Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Application Questions. Please help!

Options
  • 12-01-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Well lads, A friend of mine is thinking of traveling to Canada and doesnt have much of an idea how to apply for his visa. I have found out for him about needing garda clearance etc.

Basically Im looking to find out for him:

How to apply to the IEC for a visa?

Do the forms become available from a certain date?

What are the chances of obtaining a 24month visa and would the application want to be in early?

Doe the visa become active the day you enter the country?

When you get the visa, how long do you have before is has to be activated? a year?

Would he be better off going through an agent like USIT for example?

I understand these are basic questions and ive already done some fishing around but cant find the answer to these. PAny help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

All the answers are available on this forum Bud read through previous threads and you will find the answer to everyone of them questions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d start with reading that all the information will be on there. New procedure this year by all accounts so its new for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d start with reading that all the information will be on there. New procedure this year by all accounts so its new for everyone

Thank you I have read the site. When to application forms become available? Or are they available?

Also He has Applied for a garda character certificate which basically proves he's never been in trouble with the law. Would this be suffice??

Hope some can help..

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

evan2509 wrote: »
    Thank you I have read the site. When to application forms become available? Or are they available?

Also He has Applied for a garda character certificate which basically proves he's never been in trouble with the law. Would this be suffice??

Hope some can help..

They haven’t given a specific opening date yet, but given all the site activity over the last week I imagine it’s imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

archicraft wrote: »

They haven’t given a specific opening date yet, but given all the site activity over the last week I imagine it’s imminent.

Thanks man. And one more question, My friend needs police clearance from Australia which may take a couple of weeks. How long generally does the application system stay open? And also, do the vacant positions run out quickly? Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement