Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭creep

Disliked the album at first but starting to grow on me. Had to get used to his new style and sounds better every time I listen to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

MD1990 wrote: »
    no lip syncing here
    brillant performance

Damn incredible performance, prob my fave track on the album love that loud lazy beat..honestly didn't think he'd be able to do that supersonic rap live, dope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

How can anyone say this is a good album?

Your pulling my leg arent ye? Cmon get da fcuk outta here :)

I dont think eminem can make good music anymore the last material from him i liked was his cyphers with mos def and the other one with yelawolf and gang.

Wtf seriously he has rhianna on a track signing abot monsters under her bed and makes a song for call of duty game complete and utter sell out.

Ill never forget the great tracks he made in the day but sorry he should retire at this stage. Lyrically hes insane thats why hes best suited for freestyles and such or guest verses on other peoples tracks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Absolutely not. They're put off by bad singing on a rap album. The majority of rappers can't sing. Eminem doesn't seem to realise this.

Give me Eminem doing a ballad album ahead of bull**** autotune every day of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Give me Eminem doing a ballad album ahead of bull**** autotune every day of the week.

I can never understand peoples hate for autotune. I mean I understand why someone wouldn't like it, I'm a fan myself for the most part because when it's done right it can sound real dope, but the way some people go on you'd think every second tune coming out is full of autotune. That might have been true in 2006 but not so much anymore.

I'd rather hear a banger of a track with an autotune hook sung by Future than listen to Em doing his best Blink 182 impression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Album really does get better with every listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

rap god performance here as well, not blocked for anyone who hasnt seen it
    you can really see him setting himself up for the fast part :pac: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/videos/id.14711/title.eminem-rap-god-2013-youtube-music-awards-performance-

if anyone sees an uncensored version id be most grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How can anyone say this is a good album?

Your pulling my leg arent ye? Cmon get da fcuk outta here :)

I dont think eminem can make good music anymore the last material from him i liked was his cyphers with mos def and the other one with yelawolf and gang.

Wtf seriously he has rhianna on a track signing abot monsters under her bed and makes a song for call of duty game complete and utter sell out.

Ill never forget the great tracks he made in the day but sorry he should retire at this stage. Lyrically hes insane thats why hes best suited for freestyles and such or guest verses on other peoples tracks
    u do realise its getting very good reviews from most fans & critics

u do realise its getting very good reviews from most fans & critics

To be fair Recovery got good reviews when it first came out as well. None of the big name hip hop reviews are out yet afaik. Pitchfork are putting out their review tonight. Looking forward to what Big Ghost has to say about it aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

HighClass wrote: »
    Looking forward to what Big Ghost has to say about it aswel.

He will go to town on some of the tracks. 'Headlights' is in for a roasting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

To be fair Recovery got good reviews when it first came out as well. None of the big name hip hop reviews are out yet afaik. Pitchfork are putting out their review tonight. Looking forward to what Big Ghost has to say about it aswel.

The majority of the reviews put out by pitchfork are bollocks I wouldnt take much of what you read on that site to heart

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Never have a problem with an Opinion doesn't matter how much i disagree with it

but when something states an Opinion as fact, is what annoys me, just because you dont like it, doesn't mean its Proven CRAP.
    Your Taste doesn't mean Good taste, just means as it saids it is your taste

Not aimed at any here at all, its a thought on my mind that needed an excuse to say, haha so its not a direct shot!

On Topic, Monster never happened, (Oh god the kids be blasting there phones with **** wont they?, theres no hiding)

Love the rest of the album, Stronger than i was was awkward, but i appreciate what he was doing, the whole back and forward between his and kims Perspective describing the Relationship.

My top 5 Favorite tracks are in order So far "So much better, Rhyme or Reason, Asswhole, Baby, So Far" but i love like except 2 or 3 all the Album.

Its like an older Em replying to his Marshal Matters LP which is Genuis.

One more thing as for Em singing hooks, people havent really heard the MMLP then, he sings at least 6-7 songs on that.
    just because i female sings it doesn't mean is automaticly pop and thrashed, if thats the case wouldn't "Stan" be then?
    i dont hate because of Rihanna, i hate it because I think its bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Legacy is my new favourite song.

Prodgey wrote: »
    Legacy is my new favourite song.

Yeah especially using the sound filter to make each verse date at his period of life hes rapping from, is Genuis

So who bought it today then?? Couldnt leave my collection down :pac:

1394270_657985257565504_883992239_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Sly "I have an m-spec bmw" post...

I robbed it off my instagram, could certainly see how it would seem to be a thinly veiled post though!

And i guarantee its worth much less than most of yere cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laim

Anyone know if this is his last album , he said something like " welcome home ... for the last time" on his facebook , which was followed by#MMLP2 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

COD Bonus Track
    this track is great
    would love to hear Eminem on more beats like this

COD Bonus Track
    this track is great
    would love to hear Eminem on more beats like this

He has a sweet beat like this on a bonus track for a video game, yet has some terrible beats on his album. Confusing.

• Advertisement

Big Ghost gives it four Zeus slaps out of five.

http://bigghostlimited.com/big-ghost-ltd-presents-the-mmlp2-review/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He has a sweet beat like this on a bonus track for a video game, yet has some terrible beats on his album. Confusing.

That's a Black Moon beat from the 90's. Interesting to hear that he nearly signed with Duck Down and Loud after Rawkus flopped.

That track is better than the album. It's the first song that brings together his new 'style' and were everything fits into place. On the album (and the last 2) he seems to be trying to find his new style, which works in places but not consistently over the course of a song, but it all seems to come together in that track.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I seem to be listening to the bonus disc more than the album itself and in particular 'Baby' his flow is crazy on it.
    The chorus is nice too well in sync with the verses, reminds me why i got into his music in the first place.
    Their is definitely some material here that suggests he is hitting form again pre Encore, if you minus out some of the popy choruses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

And the **** happened to Dre? How you forgot bout Dre when you made a song wit Dre bout not forgettin bout Dre?

Fell over laughing at this haha

Big ghost is a genius!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

i get mine free from spotify. i personally dont see much point in buying cd's anymore but thats just me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Big Ghost gives it four Zeus slaps out of five.

http://bigghostlimited.com/big-ghost-ltd-presents-the-mmlp2-review/

Are zeus slaps bad or good?

Now i loved this from when i first heard it, but go from the initial hate on other Forums

they are all saying its growing on them, is that the same here anyone here who didn't like at first minds changed

More of a Grower than a Shower ay?

Prodgey wrote: »
    Are zeus slaps bad or good?

Good. Big Ghost "****s wit it heavy".

I don't agree with the review but it's hilarious in parts.

This is ridiculous but genius in equal measure:
    I mean I aint een had the traditional vaginal birth like yalls. Imean summa yalls was c-section babies.. but regardless I aint experience none of that. I never gestated in the womb n **** like that. I was spawned from the depths of a volcano in Honolulu bout a half hour away from Waikiki Beach namsayin. I was brought to a nearby river n placed in a golden basket that made its way across the ocean n I washed ashore in the Mediterranean Sea n ended up floatin down the Blue Nile. To make a long story short…that basket was found by Sudanese farmers n I ended up bein trained in the ways of the warrior in a village outside of Khartoum. I learned all my survival techniques under the tutelage of a Samurai ronin that was livin in exile there at the time nahmean. Son took me under his wing n taught me the codes of obedience n bushido n all that ****. I learned to catch flies wit chopsticks n all that ****. His name was Miko Nishimaki…but I called him Sensei n ****. He had took a wife in the village of the Zande people nahmean. His wife also happened to be a expert in combat…n she had taught me the ways of the Niam-Niam warriors n ****. Her name was Grace. She was the closest thing I had to a moms. Before I left Khartoum we had had a disagreement that led to some bloodshed within the village that I cant really get into but lets jus say it was some ****ed up **** that happened. Some limbs was severed….couple niggas lost they lives…. Basically I overreacted over **** that turned out to be a misunderstandin n I been livin wit those regrets ever since b.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

i get mine free from spotify. i personally dont see much point in buying cd's anymore but thats just me

Do you work for Spotify?

• Advertisement

Gave this another listen today and didnt hate it as much as I did on the first few listens tbh. I could still do without 6 or 7 tracks but the bonus cd and the new call of duty track make up for that. I won't be playing it on the daily but Em wouldn't be someone I'd listen to regularly anyway. 5/10 album, nothing amazing but the good tracks make up for the bad ones.

MMLP > SSLP > TES > Relapse > MMLP2

Advertisement