Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laurent Garnier

Options
  • 13-01-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Playing a 4 hour set in Button Factory 9th Feb. Tickets €22.50. Never really listened to him before a couple of weeks ago but I hope he does this live!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

ive always found the thought of seeing Laurent Garnier was actually better than actually seeing him live.

he's never lived up to expectation, well, for me anyway. Always a bit "odd" and plinky plonky.

but €22.50 for a 4 hour set is cracking value for money, dare i say it, i may get my old, debt ridden arse out for this one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Laurent Garnier
    Special

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Like Digweed, his best days seem to be behind him.

I'd have been all over this a few years back. Now, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

anybody got a spare ticket for this gig? There's a group of us going & one of the lads missed out. PM me please if you can help. Dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

djhaxman wrote: »
    Like Digweed, his best days seem to be behind him.

I'd have been all over this a few years back. Now, meh.

couldn't disagree more. i thought what he did last year with L.B.S. was unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

couldn't disagree more. i thought what he did last year with L.B.S. was unreal

Fair enough. I've been listening to Garnier since the mid 90's and don't really like where he's gone with his music this last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sharker

If anybody has spare or unwanted tickets I will gladly take them off you..PM if interested:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

After I'm about 15 minutes into this and not really impressed so far...Seems a bit flat and lacking something.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

As far as I am aware this is him just DJing - no LBS, no live stuff whatsoever (except for effects or sample triggers) -he tends to stick to 2 or 3 turntables and doesn't go mental with add-on bits and bobs.

I love watching him DJ, it's defo better than the live stuff he was doing for that Eurockeynes set. The Unreasonable Behaviour live show was amazing but since then I've found the live stuff sub-par. I didn't see the LBS show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

unreal night, absolutely smashed it from about 12.30 to finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

unreal night, absolutely smashed it from about 12.30 to finish

Yep, thought he was brilliant! I wish I could remember more haha

Advertisement