Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

HighClass wrote: »
    Gave this another listen today and didnt hate it as much as I did on the first few listens tbh. I could still do without 6 or 7 tracks but the bonus cd and the new call of duty track make up for that. I won't be playing it on the daily but Em wouldn't be someone I'd listen to regularly anyway. 5/10 album, nothing amazing but the good tracks make up for the bad ones.

MMLP > SSLP > TES > Relapse > MMLP2

You have to be joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

HighClass wrote: »
    Gave this another listen today and didnt hate it as much as I did on the first few listens tbh. I could still do without 6 or 7 tracks but the bonus cd and the new call of duty track make up for that. I won't be playing it on the daily but Em wouldn't be someone I'd listen to regularly anyway. 5/10 album, nothing amazing but the good tracks make up for the bad ones.

MMLP > SSLP > TES > Relapse > MMLP2
    Prodgey wrote: »
    You have to be joking.

I'd agree with him having Relapse ahead of MMLP2 and his ordering of the first three...but Relapse is not his fourth best album.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Don't Front is like Infinite on steroids, from a pure technical standpoint, Em is better than ever, and that I Got Ya Open bassline?!? 20 years old and still bangs!

Not possible tbh considering Infinite has probably Em's best verse ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its happened, I really like the album overall. I think it is another step on the road to a serious return to form and a big one at the. There are of course some songs on it I don't particularly like, but overall I think its very good. Some moments of brilliance in it and hopefully he continues to improve with his next outing.

Having said that, I really liked Recovery also so this new Eminem clearly works for me. This is a continuation of that and although I prefer Recovery at the moment I will be listening to MMLP2 quite a bit for the coming months I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i think Eminem has another classic in him
    if he gets back working with the Bass Brothers
    they bring the best out of Eminem. Here is a very interesting interview with Jeff Bass http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/91782/qa-producer-jeff-bass-on-discovering-young-eminem-he-was-sitting-on-the-toilet-and-he-came-up-with-the-alter-ego

I enjoyed the review and would agree that Rubin must have been sent there to sabotage the album or something!! So much for him going to tear Headlights apart btw, seems to have been quite a highlight for him (understandably as the song is brilliant)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Eminem and Slaughterhouse Freestyle on 'Rap City' last night:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

First listen - meh.

I'm on about the third full listen and I am really enjoying it.

It really does get better with every listen. Same happened to me with GKMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Eminem raps in one of his songs that he managed to fuse rap with pop/pop rock.

Therein lies the problem with recent Eminem. Hip Hop has no relation to pop, surely? It would be like fusing Lars Von Trier with Michael Bay - just completely incompatible.

Lyrically it's fine. I like the song headlights (despite it's obvious flaws), but I'm confused as to why his jet is crashing? What has that got to do with his mother?

Bad Guy after a couple of listens is the best song on the album for me.

Back to Binary Star and Masters of the Universe for me! Indie 500...

• Advertisement

Eminem raps in one of his songs that he managed to fuse rap with pop/pop rock.

Therein lies the problem with recent Eminem. Hip Hop has no relation to pop, surely? It would be like fusing Lars Von Trier with Michael Bay - just completely incompatible.

Lyrically it's fine. I like the song headlights (despite it's obvious flaws), but I'm confused as to why his jet is crashing? What has that got to do with his mother?

Bad Guy after a couple of listens is the best song on the album for me.

Back to Binary Star and Masters of the Universe for me! Indie 500...
    he wrote the song on a private jet
    so he using the jet as kinda a metaphor
    to say he wants to get his feelings about his mother off his chest before he or his mother dies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

First listen I'm thinking average, there is some great songs which brings you back the sslp and mmlp but then there is some terrible songs that just don't make sense.

Probably half the album works for me, didn't hear the bonus CD, freaked it didn't come with it.

I must be in the minority as this album is getting worse and worse with every listen now and is becoming increasingly more difficult to play entirely through...he's just a bad artist to listen to now...he's finished imo...he has no appeal musically to me any more...Recovery sounds so much better than this and that was a poor enough record.

He may have no musical appeal to you, but he will do to literally tens of million I don't think he will be finished, till he decides he is finished. (you will also listen to everything he puts out too shooting the theory that he has no appeal to you right in the face)

No not really...as a very passionate hip hop fan/listener I will listen to albums I know will be very very good and also albums I know will be trash, that's what any fan of the genre would do...Relapse was the last album of his I actually 'liked' and cared for...Recovery had it's moments...MMPLP2 has none for me personally so it has no appeal to me...and as Em is seemingly getting worse by the album (Encore doesn't count), I think it's probably fair to say I'm done with him. Nicki Minaj is a terrible artist yet I listen to her albums when they come out just because I'm a fan of the genre...appeal is a completely different matter altogether. I know he has worldwide appeal, it's very easy to see why...I'm just saying my bit. And 'finished' has different meanings...he's finished imo in terms of making a credible album, obviously as long as he's breathing he'll have bullsh*t tracks with Rihanna and the like...

No not really...as a very passionate hip hop fan/listener I will listen to albums I know will be very very good and also albums I know will be trash, that's what any fan of the genre would do...Relapse was the last album of his I actually 'liked' and cared for...Recovery had it's moments...MMPLP2 has none for me personally so it has no appeal to me...and as Em is seemingly getting worse by the album (Encore doesn't count), I think it's probably fair to say I'm done with him. Nicki Minaj is a terrible artist yet I listen to her albums when they come out just because I'm a fan of the genre...appeal is a completely different matter altogether. I know he has worldwide appeal, it's very easy to see why...I'm just saying my bit. And 'finished' has different meanings...he's finished imo in terms of making a credible album, obviously as long as he's breathing he'll have bullsh*t tracks with Rihanna and the like...

MMLP 2 >>> Relapse easily

Beautiful, Deja Vu, 3AM and Medicine Ball mop the floor with anything on MMLP2. The accents were dreadful on Relapse and the production wasn't incredible but lyrically Em was very good and he was flowing his ass off at times...he also wasn't trying to sound annoyingly mad like he has been of late. If he had released MMLP2 back in that time we could of had a decent record for it's name.

He's finished, he hasn't evolved with rap, and when he did try he ended up doing trash with rihanna pink etc.

He still would wipe the floor with most mcs but that doesn't give him the right to release woeful songs. It's just seems lazy since encore.

Beautiful, Deja Vu, 3AM and Medicine Ball mop the floor with anything on MMLP2. The accents were dreadful on Relapse and the production wasn't incredible but lyrically Em was very good and he was flowing his ass off at times...he also wasn't trying to sound annoyingly mad like he has been of late. If he had released MMLP2 back in that time we could of had a decent record for it's name.
    Deja Vu is great
    but Bad Guy,Rhyme or Reason,Legacy,Rap god,Headlights,Evil Twin,Groundhog Day,Beautiful Pain & Don't Front all far superior songs

Hop off it Beautiful is one of Em's best songs period. God help us if we're still listening to (and I can assure you very few people will be) drivel like Rap God in a few years time...Headlights is a terrible track...the others are average at best...I said it before, it seems like I can guess Eminem's lyrics line by line now...it's so stale

• Advertisement

Hop off it Beautiful is one of Em's best songs period. God help us if we're still listening to (and I can assure you very few people will be) drivel like Rap God in a few years time...Headlights is a terrible track...the others are average at best...I said it before, it seems like I can guess Eminem's lyrics line by line now...it's so stale

I agree that Beautiful is a good song, but I disagree with everything else. What makes you the expert?

Nothing does, but I do know my sh*t when it comes to hip hop and I know it very well and I'm as open minded as the next guy, but Eminem in 2013 is complete drivel.

Nothing does, but I do know my sh*t when it comes to hip hop and I know it very well and I'm as open minded as the next guy, but Eminem in 2013 is complete drivel.

You can't just say that, music taste is subjective.

It's my opinion so I can say it...good for you or whoever if you like it, I'm delighted. I'm sticking to my guns though. The album is wack.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

I have to disagree with you. MMLP2 is full of great songs. Of course there are some terrible ones as well but I strongly disagree that Rap God is drivel.

Quieten down with your "I know my hip-hop very well" nonsense and let people make their own minds up about the music. There's nothing more annoying than someone who tries to impose their tastes and opinions on other people. Music is extremely subjective and as such you are contributing nothing to this discussion by making assertions such as "eminem in 2013 is complete drivel".

SeaDaily wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you. MMLP2 is full of great songs. Of course there are some terrible ones as well but I strongly disagree that Rap God is drivel.

Quieten down with your "I know my hip-hop very well" nonsense and let people make their own minds up about the music. There's nothing more annoying than someone who tries to impose their tastes and opinions on other people. Music is extremely subjective and as such you are contributing nothing to this discussion by making assertions such as "eminem in 2013 is complete drivel".

Well he is right in saying that, in my opinion of course!

Well he is right in saying that, in my opinion of course!

Really though? Do you not like Bad Guy or Wicked Ways or Desperation?

People can say or like whatever the f*ck they want, I'm just saying my bit, which I'm entitled to. I couldn't care less what a person likes...I'm never forced anyone to agree with me or my personal tastes ever...

And I'm more than allowed to make that statement...I'm proud to say I've an educated mind and ear when it comes to hip hop, therefore I trust it entirely when making judgement on anything and I am always going to stick by it... I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong but I'd like to think I'm pretty fair and consistent...I've given this album far more time than I would normally and nothing has sparked so I made my verdict...and your last comment is hysterical. By making that post there, you're contributing far less to this discussion compared to any of my posts about the album.

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Really though? Do you not like Bad Guy or Wicked Ways or Desperation?

As I said earlier, half the album is ok but the rest is really really bad.

Just not good enough, he can do much better but has just taken the lazy road especially with the pop songs with rihanna and pink.

How many more albums and chances can he have.

• Advertisement

your last comment is hysterical.

Haha alright, good man.

Advertisement