Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Not either. My point stands despite the mediocre offerings given in response.

I'd have to question the aesthetic judgement of anyone who'd watch the Superbowl!

Paint drying etc......

Then you are beyond help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Doris300 wrote: »
    Oh god.. Eminem fans :rolleyes:

It's the same thing with Floyd mayweather fans in the boxing forum,odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

It's the same thing with Floyd mayweather fans in the boxing forum,odd.

G.O.A.T

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

pone2012 wrote: »
    I did like the album exept the obvious weak parts parts but i can see how others dont

To be critical of the album the last verse on bad guy is one of Eminems best verses in my opinion

if you were to judge the rest of the album against only that verse its complete garbabge in comparison
    Said same thing. Bad guy is his best song in this album. the rest is a joke. a complete joke that makes J cole and Drake outshine and out rhyme Eminem and thats saying something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Said same thing. Bad guy is his best song in this album. the rest is a joke. a complete joke that makes J cole and Drake outshine and out rhyme Eminem and thats saying something.

Bad Guy is indeed the best song; there at least 10 other exceptionable songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Haha, Drake out rhyme Eminem? Are you feeling okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

In terms of relevancy Chief Keef is more relevant than Em and that's nothing on Em but Keef is making better music right now. Legends need to know when to step down for fresher, better artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

In terms of relevancy Chief Keef is more relevant than Em and that's nothing on Em but Keef is making better music right now. Legends need to know when to step down for fresher, better artists.

I've seen it all now

Dunno about better music, but Keef (and Fredo, Fat Trel, etc) are a lot more influential right now than Eminem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Jezek wrote: »
    Dunno about better music, but Keef (and Fredo, Fat Trel, etc) are a lot more influential right now than Eminem is.

I have literally never heard of any of them.

Googled Chief Keef... 3 things came up, a murder charge, a blow job pic on instagram and a beef with Katy Perry.

Jesus Christ. If this guy is more influential in the rap world than Eminem then God help us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

so Eminem should retire beacause u think Chief Keef is more relevant lol
    i think your posts are no longer relevant tbh

I have literally never heard of any of them.

Googled Chief Keef... 3 things came up, a murder charge, a blow job pic on instagram and a beef with Katy Perry.

Jesus Christ. If this guy is more influential in the rap world than Eminem then God help us.

Haha sorry but if you don't know who Cheef Keef is then you're not realy keeping up with Hip-hop nowadays. He was in Yeezus, for example. He is hugely influential. Eminem isn't changing the face of rap, but Keef and Young Chop ( his early main producer) are changing the landscape, influencing production and shifting the landscape towards the drill sound.

Haha sorry but if you don't know who Cheef Keef is then you're not realy keeping up with Hip-hop nowadays. He was in Yeezus, for example. He is hugely influential. Eminem isn't changing the face of rap, but Keef and Young Chop ( his early main producer) are changing the landscape, influencing production and shifting the landscape towards the drill sound.

I hope this is some sort of joke. Keef produces the sort of music that'd make your ears bleed.

For those not aware this is some of Chief Keef's work. This is one of his most popular songs. Truly terrible.

"These bitches love Sosa
    And they love them Glo' Boys
    Know we from the 'Go boy
    But we cannot go boy
    No I don't know ol' boy
    I know he's a broke boy
    Raris and Rovers"

Yes, thanks for that Chief Keef, really great stuff.

SeaDaily wrote: »
    I hope this is some sort of joke. Keef produces the sort of music that'd make your ears bleed.

I'm talking about how influential he is. Not how good he is. Please argue the point please if you don't agree.

I'm talking about how influential he is. Not how good he is. Please argue the point please if you don't agree.

Okay well Chief Keef has 36,000,000 views on love sosa, the most of any of his songs. Eminem has nearly 500,000,000 for not afraid and 84,000,000 for Berzerk. I can therefore conclude that Eminem has greater influence than Chief Keef.

Okay well Chief Keef has 36,000,000 views on love sosa, the most of any of his songs. Eminem has nearly 500,000,000 for not afraid and 84,000,000 for Berzerk. I can therefore conclude that Eminem has greater influence than Chief Keef.

again, you missed the point. Popularity isn't the same as influence. Sosa has changed rap music. eminem hasn't done this for a minute.

again, you missed the point. Popularity isn't the same as influence. Sosa has changed rap music. eminem hasn't done this for a minute.

Sorry but in what way has Sosa changed rap? I challenge you to find to find an example of anyone at all saying they were inspired by Chief Keef. It is absurd to say Eminem hasn't changed rap.

Sorry but in what way has Sosa changed rap? I challenge you to find to find an example of anyone at all saying they were inspired by Chief Keef. It is absurd to say Eminem hasn't changed rap.

I didn't say eminem hasnt changed rap. That WOULD be absurd.

Pusha T really likes Keef. Kanye is a fan, and working on new material right now. Gucci signed him . (this doesn't carry any weight, but GaGa also loves him :) ) I haven't found any famous rappers saying they were inspired by him, but if you listen out for the new rap releases the drill sound is far reaching. Young Chop's mixtape featured Freddie Gibbs and Juicy J with a drill-inspired sound... So the influence is out there. Of course it is a nebulous concept in itself, but it's out there...

"Oh my God. This is incredible. This producer is incredible. I love it as a whole but this producer is incredible." -Kanye West. on hearing Keef for the first time. Of course Young Chop is getting most of the credit, this is fair enough he is extremely talented.

• Advertisement

"Oh my God. This is incredible. This producer is incredible. I love it as a whole but this producer is incredible." -Kanye West. on hearing Keef for the first time. Of course Young Chop is getting most of the credit, this is fair enough he is extremely talented.

That has nothing to do with Keef, Kanye is blatantly concentrating solely on the production, which I must admit is very good. If a talented rapper had a go at the beat for Love Sosa I'd say it would be great.

That has nothing to do with Keef, Kanye is blatantly concentrating solely on the production, which I must admit is very good. If a talented rapper had a go at the beat for Love Sosa I'd say it would be great.

''I love it as a whole " too subtle for you? He is saying that he loves it as WHOLE even though he highlights the production. In any case, Keef's influence has been largely through his selection of beats and co-operation with producers like Young Chop. It's a whole scene (drill) that rose through streets of Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

MMLP2 known for its lyrics... "I must be allergic to failure cause everytime I come close to it / I just sneeze, but I just go achoo [at you] then achieve!" "That's like telling Gwen Stefan' that she sold out / Cause I was tryna leave, no doubt." the rapbot one, the car loan one ...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just going to throw in my theory on Chief Keef.
    If he wasn't from Chicago, Kanye would be paying attention. Kanye heard of a rapper from his city, getting a huge following, with a newish sound and jumped on it. I can nearly hear the ca-ching for kanye myself by working with him. Apparently that Sosa track is heard still in cars rolling around the US.

As far as a comparison between Em and Keef, that is a bit ridiculous. One is a well established rapper who has a career behind them.
    The other is a guy that has a hit song and marketing potential....along with a rap sheet that is growing by the day.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Just going to throw in my theory on Chief Keef.
    If he wasn't from Chicago, Kanye would be paying attention. Kanye heard of a rapper from his city, getting a huge following, with a newish sound and jumped on it. I can nearly hear the ca-ching for kanye myself by working with him. Apparently that Sosa track is heard still in cars rolling around the US.

As far as a comparison between Em and Keef, that is a bit ridiculous. One is a well established rapper who has a career behind them.
    The other is a guy that has a hit song and marketing potential....along with a rap sheet that is growing by the day.

Well put and all fair points. We are not really comparing Em and Keef as rappers.We are comparing an established artist, now well into the mainstream, the apex of their career behind them, and an underground artist who is blowing up, and making a lot of waves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Keef and Young Chop ( his early main producer) are changing the landscape, influencing production and shifting the landscape towards the drill sound.

PERSONALLY I Prefer music ...........but if the sound of a drill turns you on ....

PERSONALLY I Prefer music ...........but if the sound of a drill turns you on ....

How strange, I love music too! But we were not talking about personal preferences. Although I do like Young Chop's production, I'm not really a Chief Keef fan. You can't pretend it's not happening cause you don't like it. Drill music is huge with certain demographics...it's nothing to me I just think it's irrational to say, oh no that music isn't popular, I don't like it! I hate to think what Young Thug getting huge is gonna do to some people.

I think when the Kanye West produced Chief Keef songs from his new album come out he will be a lot harder to ignore.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 111 ✭✭SPS1

What I want to know is, for "The Monster" video, did they re-shoot Eminems old clips?

He certainly came along way since "Foolish Pride" 25 years ago :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chd8VzL2soY

looking forwad to seeing the Headlights Video Sunday.

• Advertisement

Advertisement