Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Out of interest what 5 songs from GKMC would you consider amazing? Im going to revist the album, maybe my opinion on it will change but from listening to several times before & listening to it to MMLP2 now, in my opinion Em's effort is a much better listen & more complete album

I taught Backstreet Freestyle,Swimming Pools & Poetic Justice were rubbish, only really liked Compton, The Recipe & Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe

What was wrong with sherane, black boy fly, art of peer pressure, money trees and pretty much every other song on the album??

Poetic justice is quality, even drake is bareable on it, the janet jackson sample that Scoop flipped is perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    What was wrong with sherane, black boy fly, art of peer pressure, money trees and pretty much every other song on the album??

Poetic justice is quality, even drake is bareable on it, the janet jackson sample that Scoop flipped is perfect!

Been sitting her playing the ps3 bumping the album..my opinion of Poetic Justice will never change, still think its a poor song but album is much better than i originally taught

Dont like- Poetic Justice,Now Or Never,Backseat Freestyle,Real
    & Swimming Pools

Like- Black Boy Fly, Peer Pressure,Compton,The Recipe,Bitch,Money Trees,Sherane,Good Kid,mAAD city

Think the 12minute song Sing About Me Im Dying Of Thirst is good but its placed wrong on the album, should have been the last song on the album

Kendrick is incredible,i said earlier hes the complete artist but for me its a good album & nothing more,i taught it was a let down after Section 80 but thats only my opinion on it, be interesting to see what his next album is like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

Out of interest what 5 songs from GKMC would you consider amazing?

1. Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
    2. Backseat Freestyle
    3. Money Trees
    4. m.A.A.d city
    5. Sing About Me, I'm Dying Of Thirst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

Section 80 is better than GKMC, which is still a fantastic album!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

This thread has gone wayy OT :eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Jason Todd wrote: »
    This thread has gone wayy OT :eek::pac:

Sorry mam.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mod: If ya'llz want to talk about Kendrick Lamar, he has his own thread. Keep this one to Eminem please.
    Comparisons are allowed, but when the topic is completely strayed from, that is problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Kendrick > Em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Doris300 wrote: »
    Kendrick > Em

Not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Prodgey wrote: »
    Not a hope.

I think his comment was mainly in response to BoomBap's saying that comparisons are allowed. If not then I also disagree with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Doris300 wrote: »
    Kendrick > Em

Always amazed at how under appreciated Eminem has become, if your talking just raw rapping ability then i think he's the most gifted & talented rapper there ever was. Unfortunatly a few poor albums like Encore,Relapse & to a lesser extent Recovery have tainted his legacy..People like Nas & Hov have been more consistent with making great albums

When someone like Kendrick has put out 6 or 7 albums, then we can start that discussion, but until then it shouldnt even be up for debate

I think people confuse their favourite rappers with best rappers...ive always liked The Game, hes always been a personal favourite but rappers like AZ,Black Thought,Rakim,Talib Kweli,Common,Immortal Tech are much more better than him...imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Out of interest what 5 songs from GKMC would you consider amazing? Im going to revist the album, maybe my opinion on it will change but from listening to several times before & listening to it to MMLP2 now, in my opinion Em's effort is a much better listen & more complete album

I taught Backstreet Freestyle,Swimming Pools & Poetic Justice were rubbish, only really liked Compton, The Recipe & Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe
    Compton is the worst song on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

AG918 wrote: »
    1. Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
    2. Backseat Freestyle
    3. Money Trees
    4. m.A.A.d city
    5. Sing About Me, I'm Dying Of Thirst

i couldnt even pick 5 good songs from eminems latest flop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

We get it that you don't like this album..

Yeah seriously man just stop commenting on here, you have nothing left to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

We'll have to close this thread shortly since it appears that everyone has finished discussing the album.

Yeah... flop... :rolleyes:
    Last week was a small interruption for the powerhouse that is Eminem's new album MMLP2. After sliding to the No. 2 spot last week to make room for Lady Gaga's ARTPOP, Slim Shady's eighth studio album has now reclaimed the top spot.

According to Billboard, Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP 2 returned to the No. 1 spot with 120,000 copies sold last week. Those are impressive figures for any record in 2013, let alone one in its first week. However, sales of MMLP2 have been huge. In its first week, the record sold 792,000 copies and then declined to 210,000 units last week, going platinum. In total, MMLP2 has sold 1.12 million copies in just three weeks.

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/22399/20131127/eminem-mmlp2-returns-1-billboard-charts-small-sales-week-lady.htm

Even the MMLP2 clothing line is selling out...
    Eminem is the talk of the hip hop world with his new album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Slim Shady is doing a lot more than rapping, however. It seems the new album has brought out the entrepreneur in him as his new Shady VS Everybody line is already selling out.

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/4609/20131210/eminem-shady-vs-everybody-mmlp2-rapper-clothing-line-sold-out.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

u don't like the album :eek:

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Yeah seriously man just stop commenting on here, you have nothing left to say.

i got loads to say. where do i start?

i have not told u why i hate this album in depth yet so plenty to talk about and now that some are even comparing kendrics last abum to this trash is even funny . Its like comparing 2pac to 2 chainz lol.

No comparison!

Most hip hop rap albums that have come out this year dwarfs over eminems lazy efforts.

Go and listen to Danny brown for instance.

• Advertisement

cool story bro. Just Bieber went platinum too!

That's not the point bro, you said it was a flop. It clearly wasn't. Far from it in fact.

I might think Justin Bieber is a scourge on modern music, but he ain't a flop.

That's not the point bro, you said it was a flop. It clearly wasn't. Far from it in fact.

I might think Justin Bieber is a scourge on modern music, but he ain't a flop.

his a flop in my eyes. not in the public sales wise. i couldnt give a hoot how much an artist sells. Do u?

Nope of course not. No one here gives a hoot how much a artist sales because guess what. the one thing u do give a hoot is YOUR OWN PERSONAL JUDGEMENT/OPINION .

Maybe some do just like something just because most people do but i am not that person. Sorry

his a flop in my eyes. not in the public sales wise. i couldnt give a hoot how much an artist sells. Do u?

Nope of course not. No one here gives a hoot how much a artist sales because guess what. the one thing u do give a hoot is YOUR OWN PERSONAL JUDGEMENT/OPINION .

Maybe some do just like something just because most people do but i am not that person. Sorry

Get back under your bridge you troglodyte!

Flop is the wrong word to use for what you are trying to describe. Thats where the confusion lies. You know full well Jason Todd wasnt saying he only like artists who sell millions of copies.

Also learn how to spell/communicate coherently before posting your next rant!

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Flop is the wrong word to use for what you are trying to describe. Thats where the confusion lies. You know full well Jason Todd wasnt saying he only like artists who sell millions of copies.

and u know full well i did not imply that he did!

infact i implied that no one here did!

Then maybe a something like "the album was a flop imo" might have been better there.

Ok, it was a disappointment to you, but it was far from a commercial or critical flop.

Personally, bar maybe two tracks I love it. And that's coming from someone who thought the last two albums were very very poor. Even Encore was barely decent imo.

To me, it's his best album since The Eminem Show, and I never thought I'd say that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TheMZA has just got a ban for personal abuse.
    I don't want to hand out any more. So just agree to disagree please.

Then maybe a something like "the album was a flop imo" might have been better there.

Ok, it was a disappointment to you, but it was far from a commercial or critical flop.

Personally, bar maybe two tracks I love it. And that's coming from someone who thought the last two albums were very very poor. Even Encore was barely decent imo.

To me, it's his best album since The Eminem Show, and I never thought I'd say that.

That was my only flaw on my original post. That i did not be more specific although most folks know already what i meant as i have said a lot of times that i/me/my opinion is that this album is terrible.

Never have i questioned its sales or anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Since when have sales had any influence on an album being a flop or not? The industry is a joke, sales are incredibly irrelevant.

Advertisement