Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Lads for gods sake you can't expect the fella to be making the same material he used to make.

He's not the same guy he was 10 years ago,he's changed immensely and his music is going to reflect that. Simple as.

No problem with him changing, but changing to duet with rihanna to release a song like monster is sure sign of a sell out or he is just a poor rapper, simple as...

Like surely he doesn't the money that bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

No problem with him changing, but changing to duet with rihanna to release a song like monster is sure sign of a sell out or he is just a poor rapper, simple as...

A duet with Rihanna is selling out now or a sign of a poor rapper?

Someone tell Kanye, Kid Cudi and Jay Z quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

He definitely doesn't need the money that bad but when all it takes to rake in a sh*tload of money is to piece together a half-arsed effort with Rihanna on the hook I can understand why he does it. I'd so the same in his position.

We never know, 10 of the remaining 15 or so tracks on the album could be class, he has it in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Listening now. Really liked the first track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Love the Stan verse in Bad Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Bad guy is good, definitely surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Em needs to hire outside help to help him choose beats and hooks, Legacy is great outside of that hook, he slays Asshole over a complete clusterfcuk of noise and a useless hook

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

no this album is bad

• Advertisement

Did anyone else laugh when they heard the beat on Rhyme Or Reason? That sample is well played out at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bad Guy is a class track, actually sounds like mmlp stuff but with his newer flo and sound. Album goes down hill after that though. Need to give it another listen but on 1st listen, the production is crap and there is way too much singing. calling it mmlp2 is a bit bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

The track with Kendrick is absolutely dreadful. Such a let-down. They're my two favourite artists and I thought them coming together would lead to a savage song. Unfortunately all they created was an abomination. So disappointed.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SeaDaily wrote: »
    The track with Kendrick is absolutely dreadful. Such a let-down. They're my two favourite artists and I thought them coming together would lead to a savage song. Unfortunately all they created was an abomination. So disappointed.:(

Yeah was really looking forward to that, had so much potential but it was just garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yeah I've a had a quick spin through the album...alot of fast forwarding through tracks hoping it'd take off somewhere but no...obviously I won't judge the album until I play it a few times through but it's not sounding any way good...Recovery sounded better at this stage for me when it was released compared to this. Ah well.

Like this more than I thought I would tbh, didn't go into it with any expectations so maybe that's why. There's 6 or 7 tracks that will be going straight into the recycle bin though. Production was pretty bad for the most part, ZERO Dre beats! What's up with that? When it was good it was good but when it was bad it was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Drake?
    Drake?????

I hope that you mean a different Drake to this one

and i throw you this

craps all over what eminem has released so far. You labeled pracicatlly the ONLY pop song on drakes whole album yet eminem has released 3 already

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

and i throw you this

craps all over what eminem has released so far. You labeled pracicatlly the ONLY pop song on drakes whole album yet eminem has released 3 already

That beat is so sick. Drake isn't up to much lyrically though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laim

Not sure if I like the album, but **** Eminem apologizing to his mother is emotional to say the least.

After giving this another listen. I hate it. The intro is great and Brainless is pretty nice as well. Stronger Than I Was...I have no words for that track. Oh well, time to listen to MMLP.

• Advertisement

RIP Eminem. Your music is officially ****. The Old Eminem is dead and nowhere to be seen:( diabolical album. absolute shockingly bad!

Edit: is that really Kendrick? mother of ****ing god why?

What the **** was Kendrick SMOKING? this is absolutly ****ing shocking.

Recover was a FARRRRRRRRRRRRR SUPERIOR album then this ****.

Matter of fact, the latest BackStreet Boys album is more hip hop then this crap.

Drakes Hold is better then most songs on this album and thats saying something.

God almighty Justin Bieber's latest tracks is better then this. ASHAMED of eminem. Absolutely shocked

Drakes Hold is better then most songs on this album and thats saying something.

God almighty Justin Bieber's latest tracks is better then this. ASHAMED of eminem. Absolutely shocked

Take it you're not a fan of the album?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

I've only listened to half of it so far, and have to say I really like it. Legacy, the asshole, the intro abd rap good are all immense

HighClass wrote: »
    Take it you're not a fan of the album?

na i love it mate. classic album. better then ilmatic...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭creep

What a heap of ****e. Some of the beats sound like they were made by a five year and the mastering or whatever its called is truly awful. I want angry raping his own mother and high off pills eminem back

To call this Marshall Crappy LP 2 is quite a joke

creep wrote: »
    What a heap of ****e. Some of the beats sound like they were made by a five year and the mastering or whatever its called is truly awful. I want angry raping his own mother and high off pills eminem back

To call this Marshall Crappy LP 2 is quite a joke

well said.

I want someone like J cole or some other rapper to do a diss track and diss this piece of **** album. Maybe that will wake up eminem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ive only given it a quick run through but thought it was sh!te, hoping its one of those albums that turns around on ya after a proper listen or two.For now though NWTS>MMLP2 for me in terms of overall enjoyment.
    As Ive said many times I love Em and 99% of what he puts out and to be honest I will still listen to this album over and over trying to learn every word asap but even I know its mostly trash, I mean, Im usually speechless in a good way at his songs but on this album it was me asking is he actually for real??

"she says it’s quicker to count the things that ain’t wrong with you than to count the things that are" - seems to be an apt line for Ems performance on this album, he cant possibly listen to it and think, yeah i did good there. Sorry Slim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Jonnymendoza is your typical music snob. Going against the grain to be different, it's hilarious, pathetic and utterly predictable. Eminem could have topped Illmatic and 2001 with this album and he would have said he didn't like it.

His opinion on Eminem shouldn't be taken seriously considering he said "We made you" was a great track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's rubbish. I hate to have to say that, but it really is.

Regarding the comparisons to Drake's new album, if you were to hear both of these and didn't know who the rappers were beforehand, then I feel Eminem's latest effort wouldn't even be spoke about in the same breath as Nothing Was The Same. Drake's effort, while hardly being a world beater, is on another level to this dross IMO.

Advertisement