Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Comic Con 2013 info thread

• 12-01-2013 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just want to announce that we will be holding the 1st ever Limerick Comic 28th of april in the Kilmurray lodge has been confirmed today , So if any needs more info or anything don't hesitate to contact myself or e-mail Limerickcon2013@hotmail.co.uk we'd love to hear from people who would like to come down and set up trade stands and what have you too no question will go unanswered and most importantly would love to see all of you there !!!! also at the moment we're currently sourcing out guest and we'd love to hear some suggestions on who to go for we have a few in the pipeline at the moment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

My nerdcentre just fluttered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have FB or twitter accounts that we can attach ourselves to for updates and the like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Now this is exciting, really looking forward to it. Agree there needs too be a facebook page or twitter feed, it'll help with advertising the event as well as keeping people informed.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Are we talking earnest young men with stacks of comic books in plastic, or women in hot pants with vague superhero influences?

If we are choosing, I choose option B. :)

I'm going in a costume even if no one else is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm going in a costume even if no one else is :D

So am I , I going as a middle aged man with three grown up kids . I am sure I can find something in my wardrobe .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

jonski wrote: »
    So am I , I going as a middle aged man with three grown up kids . I am sure I can find something in my wardrobe .

Dad???? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://twitter.com/LimerickCon2013 twitter page just set up and we have a Facebook account too http://www.facebook.com/#!/limerick.atomicon.9 , if its just updates you're looking for thats where you'll get them anyone looking for trade tables or anything we'd like to use the email if thats ok :)

and guys the more busty superhero's we get the better but i suppose the middle age spidermen and wolverines will work too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Any way that you could make it a page you like rather than a friend you add please :)

Yeah thought about that alright , Like a group page you want is it or a fanpage ? I'm not too clued in on Facebook lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Will there be anime/manga stuff too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Ooh, nice to hear. I don't follow comics too much but I'll drop in and see if anything catches my eye.

Well at the moment anything is possible so nothing is going to be confirmed we're just gonna try and have as many traders/guests there as possible, I'm sure theres going to be cosplay and such there too , If you had some ideas regarding Anime/manga get in touch with our e-mail as i said above we're open to most ideas brianregan09@hotmail.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Well at the moment anything is possible so nothing is going to be confirmed we're just gonna try and have as many traders/guests there as possible, I'm sure theres going to be cosplay and such there too , If you had some ideas regarding Anime/manga get in touch with our e-mail as i said above we're open to most ideas brianregan09@hotmail.co.uk

Think you should try and get someone like Kaley Cuoco she is always at ComicCon:D

Or failing that, this one will do:p
    236728.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Yeah thought about that alright , Like a group page you want is it or a fanpage ? I'm not too clued in on Facebook lol

Yep a fanpage would be great :) People would be able to share it with their friends then too. Small comp to like and share the page would be a good idea as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Any updates on whats happening with the convention?

Will have updates soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Imbatman

Due to unforseen circumstances beyond our control limerick comic convention in the kilmurry lodge hotel on the 28th of April has had to be postponed...we regret this deeply and all guests and dealers will be contacted over the next day or two. .the team of myself,Brian,Peter and William wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.thank you to all the people who have emailed us showing their support and we will get this back on track as soon as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Imbatman wrote: »
    Due to unforseen circumstances beyond our control limerick comic convention in the kilmurry lodge hotel on the 28th of April has had to be postponed...we regret this deeply and all guests and dealers will be contacted over the next day or two. .the team of myself,Brian,Peter and William wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.thank you to all the people who have emailed us showing their support and we will get this back on track as soon as possible.

genuinely gutted

FutureGuy wrote: »

genuinely gutted

That's a few of us in the same boat,we had put a lot of time into this but the response is huge so it will get back on track in the near future.there is a few meeting in flannerys across from smyths on Monday at 2 just to talk comics,movies,toys,nerdy stuff,anyone interested please come along,or log onto Facebook and look for collectors assemble and apply to join its a good page covering all pop culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Imbatman wrote: »
    Due to unforseen circumstances beyond our control limerick comic convention in the kilmurry lodge hotel on the 28th of April has had to be postponed
    I assume that means you're taking more time to organize things, not sure how long ye've been working on the con before January, but if it is the case it'll be a better event in the end.

Sera wrote: »
    I assume that means you're taking more time to organize things, not sure how long ye've been working on the con before January, but if it is the case it'll be a better event in the end.

reasons i cant go into we had to postpone until a future date yet to be confirmed,but when we started announcing the event was postponed we recieved so many offers of help it was great to witness,hopefully when timing suits everyone better we can get the ball rolling again and get the guests and traders back once more.hoping to see a few people next monday to say hello,6 going so far so its a good way to get things moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

ah pity now!! was really looking forward to it!!! hopefully be back nd running soon

Aww that sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

That's a shame, was looking forward to it.

Advertisement