Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco epc 2425

• 13-01-2013 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Ok so I have this router and I can connect wirelessly on my phone no problem. My laptop can search and find the network, I enter the upc password from bottom of the router and it still says "cannot join". Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Ok so I have this router and I can connect wirelessly on my phone no problem. My laptop can search and find the network, I enter the upc password from bottom of the router and it still says "cannot join". Any ideas?
    What os is on your laptop??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

That would help! It's a Sony vaio with the dreaded windows vista!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

That would help! It's a Sony vaio with the dreaded windows vista!
    Ah yes vista......the worst version of windows ever.

Unfortunately vista doesn't like WPA encryption which is what most WiFi networks are using these days and is more secure than WEP
    If you connect your laptop to the router with a cable and login in to the routers config page (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) you can change the wireless encryption to wep...be advised that its not the most secure encryption there is....so I'd advise you to change the wep security key while your at it.

Ok cool thanks I'm compleltly computer illiterate so how do I do that??

Also I'm prompted for a username and password, where do I find this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Also I'm prompted for a username and password, where do I find this?

Leave it blank.

Advertisement