Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowlan Park Concert 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pudders wrote: »
    Saturday tickets arrived in post but not sunday. Anyone else the same?

I'm over in Wales and the Saturday ones haven't come yet. Better not be lost in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Saturday ticket's arrived last Tuesday in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Pudders wrote: »
    Saturday tickets arrived in post but not sunday. Anyone else the same?

I got Sunday tickets in the post, mid last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Did anyone hear something like the delorentos and josh ritter or someone like that were added to the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Did anyone hear something like the delorentos and josh ritter or someone like that were added to the bill

ya this is great cant wait

http://www.wreckingballweekender.com/line-up.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

That would be good craic l'd say alrite...already booked into a hostel!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Someone who registered to promote camping in the hub obviously got their post removed (understandably) but does seem like another option for people looking for somewhere to stay, providing they aren't taking the p*ss with prices. So I will stick the link back up as I have no interest in the place, or the gig, hopefully its allowed and might prove useful to someone.

http://www.thehubkilkenny.ie/whats-on/139-hub-camp-bruce-springsteen-weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

That looks like it would be great craic, i'd nearly book into the "campsite" regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Someone who registered to promote camping in the hub obviously got their post removed (understandably) but does seem like another option for people looking for somewhere to stay, providing they aren't taking the p*ss with prices. So I will stick the link back up as I have no interest in the place, or the gig, hopefully its allowed and might prove useful to someone.

http://www.thehubkilkenny.ie/whats-on/139-hub-camp-bruce-springsteen-weekend

€100 per tent for one night. They are having a laugh aren't they.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

DerryRed wrote: »
    €100 per tent for one night. They are having a laugh aren't they.

Steep enough, although they will say they provide the tent, security, facilities park and ride, blah blah blah. I think 60 euro would have been just about justifiable (after all a standard tent pitch outside with no electricity will set you back 25 ish in campsites, tent not included.) They could have made a nice profit on the food/drink they sell to people stopping there but think they have pitched the price too high, and they might come unstuck because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Excitement building now that the boss has done his first Irish gig, looks great from clip of that young fella who celebrated his 12th birthday in style. Anyway, gang of about 10 of us doing the very long drive from Waterford , where would be a good place to have a few pints? Presume everywhere is gonna be mental busy but would be great to get to somewhere where we could actually have a few pints without too much overcrowding, maybe even a bit of grub and a seat. any suggestions? Long shot i know as i expect it to be extremely busy.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Excitement building now that the boss has done his first Irish gig, looks great from clip of that young fella who celebrated his 12th birthday in style. Anyway, gang of about 10 of us doing the very long drive from Waterford , where would be a good place to have a few pints? Presume everywhere is gonna be mental busy but would be great to get to somewhere where we could actually have a few pints without too much overcrowding, maybe even a bit of grub and a seat. any suggestions? Long shot i know as i expect it to be extremely busy.

The Bróg Maker. It's about a 10 minute walk from Nowlan Park, out the Castlecomer Road. The food is nice in there. Whether you'll get a seat is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Any tips on best place to park for Sunday nights gig? Will there be a park n ride or anything like that?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Max Powers wrote: »

Brogue is excellent idea but slightly away from the direction you're comiing. I'd scratch the option tbh - don't see too many options for food . Try Lenehans for a pint , comer road near ground

May have a pair of seated tickets for Sunday evening - genuine reason for selling - pm if interested face value

Mods , my apologies if you don't want this posted here - feel free to remove

Big Vern wrote: »
    Any tips on best place to park for Sunday nights gig? Will there be a park n ride or anything like that?
    Cheers

Where u coming from ?

Btr wrote: »
    Where u coming from ?

Coming from Wexford, heading back after gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Was in Thomond last night.Unreal!
    Doing Belfast and both Kilkenny shows.Can't wait.
    Every other performer, young or old must get VERY embarrassed when they see what Bruce does.

Coming from Wexford, heading back after gig.

Don't know about park n ride and wouldn't think it would be much help. Suggest staying on Bennetsbridge road and walking over ring road. A out 25 min walk but will get u out if worst of it

• Advertisement

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Was in Thomond last night.Unreal!
    Doing Belfast and both Kilkenny shows.Can't wait.
    Every other performer, young or old must get VERY embarrassed when they see what Bruce does.

Well done and know you enjoyed. I agree , I've seen him about 10 times and no one even comes close . Hard to believe he's 64 in September -.deal with the devil methinks . Broooooooooce !

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Don't know about park n ride and wouldn't think it would be much help. Suggest staying on Bennetsbridge road and walking over ring road. A out 25 min walk but will get u out if worst of it

Any parking suggestions for someone coming in from Dublin?

think you'll be funnelled into a certain direction and while ring road will bring to within metres of Nowlan Park, you're unlikely to be allowed park there.

Alternative is come to Kilkenny through Athy and Castlecomer and park on Castlecomer road near Newpark hotel. 15 min walk to Nowlan park

Thanks for that.
    Really looking forward to it now!

Thanks for that.
    Really looking forward to it now!

No prob- it will be special especially as there is no suggestion that there will be any more shows on this tour anywhere .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

There is a Park and Ride available from Cillin Hill on the Dublin rd, signposted for the last few weeks on the M9. Cant wait for the gigs myself now :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Park well away from it. Traffic will be backed up for miles I imagine, just like after any large hurling match the traffic jams could be an hour or more coming out from nolan park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

is the metropole hostel far from nowlan?

Park well away from it. Traffic will be backed up for miles I imagine, just like after any large hurling match the traffic jams could be an hour or more coming out from nolan park.

It shouldn't be that bad. A lot of the traffic will move quickly on the ring road and then onto the motorway. More will be too drunk to drive and others will be heading into town for a few more pints.

I can't imagine it'll be as bad as after a match. If it is there are a few different roads that you can use to get out of the city. You're not just confined to one main road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

is the metropole hostel far from nowlan?

nope

Advertisement