Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

His ability on every album of late still far outstrips any other commercial rappers.

I can only think of 1 other artist who rivals his skill and thats lowkey

whether you like his newer albums or not is just opinion and may be influenced by expecting them to get bigger and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

RUSTEDCORE wrote: »

I can only think of 1 other artist who rivals his skill and thats lowkey

You're not thinking hard enough then.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    You're not thinking hard enough then.

please l as eminemnk me to artists you believe to be of such a skill level

please l as eminemnk me to artists you believe to be of such a skill level

What?

What?

lol sorry my keyboard does random stuff at times

I meant please link me to some you think are as good as Eminem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The Lady Gaga thing is false btw just noticed it was posted months ago & was denied by Eminem's manager
    the other part about the single might be true

lol sorry my keyboard does random stuff at times

I meant please link me to some you think are as good as Eminem

Not bothered linking but Nas, Jay Z, Big L, AZ, Big Pun, Mos Def to name a few are all just as good if not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Not bothered linking but Nas, Jay Z, Big L, AZ, Big Pun, Mos Def to name a few are all better.

FTFY.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bread And Circuses

Not bothered linking but Nas, Jay Z, Big L, AZ, Big Pun, Mos Def to name a few are all just as good if not better.
    Eminem murdered Jay-Z on his own song!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Eminem murdered Jay-Z on his own song!

Well, in fairness that song was originally a bad meets evil song.

• Advertisement

I dont really rate any of them besides NAS especially not J ..never heard a jay- z song I liked that wasnt made good by someone else on it whether it be kanye or EM on renegade... oh and NAS is above average where EM is ...well the best

It is a matter of opinion and I cant force you to be right

oddly however Numb/encore is one of my favourite songs and that is essentially jay with a different beat... but I never thought wow jays lyrics or vocal ability takes any skill.

Whereas Eminem amazes me constantly... its like an audible cirque du soleil

Regardless of personal opinion there is a scientific way of measuring poetic complexity I doubt anyone can be bothered to run eminem and jay lyrics though the maths of it due to the sheer volume of their combined works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Well, in fairness that song was originally a bad meets evil song.
    yes which gave Jay more of a chance to compete with Eminem verses
    classic song though

I dont really rate any of them besides NAS especially not J ..never heard a jay- z song I liked that wasnt made good by someone else on it whether it be kanye or EM on renegade... oh and NAS is above average where EM is ...well the best

It is a matter of opinion and I cant force you to be right
    You dont rate Big L, AZ, Big Pun and Mos Def? That's because you've never heard of them, admit it. Nas is not "above average" whether that's opinion or not it's just stupid. And if you only rate Jay Z songs by their features then with all due respect you probably know fúck all about music in general.

You dont rate Big L, AZ, Big Pun and Mos Def? That's because you've never heard of them, admit it. Nas is not "above average" whether that's opinion or not it's just stupid. And if you only rate Jay Z songs by their features then with all due respect you probably know fúck all about music in general.

By all means name 1 good track with just jay on it.

and yes I have heard the others.. obviously i never listened to all their stuff not being a fan of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

There's two.

and Nas's illmatic is better than anything eminem ever wrote.

edit: better than anything any rappers ever wrote.

The Bza just summed up what I would have said to you.

Good songs with just jay on them? December 4th, Allure, Lucifer, Dead presidents, can I live, regrets..... if you don't find any of them songs good youre either lying to yourself or you don't posess ears.

TheBza wrote: »
    There's two.

are you serious or joking?

theres more rap talent in ems crank call skits than those 2 tracks

I was highlighting two decent jay-z songs, relax.

• Advertisement

are you serious or joking?

theres more rap talent in ems crank call skits than those 2 tracks
    Now Im calling troll or hardcore stan, because that's possibly the worst thing I've ever read.

I'm a massive eminem fan, going to see him at slane, but you're taking the piss, you quite clearly dont understand 22 twos if you think a fùcking ken kaniff skit is better than it.

The Bza just summed up what I would have said to you.

Good songs with just jay on them? December 4th, Allure, Lucifer, Dead presidents, can I live, regrets..... if you don't find any of them songs good youre either lying to yourself or you don't posess ears.

I think Ems rhymes require a higher intellect to write and perhaps you lack the ability to comprehend anything above bitch-ho-nigga word dribbling.

Im guessing you are at least 40?
    you probably are stuck with an early rap mindstate and cant appreciate how the art form has progressed.

and do you seriously not rate Big L, AZ, Big Pun and Mos Def?

"bitch-ho-nigga word dribbling." hahahahahahahaha, you're a mad man.

I think Ems rhymes require a higher intellect to write and perhaps you lack the ability to comprehend anything above bitch-ho-nigga word dribbling.

Im guessing you are at least 40?
    you probably are stuck with an early rap mindstate and cant appreciate how the art form has progressed.

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong, I'm only going 17, just finished my leaving cert mocks today. Just because you use long words doesn't make you a smarter person than me ;) I know eminems music inside out, I own every one of his albums and I've listened to pretty much everything he's recorded, but he is not the greatest, there are simply artists out there that are lyrically better than him. That's one fact you're clearly blind to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Among the worst collection of posts I've ever seen, fair play sir.

u guys are ridiculous lol.. but its genuinely amusing to me so do go on

You're right, we're the ridiculous ones.

hmm...

which of these do you think are better em songs who knew or fight music (and yeh I know its technically D12 but im just talking abouts EMs lyrics)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭floggg

i honestly think he has replaced it... I think recovery showed a lot of maturity , it was his first ever album without a corny trademark song that usually is his lead single instead we got im not afraid which i honestly think is a great song and has some very honest verses.

i suppose its a matter of opinion, i found the content interesting for the best part now granted there is a few tracks i dont like on recovery aswell like white trash party etc.

the best thing to do would be to just take his music in your stride because he has changed ,everything from his personality to music. You never know the album isnt even out yet nor have we heard anything from it so we cant judge it yet or guess what its going to sound like because nobody taught recovery would sound the way it did.:)

kanye was corny as f*ck on 808 that is the ultimate sell out album turned his back on hip hop for a commercial pop album. mbdtf isnt all that great either imo, its the one album i can honestly say is all over the place production wise i mean talk about cramming features in for the sake of it i.e niki, ross etc horrible verses in saying that there was some great songs on it too but i wouldnt be mad on it personally and on kanye in general , loved him on WTT though taught he carried jay.

Seriously? Whatever about Ross's verse on Devil in a New Dress (which want bad by any means, but I just didn't really feel the song as a while all that much), saying Nicki Minaj had a horrible verse on Monster shows a disconnect with reality in my book.

She killed that ****, and your the first person to suggest anything to the contrary. Most rappers would be thrilled to hold their own on a track with Jay, she stole the show.

Advertisement