Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I haven't really got much of an opinion on Bezerk, other than echoing Boom_Bap's statement that Em needs to stop trying to sing!

I do have hopes for this album, if Em can find the kind of form he's showed on his freestyles in the last 4 years then it should be his best project since The Eminem Show

One thing though, I wish he would get Alchemist all over this album; he's Em's DJ, bar Deja-Vu, his Microphone freestyle is the best thing he's done in years, and everything Alc is touching is turning to gold, music quality wise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

i wish he would get timbo on this album ;)

hehe na i dont think timbo's beats suite eminem. Maybe tim could do one or two tracks but thats about it.
    Mind you one of my favourite Eminem songs is the one that has missy and enimen on it calleD busta ryme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqhLJQXzHw

umm maybe tim could produce his album :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

what's are people's opinions on Kanye's singing? I'm not being smart but at least eminem doesn't abuse autotune, some people getting on about em's singing are the same people praising Kanyes terrible attempts at singing.

He might of used a bit of autotune on bezerk but ems being singing a while now .. Lose yourself or sing for the moment etc and their great tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

what's are people's opinions on Kanye's singing? I'm not being smart but at least eminem doesn't abuse autotune, some people getting on about em's singing are the same people praising Kanyes terrible attempts at singing.

He might of used a bit of autotune on bezerk but ems being singing a while now .. Lose yourself or sing for the moment etc and their great tracks.

Kanye doesn't abuse it though imo. He uses it as an instrument, for lack of better terming. He doesn't use auto tune to make himself sound better when he's singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Kanye can sing pretty well without autotune, he has a decent voice, Spaceship, Last Call, Hey Mama, are all songs he sings pretty well on, and that's before he even started using autotune! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Eminem needs to get back working with the Bass Bros.
    won't happen though because they sued Interscope

MD1990 wrote: »
    Eminem needs to get back working with the Bass Bros.
    won't happen though because they sued Interscope

This.

His finest work was produced by them, I prefer pretty much all the songs they produced over the ones dre produced or ones he produced himself

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I dont mind Kanye singing, he's more of an all round artist rather than a rapper.

Eminem is a rappers rapper, and should be just rapping....not singing, not producing, not managing (yet anyways). He should focus on his rapping rather than his brand. It's his best asset whereas Kanye is more diverse in what he can do.

Thats fair your big fans of kanye, I personally think kanye sounds terrible trying to sing and there's so many examples of it of late like recent blood on the leaves where he's just what i can describe best as howling on the track, plenty more examples on mbdtf and an album full of it on 808's.

i think the vast majority of people with a neutral enough stance on kanye like myself find listening to kanye trying to sing as painful very very painful he hasnt a note in his head and lately has got into the habit of ruining his own songs with trying to sing imho.

He should of let the autotune rubbish behind him after 808's. I honestly think eminem has plenty of examples that he can sing and sound well on a track, he doesnt use auto tune at all really so i dont get the big fuss here about it.:confused:

as an example eminem on this track does a very good job, i honestly think he's good when he sings. kanye could never hit a note and hold the melody like eminem does on sing for the moment thats why he more than likely uses autotune on the regular imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

kanye could never hit a note and hold the melody like eminem does on sing for the moment thats why he more than likely uses autotune on the regular imo.

ermmm.... that's not eminem singing, that's a sample of the song "dream on" by aerosmith i think

• Advertisement

good singing from Eminem in this song from the MMLP

Thats fair your big fans of kanye, I personally think kanye sounds terrible trying to sing and there's so many examples of it of late like recent blood on the leaves where he's just what i can describe best as howling on the track, plenty more examples on mbdtf and an album full of it on 808's.

i think the vast majority of people with a neutral enough stance on kanye like myself find listening to kanye trying to sing as painful very very painful he hasnt a note in his head and lately has got into the habit of ruining his own songs with trying to sing imho.

He should of let the autotune rubbish behind him after 808's. I honestly think eminem has plenty of examples that he can sing and sound well on a track, he doesnt use auto tune at all really so i dont get the big fuss here about it.:confused:

as an example eminem on this track does a very good job, i honestly think he's good when he sings. kanye could never hit a note and hold the melody like eminem does on sing for the moment thats why he more than likely uses autotune on the regular imo.

You're just bringing back the auto tune bit though, listen to kanye singing without auto tune, it's fine, it's not something that'd stop me from listening to one of his tracks at all. I'm a pretty big kanye fan, always have been since I was a younglad but I don't tolerate his auto tune songs, I can't stand the shít, but when he sings without it he does it quite well.

Eminem is an awful singer, he can't sing and he knows it himself and in fact mentions it in a couple of songs, it's beyond me why he tries to sing with or without auto tune. And I'm pretty certain that's steve tyler on the hook from sing for the moment because thats an aerosmith song

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

ermmm.... that's not eminem singing, that's a sample of the song "dream on" by aerosmith i think

Haha brilliant.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    You're just bringing back the auto tune bit though, listen to kanye singing without auto tune, it's fine, it's not something that'd stop me from listening to one of his tracks at all. I'm a pretty big kanye fan, always have been since I was a younglad but I don't tolerate his auto tune songs, I can't stand the shít, but when he sings without it he does it quite well.

Eminem is an awful singer, he can't sing and he knows it himself and in fact mentions it in a couple of songs, it's beyond me why he tries to sing with or without auto tune. And I'm pretty certain that's steve tyler on the hook from sing for the moment because thats an aerosmith song
    kanye is a good singer:confused:
    i don't remember him ever singing well
    even though i don't mind his autotune songs

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Kanye's not a bad singer, very average but it adds to his music

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Doris300 wrote: »
    Kanye's not a bad singer, very average but it adds to his music
    Not the greatest singer, but used well when it is used. As mentioned earlier, Kanye is an all rounder, he looks at everything, knows how to use his tools and create a polished finished product.
    Em is a rapper who should be focusing on rapping and making sure that they suit the beats he is using. Leave the singing along, and the production too. He needs the help of others to do these things as they are not his forte.

@mufcboy - I am a massive Em fan, I think that he is the best rapper out there when he gets going.
    If you only knew the trouble that I had many moons ago on a dial up internet connection to try download 1 song, this is pre Aftermath/Dre when he had very little out there, just some freestyles and a couple of tracks.....come to think of it, Infinite must have been around as well but never came across it.

guess you lean something new every day, didnt know that at all.

There's a lot of kanye fans floating around here so i didnt expect anyone to agree with me but i honestly think he's a terrible singer, like he really tries to hit the notes and hes just not capable of it at all imho.

All im really saying is that I just dont know how anyone can knock eminem and defend kanye for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Just want to point out that it's the Marshall Mathers LP 2, not the Slim Shady LP 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

For those who haven't seen it......

http://youtu.be/YPPxvO8qRGo

For those who haven't seen it......

http://youtu.be/YPPxvO8qRGo
    since being sober
    Eminem finds it very hard to do interviews as he no longer has drugs to settle his nerves

• Advertisement

since being sober
    Eminem finds it very hard to do interviews as he no longer has drugs to settle his nerves

I think you'll find he was acting..taking the piss...attempting to return the 'Slim Shady' character. But yeah at the end was kinda awkward/corny.

Nothing that awkward about it.

I see Kendrick is in the Berzerk video, fittingly:D

Berzerk video

Illuminati-esque profile picture....

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Berzerk video

Skip to 0.50 of the video, there's a brief clip of two muppets fighting in Dublin from below video :pac:

Skip to 0.50 of the video, there's a brief clip of two muppets fighting in Dublin from below video :pac:

Noticed that too :D:D Unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Berzerk is fckin terrible imo. I'm not a huge rap fan but his first 3 albums were >>>>>>>>>>>> than anything else hes ever done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ye new song is pants, half of it I wouldn't even call rapping, he should have called it a day after the eminem show.

Strange thing is when he releases mixed tapes etc he is a genius, but just can't seem to get it right with the proper stuff.

• Advertisement

Berzerk is growing on me, the more I hear, the more I like, but I think I'm just blocking out the things I dont like in it.
    Put it this way, it's gotten me a little excited about an Em album, which I havent had in a long time.

Advertisement