Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭floggg

Eminem murdered Jay-Z on his own song!

Matter of opinion.

I don't think you can say murdered on any event, even if Em had a better verse, Jay still brought it.

They have different styles and content, and that song and subject matter was always going to favour Eminem.

Jay doesn't do angry manic martyr, he does laid back and calculated.

I don't think there was much in it, but I think Em's passionate delivery gave his verse more impact than the lyrics alone might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭floggg

TheBza wrote: »
    and Nas's illmatic is better than anything eminem ever wrote.

edit: better than anything any rappers ever wrote.

Raw Kass wrote better with Soul on Ice.

Nas rapped over better beats - though Ras Kass' were rumoured to be better than illmatic until priority ****ed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I loved his last album recovery. best album since eminem show imo.

his still the best rapper out there IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Is this album actually definitely happening? Didn't see a proper source/quote

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

frankled wrote: »
    Is this album actually definitely happening? Didn't see a proper source/quote
    his manager confirmed it last week
    Eminem's New Album Set For Release This Year

Shady Records' boss says US rapper will release new material in 2013...

16:52, Saturday, 9 February 2013
    According to Eminem's label Shady Records, the US rapper will be releasing his long overdue album later this year.
    Speaking to Billboard, Paul Rosenberg the label's president revealed: "We fully expect to be releasing a new Eminem album in 2013. He's been working on it for some time. It's safe to say that it will be post-Memorial Day at some point, but we’re not exactly sure when."
    The yet untitled album will be the rapper's eighth studio album and will be his first release since his 2011 EP Hell: The Sequel under his Bad Meets Evil project with Royce da 5'9".
    Rosenberg also confirmed that there would be tour dates: "We've got some dates locked in for him to perform live in Europe in August, so we're trying to see what else lines up."

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/eminem/375065-eminems-new-album-released-2013-says-record-label

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

MD1990 wrote: »
    his manager confirmed it last week

Cool, thanks

Personally,I enjoyed relapse.
    It wasn't his best but still enjoyed it.

Agreed. I've had it playing in the car for the past few weeks.

Eminem talking about his drug addiction

new song off the album
    not good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Sounds good, from what I can hear over the explosions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mattklis

You can download the radio rip Eminem - Survival

CDQ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This better be good if he's naming it that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

See a new pic on his FB, he has got the blonde hair back for this one, sh!t just got real.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

1237345_10151581790470079_775540217_o.png

GUESS WHO'S BACK

BACK AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Da Fuq?? Beastie Boys anyone?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sounds like Rick Rubin has had a massive influence so far.

And Eminem, please stop singing. Thank you. Please.

PS - Please stop singing please.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

+1 Boom. He can sing the odd hook but I don't like the girly RnB singing and the guests he brings in to sing. Matter of fact, there is way too much RnB singing in hooks in Rap these days. I get it's more commercial but like WC said "I will not turn R-A-P into R-N-B.

Now....off to Spotify for some MMLP!

• Advertisement

eminem_new_album_650.png

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

let's be honest, new eminem is fairly boring. his new songs are poppy, mainstream rap and it's difficult to argue that he's not p!ssing all over his legacy. the fact that this new album is called the marshall mathers lp 2 could well be the worst thing he's ever done as the expectations are so high, it'd be near impossible to meet them, especially with the type of guff he's been putting out recently.

BUT, it's eminem, it's the marshall mathers lp, he's fcuking blonde again! i cannot wait for this one, regardless of everything, and am really looking forward to hearing his new song tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

This is massive calling the album MMLP2. He has the right man in Rick Rubin to help him though.

I said I had no interest in what Eminem was going to be putting out. That has changed, significantly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've merged the 2 MMLP2 threads so we can keep all discussion under the same roof.

Dre and Rick Rubin are exec producers from what I have read. That is quite the team to have given that thier last 2 projects as exec producers have been great sonically(GKMC & Yeezus).

I've said it on the last few Em releases, and I'll say it again, I hope that he regains his form for MMLP2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Gah MCHG really made me cynical about this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

That new snippet sounds like the best thing he's done in a while tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

still shocked at this, MMLP part 2? haven't been hyped for anyhting Em related in years, but that is incredible news :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Amazing op you predicated this in January :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Wouldn't get too carried away by the name.. Didn't snoop bring out doggy style 2 in attempt to remake a modern classic and fail miserably?

Jay z got it right with bp2 and then horribly wrong with bp3... The only person to hit the nail on the head for me was dre with the chronic and chronic 2001 but I'm pretty sure he'd fail in another attempt going by his most recent stuff.

Em was in his prime during the mmlp same with jay with bp2. When jay z brought out the bp3 he was well past it , I think a sober eminem should take note and leave the mmlp legacy well alone.

Still buzzing for it though as any new eminem album.

Advertisement