Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowlan Park Concert 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Bowlardo wrote: »
    nope

how far walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

is the metropole hostel far from nowlan?

About 15/20 minute walk depending on which entrance you're going for to the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

how far walk?

Prob about 10/15 min walk with the amount of people heading that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

is the metropole hostel far from nowlan?

across through dunnes car park and up john st ...10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Irish Rail will be operating a 23.30 service from Kilkenny to Waterford on both nights of the concert. Could be useful if people can't get a place to stay in Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Kilkenny Rugby Club, Clara GAA and Cillin Hill all offering Park & Ride services as well while Dicksboro GAA, Village GAA, James' Park and New Orchard will provide parking on the nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

Courtesy of Willie Meighan (

provisional) stage times next weekend

SATURDAY

2.15 JOSH RITTER
    3.30 DAMIEN DEMPSEY
    5.00 GLEN HANSARD
    7.00 BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

SUNDAY

2.15 DELORENTOS
    3.30 LAPD
    5.00 IMELDA MAY
    7.00 BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eim641

Came across a triple room advertised on done deal in Fanard house fri and sat night €60 per person per night says it was a cancelation. Up on done deal 8 hours so not sure if its still available. Might be of help to anyone stuck for somewhere to stay.

how far is the train station from nowlan?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Irish Rail will be operating a 23.30 service from Kilkenny to Waterford on both nights of the concert. Could be useful if people can't get a place to stay in Kilkenny.

do you know anything else bout trains going to kilkenny from waterford?

• Advertisement

Around the corner,. Few hundred yards / metres at most

do you know anything else bout trains going to kilkenny from waterford?

Just the regular service on Saturday with 7 trains and Sunday with 4 trains. Then that late night service. Its about 13.50 return booked online or got at station on day of travel but probably better to book online.

Here is the regular timetable
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/04-DublinWaterford1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Five minutes away

Just the regular service on Saturday with 7 trains and Sunday with 4 trains. Then that late night service. Its about 13.50 return booked online or got at station on day of travel but probably better to book online.

Here is the regular timetable
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/04-DublinWaterford1.pdf

cheers, lm travelling from kerry tho, nightmare trying to arrange travel!

cheers, lm travelling from kerry tho, nightmare trying to arrange travel!

I see you might be best looking at the Bus to Waterford and the train.

06.15 or 08.50 bus from Tralee to Waterford and then either the 13.05 or 14.50 train from Waterford to Kilkenny.

The 07.50 bus isn't an option as its due into Waterford at 12.55 however it can be often 10-15 late which would still mean waiting for the 14.50 train.

Going back you will probably be best getting the late night train back to Waterford if you don't have a place to stay in KK and get the bus back.

You could it by train but going back or to Kilkenny on Sunday wouldn't be possible as Waterford-Limerick J doesn't operate.

This is the bus timetable
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1364475859-040.pdf

I see you might be best looking at the Bus to Waterford and the train.

06.15 or 08.50 bus from Tralee to Waterford and then either the 13.05 or 14.50 train from Waterford to Kilkenny.

The 07.50 bus isn't an option as its due into Waterford at 12.55 however it can be often 10-15 late which would still mean waiting for the 14.50 train.

Going back you will probably be best getting the late night train back to Waterford if you don't have a place to stay in KK and get the bus back.

You could it by train but going back or to Kilkenny on Sunday wouldn't be possible as Waterford-Limerick J doesn't operate.

This is the bus timetable
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1364475859-040.pdf

thanks for the help...I looked into the bus alrite but what lm trying to avoid is the few hours wait in waterford, if l go in the bus or train l still have to wait for a few hours...l want to get to kilkenny asap...think l might just go on the train, more straight forward plus dont think l could manage 6+hrs on a bus :S

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Does anyone know what time the gates open at for the Saturday gig and what times the different supporting bands go on?Cant seem to find any details. Thanks

nootroc wrote: »
    Courtesy of Willie Meighan (

provisional) stage times next weekend

SATURDAY

2.15 JOSH RITTER
    3.30 DAMIEN DEMPSEY
    5.00 GLEN HANSARD
    7.00 BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

SUNDAY

2.15 DELORENTOS
    3.30 LAPD
    5.00 IMELDA MAY
    7.00 BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

Don't know opening times .

Thanks thats great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Anyone going from Waterford can get train leaving at 11am arriving Kilkenny at 11.33am returning 11.30pm for €14.50 return. Very good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Does anyone know what time the gates open at for the Saturday gig and what times the different supporting bands go on?Cant seem to find any details. Thanks

Gates open at 1.

thomasm wrote: »
    Anyone going from Waterford can get train leaving at 11am arriving Kilkenny at 11.33am returning 11.30pm for €14.50 return. Very good value

link? the only train l can find is 1.30

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

There is no 1:30.

There are trains leaving waterford at 11:00, 13:05 and 14:50. (Saturday)

Still space on the 23:30 return as well!

Trains on Sunday are 12:40 or 15:10. (9:05 might be a bit early).

CIE website and times as per post above. Booked it last night. Also it looks like they are charging you circa €14 each way but when you go to total it comes up with the price I gave which includes online reservation and credit card fee. They also try and charge €6 to book a seat on the first screen but its free seat choice on the next screen. Not the most straight forward booking site to be honest

CIE website and times as per post above. Booked it last night. Also it looks like they are charging you circa €14 each way but when you go to total it comes up with the price I gave which includes online reservation and credit card fee. They also try and charge €6 to book a seat on the first screen but its free seat choice on the next screen. Not the most straight forward booking site to be honest

cant get that my train comes in at 11.30, will just have to wait around

I've been trying to work out where our seats are for the gig and I'm confused. Different seating maps have the the blocks labelled differently.
    For example here
    http://www.piltown.kilkenny.gaa.ie/miscellaneous/stadium-seating-plans
    and here http://windgap.kilkenny.gaa.ie/useful-links
    the blocks run A-I from county to city end
    but on the ticket master site the blocks runs I-A from county to city as it does here on http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/news/read/id/805

I'm in block C which means depending on which map is right I'm either right beside the stage which was what I thought when I booked them or on the other end of stadium . Anyone shed some light on this.

There is no 1:30.

There are trains leaving waterford at 11:00, 13:05 and 14:50. (Saturday)

Still space on the 23:30 return as well!

Trains on Sunday are 12:40 or 15:10. (9:05 might be a bit early).

sorry meant 13.05, il be in kilkenny round 13.40

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I've been trying to work out where our seats are for the gig and I'm confused. Different seating maps have the the blocks labelled differently.
    For example here
    http://www.piltown.kilkenny.gaa.ie/miscellaneous/stadium-seating-plans
    and here http://windgap.kilkenny.gaa.ie/useful-links
    the blocks run A-I from county to city end
    but on the ticket master site the blocks runs I-A from county to city as it does here on http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/news/read/id/805

I'm in block C which means depending on which map is right I'm either right beside the stage which was what I thought when I booked them or on the other end of stadium . Anyone shed some light on this.

bit annyoed im in Block G of the Ardan De Gras Row AA so ill be in the very first row of the section if i looked correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I presume those with standing tickets can stand wherever they want on the pitch?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if you can go down onto the pitch for this concert if your ticket is seated? I know you could at previous concerts in Nowlan Park..I think it was at the Paul Simon gig we just went between the pitch and our seat for the entire day. Thanks.

Advertisement