Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

I don't think he writes the raps himself, there seems to be a group including him who write them.

agree

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Eminem doesn't write his own lyrics? That is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read. Get a grip lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Wouldn't surprise me if Yelawolf is writing all his bars. Ever since he signed to Shady his music got worse and Em's got better, lots of new fast Yela type flows and country rock Alabama sounding beats on MMLP2 as well :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Eminem doesn't write his own lyrics? That is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read. Get a grip lads.

well said. what a load of crap that is. Not a damm right ounce of truth to that. laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Im not sure claiming Eminem writes his own raps is all that much a positive anymore, bar about 10% of his albums these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I must be wrong so.

Just all his songs I look at it has his name and a few others as the writers, bit confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I must be wrong so.

Just all his songs I look at it has his name and a few others as the writers, bit confusing.

The writing credits in albums will include song writers, producers and musicians and even the original writers if the song uses samples.

For example, on Berzerk, Rick Rubin and all the Beastie Boys names appear because Rubin produced it and sampled Beastie Boys track So Whatcha Want (also produce by Rubin iirc)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

not a bad video

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I must be wrong so.

All producers and sampled artists and basically anybody that changed the sound of the song by being involved get writers credits.

MD1990 wrote: »

not a bad video

its ok ...

• Advertisement

Video is pretty cool. Makes me like the track more than I did, same thing happened with Berzerk.

diddnt for me. video was ok i guess but the song still did not impress me. Love the way you are is a lot better then this both the song and the video

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

When was the last time you watched a music video on a tv channel?? Used to love when the new Music videos came out & it was shown on Kiss,The Box,MTV Base etc, but now i rarely see them unless im searchinh for a song on youtube & i happen to click on the music video for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not a bad video

When was the last time you watched a music video on a tv channel?? Used to love when the new Music videos came out & it was shown on Kiss,The Box,MTV Base etc, but now i rarely see them unless im searchinh for a song on youtube & i happen to click on the music video for it

music video on TV? what madness are you talking about! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I want to like it but I just cant :(,

I gave it another spin on spotify dis-morning before work with an energy drink in hand (usually makes music sound way better probably due to the caffeine :D) but ye i just cant get to grips with it.

I love rap god though, one of the best songs of 13 without a doubt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've also listened a few more times, and some songs get a little better, but the bulk of the album remains poor for my tastes.
    But in saying that, I can totally see how others love the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've also listened a few more times, and some songs get a little better, but the bulk of the album remains poor for my tastes.
    But in saying that, I can totally see how others love the album.

I think he does well in staying relevant, its like he adapted the sound of the album to suit todays youth just like he did with the original mmlp when i was a kid. I still think he should of let the mmlp legacy alone though, my pet hate is rappers trying to re-create classics by coing out with part 2's etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

His best since the Eminem Show; therefore one of the best LPs ever.

Best after about 50 listens.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Oh god.. Eminem fans :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I think I just vomited a little

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

I did like the album exept the obvious weak parts parts but i can see how others dont

To be critical of the album the last verse on bad guy is one of Eminems best verses in my opinion

if you were to judge the rest of the album against only that verse its complete garbabge in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Doris300 wrote: »
    Oh god.. Eminem fans :rolleyes:

He is obviously trolling, your a bigger ass for believing him .............

I most certainly am not; Eminem has, for the past 15 years been the greatest artist in popular music; not just hip-hop.

Put these 12 songs on a playlist; name ANY Album out in the past few years that even comes close.

- Bad Guy
    - The Monster
    - Legacy
    - Rhyme or Reason
    - Asshole
    - Stronger than I was
    - Headlights
    - Rap God
    - Desperation
    - Beautiful Pain
    - So much Better
    - Baby

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

you must be joking/trolling

I most certainly am not; Eminem has, for the past 15 years been the greatest artist in popular music; not just hip-hop.

Put these 12 songs on a playlist; name ANY Album out in the past few years that even comes close.

- Bad Guy
    - The Monster
    - Legacy
    - Rhyme or Reason
    - Asshole
    - Stronger than I was
    - Headlights
    - Rap God
    - Desperation
    - Beautiful Pain
    - So much Better
    - Baby

:cool:

I'm pretty bored waiting for the Superbowl so I'll take the bait. Though to be fair you're probably not a troll, Eminem megafans are a strange breed.

Albums in the past few years that are better than those 12 tracks, I'll keep it 2009-2013 and seeing as it's an Em thread, white rappers only.

Eyedea & Abilities - By The Throat
    Action Bronson - Dr Lecter
    Mac Miller - WMWTSO
    Evidence - Cats & Dogs
    Aesop Rock - Skelethon
    El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
    Grieves - Together/Apart

That's just white rappers in the past few years who've all dropped albums better than those 12 songs, probably left out a good few as well. Funnily enough I was listening to MMLP2 again today, Bad Guy is still an amazing track but it's downhill big time from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Eyedea & Abilities - By The Throat
    Action Bronson - Dr Lecter
    Mac Miller - WMWTSO
    Evidence - Cats & Dogs
    Aesop Rock - Skelethon
    El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
    Grieves - Together/Apart

Some of these too old. Why don't we just do 2013? I'll just do 5 randomly.

-Ghostface album
    -Blue Chips 2
    -Spark Master tape mixtape
    -Run The Jewels
    -Danny Brown Old

Haha sorry my bad, didn't see we were doing white rappers! (why though) Although Spark Master Tape might be white, Bronson's white, El-p...so my list's pretty mixed :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yiz are clearly forgetting Qwel & Makers 'Beautiful Raw'album from the lists :)

In relation to Em's album, since my last post on this here thread, I doubt that I've listened let alone been compelled to listen to it, or any tracks off it.

Jezek wrote: »
    you must be joking/trolling

Not either. My point stands despite the mediocre offerings given in response.

I'd have to question the aesthetic judgement of anyone who'd watch the Superbowl!

Paint drying etc......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Not either. My point stands despite the mediocre offerings given in response.

I'd have to question the aesthetic judgement of anyone who'd watch the Superbowl!

Paint drying etc......

Emnem watches the superbowl.....what now!!:D

Advertisement