Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windy baby

Options
  • 13-01-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

My 7week old is very unsettled at the mo esp when feeding. I have him on Avent bottles, no 2 teats, and cow and gate no 1. For the first 50mls it's like the fluid is just hitting his stomach ( we can hear it) and he is also very windy. I changed him to no 2 teats as he was falling asleep during feeds.

I was thinking of changing him to cow and gate comfort or else changing bottles/teats. Any advice appreciated!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Dr browne bottles can't be beaten IMHO for helping with wind.

Would no 2 teats not be very fast for such a small baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

luppy wrote: »
    My 7week old is very unsettled at the mo esp when feeding. I have him on Avent bottles, no 2 teats, and cow and gate no 1. For the first 50mls it's like the fluid is just hitting his stomach ( we can hear it) and he is also very windy. I changed him to no 2 teats as he was falling asleep during feeds.

I was thinking of changing him to cow and gate comfort or else changing bottles/teats. Any advice appreciated!!
    Maybe the teats are too fast for him? I only changed to number two teats probably at about 3.5months I think.
    Is he getting all his wind up?I found a few little mouthfuls of cooled boiled water maybe half way through the bottle worked great and helped get it up. but every baby is different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stevosjc

I would agree with CaraMay. Dr Browns bottles are the way to go. I was using Avent on my little boy and he had terrible wind. Changed to Dr Browns with level 2 teats and the improvement is amazing. I got them in smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Thanks for all the advice....something has to change...the last few nights have been horrendous....and himself isn't a whole load of help :rolleyes:!!

I'm off to smyths to get those bottles !! Thanks again !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Have you tried gripe water? Think size 1 are up to 6 months but you may need a size 2 if you use comfort formula - you can contact the customer service team in either dr Browne or the formula maker to know for sure.

If he continues to be uncomfortable have him checked for lactose intolerance.

Give him small feeds but often and put him over your shoulder to gently wind him.

Keep your eye out for reflux as we thought my lad had colic but it was reflux.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Talk to your PHN ,they can be a great help .
    We switched from Avent bottles to tommee tippee anti colic and anti colic + on the 1st and they are brilliant .

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Infacol helped for getting up the wind for our fella and the comfort feed made a big difference too.

Advertisement