Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Helen's NS portmarnock (plus crèche)

Options
  • 13-01-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

We're considering relocating to portmarnock and the property is in the catchment for St Helen's NS which our wee man would be attending in 2016.

Can't find any opinions on the school online other than a story in the Indo saying that dept officials had instructed the school to make its lessons more challenging.

Can anyone here advise? Have you kids there or have you heard any stories? (Good or bad).

Also, any advice on crèches would also be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mel703

I don't know anything about creche's in the area but I know the school well and I would highly recommend it, excellent standard of teachers and a really proactive lovely Principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Try Links for creche they also do after school collection around portmarnock if you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks folks.

This is reassuring to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Yeah both National schools in Portmarnock have an excellent reputation. Links is an excellent creche, however we moved to the Nest (in the village) and found them better, cheaper and more flexible. There is also a creche in the Kilns opp the train station

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Have 2 in there and a third will be going in a few years - would have no problem recommending the school

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Corindabhoy

Hi

What are number like in each class

Ill be returning to Ireland in Jan and want to put my kid in a school in Portmarnock.Im concerned that the classes might be full

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

I'd ignore anything the Independent group of newspapers has to say on education given their anti-public sector agenda by and large, but in fairness St. Helen's has an deserved excellent reputation.

Advertisement