Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A new hairstyle....

• 13-01-2013 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This might seem a little weird, but a new year,and for lots of reasons, I want to change. Mainly from within, but also from the out. I'm going to go for a different look/hair style this year. I've had it short for years.
    I did have it long years ago, but I'm 35, going on 36 now, so am not looking to reclaim my youth or anything. Or look like an eejit.

Now, I know posting a pic of a really good looking person won't make a difference, as what makes them look good is they are good looking not just their style.

My style would be slightly alternative/indie, so I'd be open for oddness, as I'm an odd person at heart. :)

Here's a pic of me currently. My bone structure and face would probably determine my style, so any advice would be great. I find it hard to get straight answers off any barbers I have been to:

Here are some styles I like. Obviously my examples include extremely good looking men, styled for the photos.

I'm not vain!! Just can't decide!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Oh I forgot, here are some pics of me, and what I roughly look like these days.

My hair would grow roughly like the third pic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ld go for pic 2, hate pic1 & pic3 looks too.....kinda trying too hard to look cool and young :S

Ha. That's gas. Chris Cornell is my man crush too. (pic 2)

Pic 3 is a cool style, but I suppose yer man makes it, and I'm too old for it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

seachto7 wrote: »
    I find it hard to get straight answers off any barbers

That's because barbers just do the short back and sides day in day out and throw a bit of wax in. So many sh1t haircuts where people say i want this haircut that some famous person has for €10 when the actual haircut probably cost 10 X that. If you want to get it styled book an appointment with a stylist at a salon and take it from there.

If i had to choose id go number 1, Chris Cornell looks like it was cut and styled by a barber.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I'd go for a slightly shorter version of no.1.
    No. 2 isn't too bad either but no.3 isnt nice at all IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I think you'd look great with long ish curly hair like the pics you posted. Think you look great in your own second picture though! Suits you

Cheers for the advice. Yeah, pic 1 would be easy to maintain. It's all well and good having a cool hair style, but you got to keep it styled ALL the time. I'm not really that kind of guy either!!!

I just need a change this year. In all ways, and longer hair will even do it...

but bar bringing in a pic on the phone, I don't even know where to start explaining it to most barbers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Cheers for the advice. Yeah, pic 1 would be easy to maintain. It's all well and good having a cool hair style, but you got to keep it styled ALL the time. I'm not really that kind of guy either!!!

I just need a change this year. In all ways, and longer hair will even do it...

but bar bringing in a pic on the phone, I don't even know where to start explaining it to most barbers...

Print out the first pic and bring it in and tell the barber you want it! That's what us ladies to anyway! And I saw a guy doing the same in my local barbers last year when I was sitting there waiting for my husband to get his hair cut! At least by bringing in the picture you will know for sure that you are getting what you want. After that cuts will be just maintenance to keep the style up so you won't have to bring in a picture after the first time! Go for it! (& go w/ pic no.1....funkiest, smartest).

Yup, that's what I'll do. The last time I brought in a pic, the barber told me the style wouldn't suit me, so gave me a completely different haircut! :/

Thanks for the advice guys. I wasn't posting up pics of myself to fish for compliments! But thanks for them anyways!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Thanks for the advice guys. I wasn't posting up pics of myself to fish for compliments! But thanks for them anyways!!

Sure...! :D

Advertisement