Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Mad_Lad Madness. Prius V S3 on Gas

13»

Comments

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    I'd be reluctant to do too much prícking around with things like that though unless I was seriously confident in the guy doing the work!

There's a 286bhp limit for V8's, so an E39 540i might be the way to go!

Yeah the BMW is nice alright, pity they are not turbo as they are easier to tune.

But 3.0L and 1200 ? a year tax is beyond what I would pay, it's a shame the Government have completely killed the 2nd hand market for these beautiful cars, what I would save on LPG I'd spend on tax.

700 Euro's and 710 a year is the limit for me.

But there are some bargains on the BMW's for sure on carzone, but you would want to make sure there is a complete history as clocking German cars is big business.

Well the benefits are wiped out really if you need petrol. Even if it's for over 150 hp you are still spending more than you need to.

Maybe there is a more expensive kit for more power ?

You'll still need petrol for starting up so switching to petrol for the moments you need more than 150 might be cost effective depending on what your driving style is. Some systems can even run on combined gas and petrol at high load as opposed to switching completely to petrol.

Fitting a V8 kit in a high output 4-cyl should be possible. Bit like the dual petrol injectors for example in Sierra Cosworth RS500.

samih wrote: »
    You'll still need petrol for starting up so switching to petrol for the moments you need more than 150 might be cost effective depending on what your driving style is. Some systems can even run on combined gas and petrol at high load as opposed to switching completely to petrol.

Fitting a V8 kit in a high output 4-cyl should be possible. Bit like the dual petrol injectors for example in Sierra Cosworth RS500.

Hmmmm I think if I had 300 horses under me I would need petrol a lot more than I'd like ! :D

Advertisement