Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowlan Park Concert 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Having had a nightmare on Wednesday trying to grab Fleetwood Mac tickets through Ticketmaster (and many other disasters in the past) I didn't take any chances with Springsteen so I braved the early queue.

The word went out 5 hours before tickets went onsale that the people in the queue would be covered for tickets and that security made the wait worthwhile. The craic on Kieran Street was mighty, fair play to Supermacs for throwing out freed food and tea too. Everyone was in great spirits and there was a great buzz. It was a real thumbs up for the community spirit in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Bowlardo wrote: »
    apparently all the hotels are booked out.
    Would it be scummy of me to rent out my spare room for a small fee?:confused:

God knows who you might end up with in your house. No no...I'll be renting out spare rooms in my mother's house, a much safer option.

Or maybe just renting out spots on the grass in her back garden. Wake them up with the hose the next morning and have the place cleared by half 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Wake them up with the hose the next morning and have the place cleared by half 7.

Oxegen shtyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Prob beds in Carlow (it's the nearest decent town) those nights but that means no drink for someone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll throw a taxi sign on the roof of the car and i'll drive anyone to Carlow or wherever they want to go for a nice price :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Black and Amber Gambler

Great news to get Springsteen for Kilkenny - well done to all involved in the background to secure this - will be a great boost for the local economy and fingers crossed for some good weather at the end of July and the city should be hopping with excitement!!

Attached is a post from a Springsteen forum on the net which wasn't very complimentary about Kilkenny but then again with a haircut like that...:D:D!

Great news to get Springsteen for Kilkenny - well done to all involved in the background to secure this - will be a great boost for the local economy and fingers crossed for some good weather at the end of July and the city should be hopping with excitement!!

Attached is a post from a Springsteen forum on the net which wasn't very complimentary about Kilkenny but then again with a haircut like that...:D:D!

Saounds like they never left the Pale in their lives...bless. An hour and ten mins on a train, clearly a hardcore fan there!

Better still - he is listed as being located in "Leafy Cheshire" - obviously needs to come down out of his tree more often!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PurpleP

Threadhead wrote: »
    Having had a nightmare on Wednesday trying to grab Fleetwood Mac tickets through Ticketmaster (and many other disasters in the past) I didn't take any chances with Springsteen so I braved the early queue.

The word went out 5 hours before tickets went onsale that the people in the queue would be covered for tickets and that security made the wait worthwhile. The craic on Kieran Street was mighty, fair play to Supermacs for throwing out freed food and tea too. Everyone was in great spirits and there was a great buzz. It was a real thumbs up for the community spirit in Kilkenny.

Totally agree... Everyone was in great form despite the cold😳😳. When I saw Supermacs coming with tea, I could have kissed them..☺ðŸ˜!! And the cocktail sausages... Fair play to them.. !!

People of Kilkenny should be very proud, great community spirit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Nope it definitely isnt a bad idea im thinking of doing it myself, ill put the kids in the neighbours for both nights and ill charge huge money for both rooms. :D
    Ya gotta make a bit of Del boy money when the opportunity arises.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I wouldn't consider it scummy at all, you're allowed earn a few opportunistic quid here and there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I wouldn't think it would be scummy, just as long you weren't ripping people off by charging extortionate prices :)

Have tickets been sold out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

road_high wrote: »
    Have tickets been sold out yet?

Yes.
    Aiken Promotions ‏@aikenpromotions
    The @springsteen #WreckingBallWeekender coming to Kilkenny's #NowlanPark this July is now fully SOLD-OUT! See you all in July

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Sold out , but its been said that some bought up to 12 tickets at a time in outlets .

They must have large families .

Thought there was a limit per person?

For our Dublin friends, there are special buses and trains from the city that weekend and back after both concerts;
    http://www.wreckingballweekender.com/getting-nowlan-park.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Great crack in the Q.
    Lots of good music talks and connections made.

Looking for a bruce poster for the kilkenny gig if anyone wants to sell one.

nx6ab.jpg

Does anybody know how soon Ticketmaster send out the tickets for online purchases? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Does anybody know how soon Ticketmaster send out the tickets for online purchases? Thanks

52 seconds.

Are you doing the comedy support for the gig as I think there is a gap on the bill still?

• Advertisement

Typically they leave it until quite close to the gig as it discourages ticket touting.

Did u buy them to send to your home address or email? I got them to email mine and got them straight away :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Autosport wrote: »
    Did u buy them to send to your home address or email? I got them to email mine and got them straight away :-)

Yes print at home can be done straight away. Easier to have actual tickets though for if some reason you cant go and need to sell them on.

Autosport wrote: »

Wow I didn't realise that this was an option.

Thanks for the replies - mine are due to be sent to my home address, I didn't realise there was an option to have them e-mailed instead.

Yea its a option on ticketmaster now

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

My tickets arived today for the saturday gig,all i need now is somewere to stay. Any one know of anything going give us a shout. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

^ you're aswel off to go looking for some place aspa. Don't wait for someone on this. You'll be very lucky to find somewhere near, l was lucky got the last bed in a hostel, so many places full

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

^^^ This.

Get onto any friend, acquaintance or enemy you have in KK, there's nothing doing at this stage by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Saturday tickets arrived in post but not sunday. Anyone else the same?

Advertisement