Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equestrian meet up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Highly doubt I'd make it :( Funding is at a low and we've been given a lot of work this semester for college (joys of college life :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Valentina wrote: »
    I haven't done xc in years and have done very little jumping recently too but I'm willing to give anything a go and I'm sure the horses they provide will be more than suitable. We can egg each other on anyway! :P

Ahh this is getting so exciting, I can't wait! :D

So glad this is kicking off, something to look forward to after my exams!! can we just make sure its not between 10-13 April (weekdays anyway so i dont think they run the rideouts) as I'll be away and I dont want to miss out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

So glad this is kicking off, something to look forward to after my exams!! can we just make sure its not between 10-13 April (weekdays anyway so i dont think they run the rideouts) as I'll be away and I dont want to miss out!!

Oh I just realised I tend to work every other weekend so I hope I can actually make it!

If we can arrange a date soon I should be able to get leave for it or arrange cover.

Not putting anyone under pressure to arrange things though, if I can't make it we'll just have to organise another one... :pac:

Valentina wrote: »
    Oh I just realised I tend to work every other weekend so I hope I can actually make it!

If we can arrange a date soon I should be able to get leave for it or arrange cover.

Not putting anyone under pressure to arrange things though, if I can't make it we'll just have to organise another one... :pac:

No sure the sooner we organise the more notice people have to sort it out! What about the weekend of the 2nd of April?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ilovemarmite

No sure the sooner we organise the more notice people have to sort it out! What about the weekend of the 2nd of April?

Good idea to decide on date soon, that would be Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th April? Would suit me perfectly.

Weekend before is Easter so some people might be busy or away but I can do Saturday 30th March (day before Easter Sunday) if others want that day.

• Advertisement

Good idea to decide on date soon, that would be Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th April? Would suit me perfectly.

Weekend before is Easter so some people might be busy or away but I can do Saturday 30th March (day before Easter Sunday) if others want that day.

I can do the Sat 30th March. I'm supposed to be working April 6th & 7th but might be able to get leave if I put in for it soon. I'm off the weekend April 13th & 14th if that suits others?

I think we need a poll for this one!

Yeah poll would be good, I am fairly flexible as don't work weekends but the earlier dates suit me best just cos have exams at end of April so will be studying a lot at later weekends but I can still do the mid April dates if the majority want it. (Any excuse to get away from the books!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

March 30th is Easter Saturday - I for one will be away

How about we choose between weekend 6th/7th and 13/14th April and see if Bel Air has availability?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Sorry guys work was a bit crazy today, ill call both places tomorrow to see about those dates put forward :)

• Advertisement

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Sorry guys work was a bit crazy today, ill call both places tomorrow to see about those dates put forward :)

Thanks Ah Yeah, so excited about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Hi guys,

I had a fall from my mare today and fractured a bone in my shoulder. She totally freaked out about a parked digger, then stood on some plastic on the ground and tried to escape by jumping a fence into the next field. She's fine but I'm a bit worse for wear.

I'll be in a sling for a while and not sure when I'll be able to ride again. Total bummer!

I should be fine by April though! I hope...

This is the first time I really hurt myself from a fall. Thank god it happened where I could get help easily.

Stay safe everyone! Never forget the unpredictability of our furry friends. The fight or flight urge is always there.

Sorry to hear that Heydeldel, hope you are feeling better soon! x

Heydeldel wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I had a fall from my mare today and fractured a bone in my shoulder. She totally freaked out about a parked digger, then stood on some plastic on the ground and tried to escape by jumping a fence into the next field. She's fine but I'm a bit worse for wear.

I'll be in a sling for a while and not sure when I'll be able to ride again. Total bummer!

This is the first time I really hurt myself from a fall. Thank god it happened where I could get help easily.

Stay safe everyone! Never forget the unpredictability of our furry friends. The fight or flight urge is always there.

You poor thing! Hope you get better soon, take it easy and rest well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Heydeldel wrote: »
    Hi guys,

You poor thing hope you get better soon. Its awful when something frightens them like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tegan

Hello Guys,
    If the other xr ride out dose not work defo check out athlone equestrain they have a nice xc course and i know they had a group of teens meet up there from youtube and by the looks of the kids vids on youtube it went well.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tegan

http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=FWQJIMkFUlg Not sure how to add links but heres the vid of there meet up ( The xc course looks alot better on a good day :P )

Sorry to hear Heydeldel, hope you are ok! Even if you can't come riding, maybe you could join us after for some food and drinks? We would still all love to meet you :)

I called Bel Air today and she said that the ride out is a combination of XC and forest ride, so as long as everyone is competent in canter, we will be fine!

I've given her the dates and she is going to come back to me with costings and availability!

That's great Ah Yeah

Looking forward to it

Hey all, the only date Bel Air have free is the 13th Saturday at 1.45pm - it's €70 for a 2 hour ride out.

How does this sound to everyone?

• Advertisement

Ah_Yeah, that's good for me.

That is fine with me too Ah Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Shoule be good for me too. Shoulder will have well healed by then I hope!:D

OK guys so Im going to book this for 6 provisionally - I have 4 definites so far, and Id hope marley and silverfox will be in there too! Can anyone else PM me if you want to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Unfortunately I can't commit to a date just yet, so I'll have to say I can't go this time. But if I'm about I'll try meet ye after for a drink and/or bite to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anastazia

Hi Guys,
    I would be interested to go too! Are you taking about March or April?

Thanks Ah Yeah, it is April Anastazia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Count me in:)

Oh no 13th of April Ill be in London! Might come along afterwards for food etc though as I think Im flying home early enough in the day so should make it along afterwards!!

• Advertisement

Thats a pity silverfox, would have been good to see you again, definitely come after for food if you can :)

Advertisement