Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you wearing to your Graduation night and when is your graduation?

• 13-01-2013 1:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

So what are you guys and girls wearing also can your parents come to the graduation night? And when is your Graduation mine is on 23rd May and wearing a tuxedo although I think everyone is the same right?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A tuxedo might be a bit excessive - is that what people wear in your school?
    Most schools go for smart/casual at graduation and formal at debs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

spurious wrote: »

Well thats what the 6th year last year done. However I looked at this school for example and they were the same http://www.stconlethscc.ie/index.php?page=leaving-cert-graduation

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

spurious wrote: »

+1

In my school, graduation is usually jeans/chinos and a shirt or what have you.
    Of course everywhere is different so I suppose it depends on the convention in your school. I'd suggest having a creep on someone who graduated last years Facebook photos to get an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

We've to wear our uniform as far as I know!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

fontdor wrote: »
    Well thats what the 6th year last year done. However I looked at this school for example and they were the same http://www.stconlethscc.ie/index.php?page=leaving-cert-graduation

That photo shows one guy in a tux and he looks a bit out of place.

I see a few of them are in the uniform too, which also does away with bother.

For the graduations I have attended in six different schools, smart/casual has been the way to go.

Check what people wore in your place last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

For my school anyway everyone just wears what kind of clothes they would normally wear going out, as in casual. Mine is also the 23rd of May.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Jade. wrote: »
    For my school anyway everyone just wears what kind of clothes they would normally wear going out, as in casual. Mine is also the 23rd of May.

Thank you for your response

Advertisement