Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Girlfriend's phone is not receiving my texts

• 13-01-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I am not sure if this is the right thread so move it to correct thread if needed.

almost all of my texts are not being received by her. I have sent the same message to other people and have even tried using a different phone but to no success. She has taken her sim out and waited before replacing it, reinstalled her sms app but to no success.

I'm using a HTC Desire S and she has a Sony Xperia Tipo and we are both on Meteor (I'm bill and she is pay as you go).

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

GangGreen3 wrote: »
    I am not sure if this is the right thread so move it to correct thread if needed.

almost all of my texts are not being received by her. I have sent the same message to other people and have even tried using a different phone but to no success. She has taken her sim out and waited before replacing it, reinstalled her sms app but to no success.

I'm using a HTC Desire S and she has a Sony Xperia Tipo and we are both on Meteor (I'm bill and she is pay as you go).

Thanks for any help!

Is she able to make or receive calls and texts from others?

It could be something as simple as a bad SIM, in which case she can get a replacement from Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GangGreen3

I believe she is able to receive texts from others. I was thinking that her SIM is bad because on several occasions i'll get her texts and half of the text will be clips from previous texts weeks ago.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I believe she is able to receive texts from others. I was thinking that her SIM is bad because on several occasions i'll get her texts and half of the text will be clips from previous texts weeks ago.
    Sounds like the sitcom virus :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Thanks for any help!

SIM issue. I had the same problem before. Whoever has the older SIM get them to change it and it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PMurph51

My ma had a similar issue with her Sony. She wasn't receiving texts either. Have your girlfriend restart her phone. Apparently it should be restarted once a day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ive been having the same issue for the last 2-3 months. Certain people are not able to text me at all, they can send as many as they like, i wont receive any of them, its not specific to a certain network either.

Then after a few weeks my phone will go mad and deliver 50+ messages in one go. Its very annoying, i asked eMobile what the problem was and they had no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Are you sure she hasnt broke up with you, and doesnt have the heart to tell you?

Serious answer: this can sometimes happen if you have authorized another app to send text messages, and have uninstalled that app eg. Viber, Whatsapp. I hope everything is rosy in the GangGreen household. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

My girlfriend has the exact same problem with the same phone. Quite often she won't get my texts or others and then a few hours later she'll get a flood of texts, regularly her texts to me will be jumbled in with texts I received off her weeks ago.
    Her ear piece speaker is also fecked, she always has to turn her loudspeaker on when she's talking to people.
    The phone is only 6 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GangGreen3

My girlfriend has the exact same problem with the same phone. Quite often she won't get my texts or others and then a few hours later she'll get a flood of texts, regularly her texts to me will be jumbled in with texts I received off her weeks ago.
    Her ear piece speaker is also fecked, she always has to turn her loudspeaker on when she's talking to people.
    The phone is only 6 months old.

I know it's not her phone because her previous phone did the exact same thing and it was a Nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does she have a large conversation with you, IE does she delete old messages? Mine doesnt and it seems to cause havok when the stack gets too large.

• Advertisement
Advertisement