Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IM Lanzarote 70.3

Options
  • 13-01-2013 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Thinking of it, any feedback ?

I know the area where its held a i've been to Lanza many times.........the hill out of La Sana, oh yippee ! Looks like its a little earlier this year in Oct ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Brutal hilly from what i hear. Thinking of heading to austria myself sept 1...zell am see 70.3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Thinking of it, any feedback ?

I know the area where its held a i've been to Lanza many times.........the hill out of La Sana, oh yippee ! Looks like its a little earlier this year in Oct ?

You're hoping that you will be able to get back on a bike & run by then!! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Know a few guys who did it, they said the bike was very tough, with wind a big factor. The descents are fast and technical too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Brutal hilly from what i hear. Thinking of heading to austria myself sept 1...zell am see 70.3

I'm a bit busy the week leading up to Sept 1..............;)

A little matter of 42.2+ km a day for 5 days:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I have done the half and full course this week and ran most of the IM run route. Its a tough bike route coupled that the wind is bloody tough out here, no such thing as an easy bike or run out here. Bloody tough!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Two friends of mine did it this year. Windy is the word they used...........60kph on the flat with the wind at your back........20kph on the descents with the wind in your face. Tough!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thinking im heading for this. Gona have to lose a shed load of weight this year and at least id have the full summer to get ready. Only getting into things from next week so the timing of this seems good as ive a long road ahead to achieve what i want from this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 culturedkevin

Looks absolutely horrific. Where do I sign up? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Ah lads stop I'm half tempted myself too!!

Either that for a late season race or get an early one in next year like Abu Dhabi.
    See how JB gets on he may want to go back too.

Off season silliness wanting to do every race please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

IIRC, the swim was a bit of a mess last year with the PROs getting held up whilst lapping AGers on the second lap. I wonder will they change the format.

A few club mates did it last year and found it horrid windy - worse than normal

• Advertisement

I believe Pros started just ahead of a mass start. I hope they keep the mass start going as it feels more like a race then. Im not a fan of TT races where you havent a notion where you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Fazz wrote: »
    See how JB gets on he may want to go back too.

I would be tempted in doing the half alright however i will never be tempted doing the full.....ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I was quite tempted after binning the full in May, I don't think it would make a great honeymoon tho

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I wanted to do this in 2012 but in hindsight Im glad I didnt. Would consider it this year if the shillings and the brownie points allowed. (Though I am out of both at the moment).

Registered for this earlier today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

My brownie points are all used up so its a no for me:(

I think i'll do Swinford in July and i'm think of doing an indoor full iron distance in Dec for charity

Advertisement