn't because he would have had his ass handed to him. He can't seriously believe that? getting into battles is behind him but I think it would be the only motivation for him to put out something proper.

Kendrick actually got some class tunes off people responding to him, hip hop needs more fights for the throne.

Saying all that, the rest of the album could be fire though right?......right?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭scoobydoobie

I think with the statement about Lil Wayne, he was saying at that time, being in the place/state he was he would have had his ass handed to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think with the statement about Lil Wayne, he was saying at that time, being in the place/state he was he would have had his ass handed to him.

Ah yeah, I know what he was gettint at but not in a million years would lil wayne top eminem. His song no love on the last album has such a brilliant beat and verse from em, it should be one of his best songs but then wayne starts rapping and em starts singing and I have to press skip.

He still has the tools to make classics but he needs to be collabing with other top mc's. Even if its not dissing, collabing can make him up his game to not be topped.

I suppose that song with the guy from Fun could still be a hip hop classic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

jesus what the hell is this crap?

officially dont care about this album.

https://soundcloud.com/shadyrecords/themonster

what a load of bollox.

why do people insist rappers need radio friendly pop crap to help albums sell?

JayZ's magna carter holy grail album diddnt. It diddnt even NEED a damm single for it to sell like hot cakes.

Take point Kendric Lamar. Again did he needed some pop song to help sell his album? matter of fact he ditched lady gag for bitch dont kill my vibe and literelly if lady gaga was there, the vibe would have been killed on that song.

You dont need commercial pap to sell well, You just need to market it right. This is rap/hip hop, not bloody pop X factor type ****.

Album heading to be the biggest flop of the year.

pone2012 wrote: »
    Considering some of his other '' pop tracks '' were as follows

The real slim shady
    Without me
    Just lose it
    We made you

All radio hits which propelled album sales...all great tracks with excellent elements of comedy which you couldnt help but enjoy

This eminem is nothing more than a whiney b*tch and has continued that theme since recovery...Bezerk wa good and rap god had some great lyrics with a weak beat..this is not great at all

I care as a fan of eminem from his first album all the way to relapse..

Just lose it and we made you were not good tracks, they were both absolutely awful. Em started going downhill the second he introduced that ridiculous accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Tried saying all this last week, but the usual people try to excuse it with he is different now he is off drugs and has matured.

Well if that's true I want him back on drugs and acting like he is 15 years younger churning out whopper tunes!

But it seems it's not to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laim

As much as I love Eminem his work has seriously gone downhill and i doubt the rest of this album will be better than what he has already released, sad to see really

I wouldn't call the real slim shady and without me Pop, Just lose it and We made you are probably his worst two songs

Eminem goes from this

to dis ****e

He sold out! I'd rather listen to vanilla ice rather than that rihianna teeny bopper bull****

@johnny Magna Carta is a poor album though and jay has done similar to em before with the likes of run the town etc from the bp3.

Magna cartas commercial performance was largely down to the genius deal jay done with samsung, if it wasn't for that jay wouldn't of done those numbers not a hope.

I personally feel people are over reacting a small bit nobody's heard the album yet and tbh em is getting slated here for a lot less than other fan favourites I.e kanye and his racket of a recent album and ego inflating lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The verses aren't actually that bad tbf.

People over react a hell of a lot, Love the Way you Lie was such a smash that a song like this was inevitable, but maybe get over yourselves for a second and give the album a chance before writing it off, even in this song (which I wouldn't say I like particularly) the verses and flow is good, Rihanna is puke, whats new?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Lads for gods sake you can't expect the fella to be making the same material he used to make.

He's not the same guy he was 10 years ago,he's changed immensely and his music is going to reflect that. Simple as.

@johnny Magna Carta is a poor album though and jay has done similar to em before with the likes of run the town etc from the bp3.

Magna cartas commercial performance was largely down to the genius deal jay done with samsung, if it wasn't for that jay wouldn't of done those numbers not a hope.

I personally feel people are over reacting a small bit nobody's heard the album yet and tbh em is getting slated here for a lot less than other fan favourites I.e kanye and his racket of a recent album and ego inflating lyrics.

It is not a poor album. it is my favourite rap album this year so far. J cole and Drakes album is also brilliant and so is that kid danny brown. These lead singles he has released are all diabolical and if the rest of the album is similar, those artists i have mentioned blow away eminem.

It is not a poor album. it is my favourite rap album this year so far. J cole and Drakes album is also brilliant and so is that kid danny brown. These lead singles he has released are all diabolical and if the rest of the album is similar, those artists i have mentioned blow away eminem.

Drake?
    Drake?????

I hope that you mean a different Drake to this one

• Advertisement

Each to their own , personally think it's a terrible listen. Some of the production is good but other than that very boring.

Agree with you on j cold he's defiently had one of the better albums this year along with pusha t and kid cudi IMO.

Advertisement