Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Sample Answer Needed, HELP!!

• 13-01-2013 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

So im preparing all my geog sample answers now, but dont have anything for Human Interaction With the Rock Cycle.

Would someone please upload a pic of theirs or write theirs out please, i cant understand whats going on in the textbook at all , thanks !!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What is the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Lc201395 wrote: »
    So im preparing all my geog sample answers now, but dont have anything for Human Interaction With the Rock Cycle.

Would someone please upload a pic of theirs or write theirs out please, i cant understand whats going on in the textbook at all , thanks !!

The one we use is similar to this one: http://leavingcertnotes.blogspot.ie/2011/05/oilgas-exploitation-leaving-cert.html?m=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Any more summarised versions of the other options ? Like Tara lead an zinc mine

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Lc201395 wrote: »
    Any more summarised versions of the other options ? Like Tara lead an zinc mine

Ok to be honest, I haven't even done this part of the course yet (despite the mocks being in two weeks). But I'll let you know when we do it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I'd recommend a book called "Geography Skills" (I think), but the author is definitely Sue Honan. All the essays in there are brilliant, our teacher highly recommends them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

I'm just going to throw this into the discussion. Since the new Geography syllabus has been examined (2006), students have been learning off set essays for the exam. In the last couple of years, the papers have been becoming less predictable, with many of the "safe" choices of topics to learn off not being asked, or not applicable in the questions. I think this trend will continue. So yes, practice and practice writing essay questions. BUT when you study, study the full topic and learn to adapt your knowledge to different questions. If you can do this, you will be onto a winner.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but I have seen several of my students getting badly caught out by using this narrow approach in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

boogle wrote: »
    I'm just going to throw this into the discussion. Since the new Geography syllabus has been examined (2006), students have been learning off set essays for the exam. In the last couple of years, the papers have been becoming less predictable, with many of the "safe" choices of topics to learn off not being asked, or not applicable in the questions. I think this trend will continue. So yes, practice and practice writing essay questions. BUT when you study, study the full topic and learn to adapt your knowledge to different questions. If you can do this, you will be onto a winner.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but I have seen several of my students getting badly caught out by using this narrow approach in the last couple of years.

My teacher says the very same. Ringing off essays for a set question is a bad idea. I do recommend the Geography Skills, because it's a great way of understanding how to format and approach a question. Obviously, I would hope, that OP has topics covered :D

Advertisement