Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just listened to MMLP2..........again. I just can't warm to it. I want to like it so much but he is just past his best. I'm listening to Relapse now and that is better than MMLP2 (sigh). Thanks for the memories Em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

dobman88 wrote: »
    Just listened to MMLP2..........again. I just can't warm to it. I want to like it so much but he is just past his best. I'm listening to Relapse now and that is better than MMLP2 (sigh). Thanks for the memories Em.

it is by far his worse album his ever done IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Thought that was pretty boring tbh. He looks like he's on drugs now more than he did when he was taking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I'm hoping they'll get into more detail in the next 3 parts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Album is in my regular headphone rotation and certain songs just keep getting better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Illuminati-esque chain

Prodgey wrote: »
    Illuminati-esque chain

Dog tags?

kryogen wrote: »
    Dog tags?

geniro?

With a triangle inside a circle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

i don't think this album is getting the full credit it deserves to be honest.

theballz wrote: »

because the majority do not like it. simple as that

Your massive ego does not make you the majority.

Your massive ego does not make you the majority.

Bitterness is sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

probably because the majority are too used to drake sh*t and probably never heard MMLP1.

probably because the majority are too used to drake sh*t and probably never heard MMLP1.

:pac::pac:

now i have heard it all. ignorance is bliss

It's been getting great reviews and sold over 700k first week. What more do you want for it?

Bitterness is sweet

Its true though, the majority do like it and sales figures will back that point up. You and people you know not liking it is pretty insignificant really, regardless of how important you think you are

HighClass wrote: »
    It's been getting great reviews and sold over 700k first week. What more do you want for it?

Personally I would be happy if nobody made the claim "the majority don't like it" given its stupidity as a statement

• Advertisement

Its true though, the majority do like it and sales figures will back that point up. You and people you know not liking it is pretty insignificant really, regardless of how important you think you are

Just like the whole world loves Justin Beiber.

When i meant by majority, i mean majority in this hip hop forum.

i also am members of other hip hop forums and the majority there hate this album.

Not one of my friends like this album too.

To me it seems the hip hop scene may not like this album and as someone stated in this thread, Eminem could put a load of ****(which he has) and it will still sell well as the justin Bieber type fanbase(ie young teenagers from the pop scene) will love whatever crap eminem puts out.

Now dont go taking my take on things as facts and gospels. All i am saying is what i have seen and read from various Hip Hop fans around the web and amongst real life people i know.

i also am members of other hip hop forums and the majority there hate this album.

To me it seems the hip hop scene may not like this album and as someone stated in this thread, Eminem could put a load of ****(which he has) and it will still sell well as the justin Bieber type fanbase(ie young teenagers from the pop scene) will love whatever crap eminem puts out.

Now dont go taking my take on things as facts and gospels. All i am saying is what i have seen and read from various Hip Hop fans around the web and amongst real life people i know.

So you have ignored the reviews? Is it possible you are just seeing what you want to see? There is a pretty good review of it back through the thread a little by a pretty respected guy.

I agree with the fact that Em could put out tripe and it would sell, but I disagree that this is rubbish, there are a couple of duds in there. But overall it really is a good album, I have made my points on this before and don't feel the need to go into them again

Its cool that you and people you know don't like it, that's fine. Its also cool that plenty of other people do like it, its music.

So you have ignored the reviews? Is it possible you are just seeing what you want to see? There is a pretty good review of it back through the thread a little by a pretty respected guy.

I agree with the fact that Em could put out tripe and it would sell, but I disagree that this is rubbish, there are a couple of duds in there. But overall it really is a good album, I have made my points on this before and don't feel the need to go into them again

Its cool that you and people you know don't like it, that's fine. Its also cool that plenty of other people do like it, its music.
    Yea so if its cool that i and others dont like it, why harp on about it?

me and others have stated why we dont like it and people who do like it are wondering why? Going on as if the album is getting no credit at all?

The reviews you read also love Justin Bieber to be honest so it doesnt matter about record sales or the amount of positive reviews. It doesnt decide for me if it is a good album or not as i am not a sheep.

i make my own decisions mate and dont give a damm what your opinon is about a album. i am old enough to decide if an album is good or bad and this simply is a piece of **** and i am sadden by it as i a massive eminem fan

me and others have stated why we dont like it and people who do like it are wondering why? Going on as if the album is getting no credit at all?

The reviews you read also love Justin Bieber to be honest so it doesnt matter about record sales or the amount of positive reviews. It doesnt decide for me if it is a good album or not as i am not a sheep.

i make my own decisions mate and dont give a damm what your opinon is about a album. i am old enough to decide if an album is good or bad and this simply is a piece of **** and i am sadden by it as i a massive eminem fan

If you don't give a damn about others opinions then why use them as part of your argument for the why you don't like the album?

The reviews I read also love Justin Bieber? That's just an odd one, I cant say I have ever read a Bieber review never mind one who likes him. The only review reference I made is to a guy who is pretty respected in this forum, he liked the album. That is a direct contrast to you saying what you read on the web etc doesn't like it.

Of course now your position has changed slightly, as I said, its great you don't like the album. Who cares though?

My issue is hardly with someone not liking the album, you should probably read peoples posts before developing foot in mouth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Why harp on about it?

Why harp on about it?

Why harp on about it?

Why harp on about it?

WHY HARP ON ABOUT IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

jesus what the hell is this crap?

officially dont care about this album.

https://soundcloud.com/shadyrecords/themonster

what a load of bollox.
    why do people insist rappers need radio friendly pop crap to help albums sell?

JayZ's magna carter holy grail album diddnt. It diddnt even NEED a damm single for it to sell like hot cakes.

Take point Kendric Lamar. Again did he needed some pop song to help sell his album? matter of fact he ditched lady gag for bitch dont kill my vibe and literelly if lady gaga was there, the vibe would have been killed on that song.

You dont need commercial pap to sell well, You just need to market it right. This is rap/hip hop, not bloody pop X factor type ****.

Album heading to be the biggest flop of the year.
    RIP Eminem. Your music is officially ****. The Old Eminem is dead and nowhere to be seen:( diabolical album. absolute shockingly bad!

Edit: is that really Kendrick? mother of ****ing god why?

What the **** was Kendrick SMOKING? this is absolutly ****ing shocking.

Recover was a FARRRRRRRRRRRRR SUPERIOR album then this ****.

Matter of fact, the latest BackStreet Boys album is more hip hop then this crap.
    well said.

I want someone like J cole or some other rapper to do a diss track and diss this piece of **** album. Maybe that will wake up eminem
    This imo is not medicore. its downright shocking.

I can list a whole bunch of commercial albums that are better then this.

drake, jayz, j cole, danny brown, pusha T and possibly even freaking Big Seans hall of fame album is better and i dont like that album at all.

You know i am a massive fan of eminen so its not as if i hated eminem's stuff. This is just shocking. i don't wear no rose tinted glasses. if an artist make bad ****, i will say it. Same as when Timbaland makes bad beats. i will be the first to say.
    we should do a "post your top 5 albums of the year" thread and lets see how many put eminem in their top 5
    load of garbage that so called review is.

what damm legacy? his quickly tarnishing it
    top 10 i am not sure but definitely the best song in the album. The album is shockingly bad.
    Not on any of the songs minus bad guy.

Drakes album pisses over this album literally.

This album is one of the worse albums this year.

I am or was a massive eminem fanboy and that is why i am damm right pissed and angry at eminem for making such a **** album.

Dont mix me with someone who always hated and slated eminem
    it is by far his worse album his ever done IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Illuminati-esque chain

It's the alcoholics anonymous symbol. Plus the illuminati don't exist.

• Site Banned Posts: 52 ✭✭dutcher

He cant really talk about raping his own mother cumming inside her with no rubber and have a son and a new brother at the same time and say it aint mine.

He has a 16 year old daughter or whatever age she is and cant really go on like that anymore with her listening to the records. Also could you imagine if he brought about another record about killing Halies mother and raping his mother. If he did bring out another record like that people would be like WTF and he allready did stuff like that. At 42 and a young daughter he cant really act like that anymore. He was a drug addict, nearly died and has changed.

The Eminem show and the Marshall Mathers LP are his two greatest albums. Can he really top them and the answer is NO! People are expecting way too much from him. At 42 and still rapping and still been relevant is a major respect. His music is going in a different direction and just be glad he is still releasing. There is no way he can top those two albums.

Do people expect him to be releasing better albums than those two classics. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

dutcher wrote: »

The Slim shady LP and the Marshall Mathers LP are his two greatest albums.

FYP

dutcher wrote: »
    He cant really talk about raping his own mother cumming inside her with no rubber and have a son and a new brother at the same time and say it aint mine.

He has a 16 year old daughter or whatever age she is and cant really go on like that anymore with her listening to the records. Also could you imagine if he brought about another record about killing Halies mother and raping his mother. If he did bring out another record like that people would be like WTF and he allready did stuff like that. At 42 and a young daughter he cant really act like that anymore. He was a drug addict, nearly died and has changed.

The Eminem show and the Marshall Mathers LP are his two greatest albums. Can he really top them and the answer is NO! People are expecting way too much from him. At 42 and still rapping and still been relevant is a major respect. His music is going in a different direction and just be glad he is still releasing. There is no way he can top those two albums.

Do people expect him to be releasing better albums than those two classics. Not a chance.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen the "Sure he can't be rapping about rape and murder anymore can he?" response. I don't think anyone in the thread has said they want him to do that and imo some of his best tracks have none of that in them, Say Goodbye To Hollywood, Sing For The Moment, Deja Vu, Beautiful etc.

Saying he couldn't have topped his early work is silly as well, it's been done by many rappers who are near his age. Nas, JayZ, Mos Def, Slug from Atmosphere off the top of my head, even Kool G Rap is still making some quality tracks and he's pushing 50!

I think he gets a pass on a lot of things purely because he's Eminem. If he wanted to make music that his daughter could listen to, which imo shouldnt factor into it at all, he could have went the Nas route instead of making Kid Rock/Blink 182 sounding anthems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

HighClass wrote: »
    he could have went the Nas route

Exactly.

Or the KRS-ONE, Chuck-D, Jay-Z or Rakim route either to name 3 who have been making better music for longer and are all as old if not older and have all grown.

Advertisement