Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

After a full 2 listens can safely say in my opinion

When this album is good, it is good and there are some great points, but when it is bad it is terrible!!

Highlights for me

Bad guy : Just excellent, id almost give this album a listen just for that song!!
    So much better : I liked it a lot..love the beat and the verses..the singing doesnt bother me on this one
    Asshole : Loved this track too very good!! verses are sick!
    Berzerk : This i liked from the get go!! Love the beat!! Great track
    Rap God : Eminem why did you pick such a bad beat to rap over? great verses
    Brainless : This and bad guy are the two best tracks in my opinion..played this 7 or 8 times already
    Evil Twin : Really liked this too, especially the last verse!!

Bonus Tracks

Baby : Love this track too, should have made the album beat and flow sound like the old Eminem!!
    Groundhog Day : Excellent track, Great production and well excecuted verses
    Beautiful Pain : This stood out to me. just really enjoyed it...Really got a great vibe from it
    Wicked ways : Im throwing this in just for the laugh i got out of the end..verses arent bad

So i can pull 11 tracks out from 21 that i can say I enjoyed

Happy enough i could say this exceeded my expectations which were very low after that rihanna collab

6/10 for deluxe album...5/10 for original

As many have stated we cant expect em to be how he was on eminem show or pre eminem show music has changed but honestly i reckon this is a step forward from recovery in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Eminem stated: “I’m probably working harder than I’ve ever worked in my life”. It’s clear that he has, and it’s paid off. The autobiographical backbone of the record may suggest that to truly appreciate it, you need to understand the backstory of Eminem, and the life of Marshall Mathers. We’re never going to get another Slim Shady LP, another “My Name Is”, or another “Kim”, and once we get over that, the Marshall Mathers LP 2 is the best possible thing that Eminem could have put out. This is his legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks Rap God has a video coming out soon. I wonder what other singles/videos will release from this. Maybe Bad Guy, possibly Headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just spent an hour looking at old Em performances from 2000-present. Its so clear when he was on drugs and when he wasnt, he looks so uncomfortable on stage these days compared to back then, particularly when he first came back around 2009.

Can I ask though, when Encore was released I was about 13 so it was the first album of his that I listened to properly and understood. At the time I loved the album and it led me to becoming fanatical about the man, I still am, but I must admit its the one album I dont really go back to much.
    Why do people feel it was such a let down? I saw a comment here a page or two back that it was like he forgot how to write an album halfway through Encore, what are the stand out tracks for you from that album?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭creep

Just spent an hour looking at old Em performances from 2000-present. Its so clear when he was on drugs and when he wasnt, he looks so uncomfortable on stage these days compared to back then, particularly when he first came back around 2009.

Can I ask though, when Encore was released I was about 13 so it was the first album of his that I listened to properly and understood. At the time I loved the album and it led me to becoming fanatical about the man, I still am, but I must admit its the one album I dont really go back to much.
    Why do people feel it was such a let down? I saw a comment here a page or two back that it was like he forgot how to write an album halfway through Encore, what are the stand out tracks for you from that album?

The first 11 songs, second half was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Encore was terrible because songs leaked the year before release Love U More, We As Americans & Ricky Tic Tok.
    So Eminem said **** it & recorded goofy **** songs cuz he was pissed off
    terribe album

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

I saw a comment here a page or two back that it was like he forgot how to write an album halfway through Encore, what are the stand out tracks for you from that album?

Yellow Brick Road, Spend Some Time and Love You More.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

TheNap wrote: »
    In an interview with Rolling Stone, Eminem stated: “I’m probably working harder than I’ve ever worked in my life”. It’s clear that he has, and it’s paid off. The autobiographical backbone of the record may suggest that to truly appreciate it, you need to understand the backstory of Eminem, and the life of Marshall Mathers. We’re never going to get another Slim Shady LP, another “My Name Is”, or another “Kim”, and once we get over that, the Marshall Mathers LP 2 is the best possible thing that Eminem could have put out. This is his legacy.

load of garbage that so called review is.

what damm legacy? his quickly tarnishing it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

MD1990 wrote: »
    Encore was terrible because songs leaked the year before release Love U More, We As Americans & Ricky Tic Tok.

Weren't the three of those on a bonus disc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

ill be honest I never heard of that story at all, having looked at the tracklist there though it would make sense, always liked the last song Encore though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Beat selection is atrocious.

Posting this because of the HD...does eminem even have his mic turned on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'm almost certain he's miming there...

he's definetly miming the hook
    not sure about the verses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

"they said you can't rap about drugs no more, we did not say you could not be dope no more" - I can not remember where I saw that quote but that sums up this album and his last 2 before that.

Of course he is not going to sound the same as 10 years ago, or of course he could not match the hype etc of his first few albums but the music is not even comparable to current released hip-hop (OLD, GKMC, Born Sinner etc) or his old music.

He has been phoning in a lot of his music for years, so not surprised he is phoning in his live performances.

"they said you can't rap about drugs no more, we did not say you could not be dope no more" - I can not remember where I saw that quote but that sums up this album and his last 2 before that.

Of course he is not going to sound the same as 10 years ago, or of course he could not match the hype etc of his first few albums but the music is not even comparable to current released hip-hop (OLD, GKMC, Born Sinner etc) or his old music.

He has been phoning in a lot of his music for years, so not surprised he is phoning in his live performances.
    i don't see that as a problem at all

i don't see that as a problem at all

It is not a problem. But there are dozens of albums (and even mix tapes) and artists who released better music this year which will not sell as much, be talked about as much or get as much praise. Also calling it MMLP2 kind of implies it can at least be compared to the original whereas it can't in any way even if you discount the nostalgia factor.

It is not a problem. But there is dozens of albums and artists who released better music this year which will not sell as much, be talked about as much or get as much praise. Also calling it MMLP2 kind of implies it can at least be compared to the original whereas it can't in any way even if you discount the nostalgia factor.
    i think its a very good album.His best since TES.I think calling it MMLP 2 is fine because there are plenty of MMLP references.Dozens of better albums than MMLP 2 no chance. It seems alot ppl on here are put off if there is any singing or melody on a rap album

It seems alot ppl on here are put off if there is any singing or melody on a rap album

Not me, Born sinner is a better album than this.

His best since his album in 2002, yep pretty much agree with that.

• Advertisement

Not me, Born sinner is a better album than this.

His best since his album in 2002, yep pretty much agree with that.
    Born Sinner was a good album.Alot of the songs sounded the same though.
    NWTS was a good album.Yeezus had some good tracks but was overall disapointing.MCHG was terrible imo.Indicud was another disapointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It seems alot ppl on here are put off if there is any singing or melody on a rap album

Absolutely not. They're put off by bad singing on a rap album. The majority of rappers can't sing. Eminem doesn't seem to realise this.

This sounds good, cool old school vibe, dunno if its on the album though

Absolutely not. They're put off by bad singing on a rap album. The majority of rappers can't sing. Eminem doesn't seem to realise this.
    i think its fine.i would say he is harmonizing actually rather than singing

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Refreshing to get good hip hop out for once rather than West and Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

From about 4:00 to 5:00 he talks about singing here and says he can't sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

LOSTfan57 wrote: »

Yeah because Kanye and Lil Wayne were the only other two people to release any hip hop this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

LOSTfan57 wrote: »

Good hip hop? Monster, Bezerk and Survival :rolleyes:

Doris300 wrote: »
    Good hip hop? Monster, Bezerk and Survival :rolleyes:

Rhyme or Reason, asshole, most of good guy, most of legacy... most of it is just really really really bad.

Also just because he acknowledges the terrible parts do not make them any less bad. It is nearly as bad as relapse and recovery.

• Advertisement

no lip syncing here
    brillant performance

Advertisement