Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowlan Park Concert 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Autosport wrote: »
    Wont hear the radio as i'll be in work but i'm sure i'll find out here :D

I think we have already but I guess officially it will be confirmed. And dates/ticket sales as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Wont hear the radio as i'll be in work but i'm sure i'll find out here :D

I'm in lectures all day. Can someone post the minute they get the confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

If Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen get confirmed for Kilkenny I will lose my **** entirely. And my bank balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Accoring to a tweet poster from 2xm its springsteen, daft punk and radiohead. 28-30th.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Accoring to a tweet poster from 2xm its springsteen, daft punk and radiohead. 28-30th.

This one.

BB4pePMCYAAj49Y.jpg:large

I am going to have a wild guess here and say that it's pure nonsense. The dates would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I amn't a seasoned festival goer by any stretch but having one on a Monday and Tuesday would make no sense.

Also, Daft Punk aren't touring this year.

We'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out for sure though.

• Advertisement

This was mocked up as a joke by Event Media. It lists every band rumoured and then a few Kilkenny bands thrown in for good measure. It's completely gone out of control.

Even if you buy the line up, you just need to read the small print to see it's a joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

yeah daft punk... sure

Considering there not touring anywhere this year, im sure they would come play a city in ireland, over the biggest dance festival in the world, tomorrowland, which is on the same weekend as this thing.

yeah daft punk... sure

Considering there not touring anywhere this year, im sure they would come play a city in ireland, over the biggest dance festival in the world, tomorrowland, which is on the same weekend as this thing.

The reason this poster is everywhere is because people keep ignoring the people who keep saying that it's fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

That's funny.

I like that someone would take the time to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

http://www.wreckingballweekender.com/

just saw this

tickets on sale 7th Feb. 90standing 100seated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's Bruce twice, Saturday and Sunday, confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Going to need a credible source for this.

EDIT: http://www.thejournal.ie/bruce-springsteen-kilkenny-776730-Jan2013/

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Great job by the people that worked to get The Boss to Kilkenny, only down side is ticket prices are pretty steep

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/x4nxok?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_homeA_4_f3
    Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will end their European Wrecking Ball Tour with two performances in Nowlan Park, Kilkenny on Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 July 2013

The Wrecking Ball Weekender will kick off when doors open at 12.30pm each day. On Sat 27 July the full day's entertainment will include performances from Glen Hansard and Damien Dempsey. Sun 28 July the full day's entertainment will include performances from Imelda May and LAPD (featuring Liam O'Flynn, Andy Irvine, Paddy Glackin & Dónal Lunny). Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will then take to the stage both evenings.

Special buses and a `Wrecking Ball Weekender' train will be scheduled on both days to transport audiences from Dublin to Kilkenny, returning to Dublin later that evening.

Tickets priced E90 General Admission and E100 Seated go on sale Thursday 7 February at 09:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

90 quid? Might just listen to it from outside Lenihan's. Or go down to the river. (Ba-dum-tish!)

Absolutely mental that Bruce facking Springsteen is going to be playing two dates in Kilkenny.

BBQ out the back garden. Hells yea.

The last time Dylan played you could hear it in the Sycamores, beautiful day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

90 quid? Might just listen to it from outside Lenihan's. Or go down to the river. (Ba-dum-tish!)

Boom and, indeed, boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Can not wait and 90 euro isn't that steep for tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

90 euro isn't that steep for tickets :D

Given the standard / quality and length of the show Bruce puts on, I totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

€90 is not expensive for the life experience of standing in front of the boss for 3 1/2 hours. Welcome to the promised land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

yew_tree wrote: »
    €90 is not expensive for the life experience of standing in front of the boss for 3 1/2 hours. Welcome to the promised land

Chipowski,

Thought CODY was still THE BOSS, in dem parts of the "promised land" ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eim641

Does anyone know if there'll be pre-sale tickets available for Kilkenny supporters club members like there was for Munster supporters members for the Limerick gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

What's Nowlan Park like, honestly?I fear that after the Limerick gig Bruce will think the other venues will be as spick and span as Thomond!Please tell me its better than Pairc Ui Caoimhe??

ankaragucu wrote: »
    What's Nowlan Park like, honestly?I fear that after the Limerick gig Bruce will think the other venues will be as spick and span as Thomond!Please tell me its better than Pairc Ui Caoimhe??

Well if Bruce is as working class as he claims to be, he should like the rough around the edges look.

But yeah it's nicer than pairc ui caoimhe. A lot of effort gone into renovating the place the last few years. The the O'Loughlins end stand and the "new stand" are very nice. The old stand will be behind the stage, so it doesn't matter that it's a bit worn out.

ankaragucu wrote: »

Not as modern as Thomand Park but better than Cork. Nice and near the city centre too (Kilkenny is nice and compact anyhow). The eeven organisers will have it alll set up so well it'll be hard to tell the difference anyhow.

Are the tickets going on sale on-line?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ticketmaster.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

There's not much in the way of street lighting down there so if you do go, you'll be dancin' in the dark.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Nowlan park is also very close to the train station.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

It's ideal. As is Kilkenny in general for events, conferences and the like. Plus it has great hotel and conference facilities.
    An hour to the greater Dublin region and not much further to Cork with motorways, logical place for a concert like this :)

P.S. I dunno why that grumpy face is on this post and I can't remove it lol.

• Advertisement

Even better, it's really close to my house.

Advertisement