Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rap god is the only song I like on this album. IMO it's worse than relapse , a lot worse.

Is that including songs like Groundhog Day etc?

No love for Legacy even or Bad Guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Rap god is the only song I like on this album. IMO it's worse than relapse , a lot worse.

List of good songs on this album:

Rap God
    Bad Guy
    Rhyme or Reason
    So Much Better
    Legacy
    Brainless
    Evil Twin
    Groundhog Day
    Baby
    Desperation
    Wicked ways

If you're really saying rap god is the only good song on this album you mustn't have listened to it all. There are as many bad songs as good on the album but to say there is only one good song is nonsense.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've started to listen to this album again. And I have to say, I've missed the genius behind Rap God until now. They are some clever clever lyrics and delivery......the synthy sound in the beat is still annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Bad guy is quality, ems best song in a long long time imo, he's clearly still got it when it comes to story telling.

The main thing I think is wrong with this album and other eminem albums of recent years is his producers being almost afraid to try and musically guide him, he's surrounded by people who won't tell him a song is shít or that he needs to change this or that, it's a shame really because he released his best work when you could hear dre's or the bass bro's influences on his music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Bad guy is quality, ems best song in a long long time imo, he's clearly still got it when it comes to story telling.

The main thing I think is wrong with this album and other eminem albums of recent years is his producers being almost afraid to try and musically guide him, he's surrounded by people who won't tell him a song is shít or that he needs to change this or that, it's a shame really because he released his best work when you could hear dre's or the bass bro's influences on his music
    The last verse of bad guy is epic, it's him at his best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I don't get the hate for Love Game at all. Sure, it's corny as hell but they're both on form here imo.

There are quite a few duds on this album but it has a few gems on it too, love Groundhog Day and Wicked Ways.

I love the double meanings to some of the lines, it takes me a few listens to actually notice them sometimes. Like at the start of Wicked Ways; "Guess I got a way with words". He's saying he has a way with words but that he's also gotten away with words i.e the controversial lyrics in the past. Genius and chuffed when I notice things like that :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

^^ I think Love Game is excellent, a real ballsy move from everyone that paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

The last verse of bad guy is epic, it's him at his best.

It is indeed so why couldnt he carry the same quality on the rest of the album?
    He clearly has the ability still so god knows what happened to the rest of the songs in the album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Just my two cents, but I've been listening to this album for 2 weeks straight now and I can't turn it off. I say that as someone who thought Relapse was utter muck and Recovery only passable. After my first listen I loved it. On the second and third listens I thought there was too much singing. But it's completely grown on me, and has unbelievable wordplay, storytelling and beats. I love all the touches that link it back to MMLP1 like the high-pitched 'Slim Shady' voice, the way he says 'Criminal', the skits, Ken Kaniff, etc...

So many good tracks, I won't list them all as its been done already, with only two duds, in particular 'Stronger Than I Was'.

What is the story with Rap God? Imo, one of his best ever tracks. Why wasn't it on the album? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Rap God is on the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Just my two cents, but I've been listening to this album for 2 weeks straight now and I can't turn it off. I say that as someone who thought Relapse was utter muck and Recovery only passable. After my first listen I loved it. On the second and third listens I thought there was too much singing. But it's completely grown on me, and has unbelievable wordplay, storytelling and beats. I love all the touches that link it back to MMLP1 like the high-pitched 'Slim Shady' voice, the way he says 'Criminal', the skits, Ken Kaniff, etc...

So many good tracks, I won't list them all as its been done already, with only two duds, in particular 'Stronger Than I Was'.

What is the story with Rap God? Imo, one of his best ever tracks. Why wasn't it on the album? :o
    stop skipping track 9;)

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Rap God is on the album.

it is a decent track.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Music is all about personal preference. I think its a great album, i had given up on Eminem ever producing a decent album again, he was either rapping with a stupid accent (relapse) or screaming over beats (recovery) which sounded horrible but the MMLP2 album sounds like Em again. Em is as lyrical as ever on this album, people say he still rapping about the same things! Doesnt every rap artist with longevity in the game do the same??? People say the beats are piss poor, i think production within hip hop as a whole as declined over the last decade. It used to be a talent now anybody can make a beat. I do admit id expect a bit better from a legend like Rick Rubin though.

I dont understand how anyone can say Encore,Relapse or Recovery were better but as i said music is all about preference, i cant tell you that your wrong not to like it, but at the same time i dont know what people expect from Em, it seems people expect from him that any other hip hop artist. If you want his old sh!t then listen to his old sh!t. Jay-Z doesnt sound like he did when he made great album like Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint or The Black Album. The only songs i hate on this album is Asshole & So Far...Remove them to tracks & replace them with Wicked Ways & Baby from the bonus cuts and this album would be straight fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

it is a decent track.

It's really grown on me, Kendrick is flowing like he's straight off the first MMLP.

Kendrick? his not on rap god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

Kendrick? his not on rap god

Nah sorry, I meant Love Game!

Kendrick on Rap God would have been epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Rap God is on the album.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    stop skipping track 9;)

Ah, it looks like my iTunes is playing tricks on me! I bought Rap God as a single a while back and then bought the album and it's kept the two of them separate :confused:

Rap God and Bad Guy would probably go into my all time top 10 Eminem tracks tbh. :cool:

Kendrick on Rap God would have been epic

Probably would have made the song irrelevent..whole point of it was Eminem showcasing how good he is,why he's better than everyone else & that hes a rap god, to share the song with Kendrick or anybody else would have defeated its purpose

Love Game doesnt seem to be fully appreciated..i taught they both delivered on it

Also i dont get the hype about Kendrick, hes a good lyricist etc but in my opinion his new album was nothing special

Probably would have made the song irrelevent..whole point of it was Eminem showcasing how good he is,why he's better than everyone else & that hes a rap god, to share the song with Kendrick or anybody else would have defeated its purpose

Love Game doesnt seem to be fully appreciated..i taught they both delivered on it

Also i dont get the hype about Kendrick, hes a good lyricist etc but in my opinion his new album was nothing special
    could have called it Rap God's

• Advertisement

could have called it Rap God's

Wouldnt mind seeing a remix under that title.maybe with Nas & Jay or Pharoahe Monch & Tech N9ne or even Slaughterhouse..not Kendrick though, hes only around a wet day

Wouldnt mind seeing a remix under that title.maybe with Nas & Jay or Pharoahe Monch & Tech N9ne or even Slaughterhouse..not Kendrick though, hes only around a wet day

Kendrick is gonna go down as one of the greatest, there no two ways about it

In comparison to the new generation of hip hop like Big Sean & 2 Chainz he stands out but im yet to buy into this idea that hes an incredible artist..i think hes the complete rapper though..hes very lyrical, has a great delivery/flow & harmonise/sing hooks but after all the hype around Good Kid M.A.A.D City i taught it was a let down..he creates amazing verses & held his own on Love Game though

That Control verse he did is way overated

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Good Kid M.A.A.D City was far from a let down

Doris300 wrote: »
    Good Kid M.A.A.D City was far from a let down

Music is subjective, For me it was a let down where as im sure millions of other people love it..i first heard of Kendrick when i got his album Section 80 which i really liked but i gave MAAD City & few spins & didnt enjoy.. To keep on topic of the thread its no where near as good as MMLP2 for example

Music is subjective, For me it was a let down where as im sure millions of other people love it..i first heard of Kendrick when i got his album Section 80 which i really liked but i gave MAAD City & few spins & didnt enjoy.. To keep on topic of the thread its no where near as good as MMLP2 for example
    id give it more than a few spins
    Kendricks album tend to grow on you alot abit like MMLP2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

GKMC is a superb album and, to keep the thread on topic, as good as MMLP2 is, GKMC pisses all over it.

id give it more than a few spins
    Kendricks album tend to grow on you alot abit like MMLP2

+1 took me about 5 listens of section 80 to get into it, never looked back afterwards, one of my favourite albums

AG918 wrote: »
    GKMC is a superb album and, to keep the thread on topic, as good as MMLP2 is, GKMC pisses all over it.

Out of interest what 5 songs from GKMC would you consider amazing? Im going to revist the album, maybe my opinion on it will change but from listening to several times before & listening to it to MMLP2 now, in my opinion Em's effort is a much better listen & more complete album

I taught Backstreet Freestyle,Swimming Pools & Poetic Justice were rubbish, only really liked Compton, The Recipe & Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Out of interest what 5 songs from GKMC would you consider amazing? Im going to revist the album, maybe my opinion on it will change but from listening to several times before & listening to it to MMLP2 now, in my opinion Em's effort is a much better listen & more complete album

I taught Backstreet Freestyle,Swimming Pools & Poetic Justice were rubbish, only really liked Compton, The Recipe & Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe

It's far easier to say which songs from GKMC aren't good. Personally I'm not a huge fan of "Real" or "Sing About Me I'm Dying of Thirst". That leaves the rest of the album which are all great songs.

Advertisement