Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equestrian meet up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Em, on second thoughts, not sure I should go. I'm having a small plate put in my shoulder on Friday. It'll take about 6 weeks to heal properly...

I might come watch though!

I really shouldn't risk going xcountry so soon after my shoulder healing.

I'll keep an eye on the thread though and might drive over and watch/meet a few boardies!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ilovemarmite

Heydeldel wrote: »
    Em, on second thoughts, not sure I should go. I'm having a small plate put in my shoulder on Friday. It'll take about 6 weeks to heal properly...

I might come watch though!

I really shouldn't risk going xcountry so soon after my shoulder healing.

I'll keep an eye on the thread though and might drive over and watch/meet a few boardies!

Ouch, hope the op goes well and you feel better soon, come for food and drinks, I think that is what silverfox is doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Really looking forward to this and hope anyone who can't make the ride will consider joining us for the afters?

I'm horseless at the moment while my mare recuperates so going to try get a few xc lessons in, don't want to make a spectacle of myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Valentina wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this and hope anyone who can't make the ride will consider joining us for the afters?

I'm horseless at the moment while my mare recuperates so going to try get a few xc lessons in, don't want to make a spectacle of myself :pac:

I might join you, text me or PM me when ypu are doing them!

Silverfox and heydeldel what a pity you guys wont make it but Im hoping this will be the first of many, so we should have plenty opportunities to meet again! Plus if you guys can make it to the afters that would be great :) and it looks like I may be seeing a bit more of silverfox soon in Brooke Lodge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

Hey guys,

Im quiet a newb to this group but would be really interested in this if I could join ye :)
    Can we get horses on the day or is it a bring your own deal?
    Im from Cork and living in citywest Dublin so dont have any horses or transport up here :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anastazia

Hi emma,
    I'm newish aswell and I hoping to join everyone on the meet up too! Everyone who is going will be riding a horse that is there ; )

Oh well that is good news for me!
    And it also looks like I can get a bus to Ashford from the city centre so if there is still space I will def be going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

really sorry everyone but will have to bow out of xc - have a show the next day & will be prepping madum for that! HOWEVER I should make it along after for a bit to eat

marley123 wrote: »
    really sorry everyone but will have to bow out of xc - have a show the next day & will be prepping madum for that! HOWEVER I should make it along after for a bit to eat

Me too and first time I am doing a show so really need my usual lesson that day but I'll try to come down for the food part :D

Sorry you two can't make it.

I'm still on for it if it's going ahead.

• Advertisement

Im still on for this :)

Valentina, Ah Yeah, I'm still on for going too!:)

Id still like to go also!
    I think I might go to it and head back to cork for a hunter trial the next day to show off any new skills I get there :)
    Has it been booked already?!

Hey All,

It's been booked April 13th at 1.45pm for 6 people! So far I have:

Ah_Yeah
    Valentina
    Anastazia
    emma-fly

So we can still take 2 more, and they did say that it could be increased to 10 if all riders were competent.

€70 for two hours!

Excellent! Great job Ah_Yeah.

Thanks Ah yeah,
    looking forward to meeting you guys!:)

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Hey All,

It's been booked April 13th at 1.45pm for 6 people! So far I have:

Ah_Yeah
    Valentina
    Anastazia
    emma-fly

So we can still take 2 more, and they did say that it could be increased to 10 if all riders were competent.

€70 for two hours!

Raging I'm too crocked to ride! Well done, that sounds like a great day out!

Less than 2 weeks to go. Anyone else getting scared now? :pac:

Valentina wrote: »
    Less than 2 weeks to go. Anyone else getting scared now? :pac:

Petrified :p

Does everybody have there gear(Boots, Back protector, Helmet etc) together for Saturday?
    Im frantically trying to get mine sent up from Cork cause I forgot to bring them with me the last week I was down :/

• Advertisement

Have a great time everyone, sorry can't be there, but next time hopefully!

Do we need to have a back protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I think wearing a back protector for cross country is pretty much mandatory everywhere. If you don't have one, you may be able to borrow one from the school, just check beforehand.

Hi all,

I won't be able to meet up afterwards. I still can't drive. My arms is weak as a kitten after 6 weeks being in a sling. Scary how quickly the muscles waste away.

Put up some pics if you can! Have a great time. Raging I'm missing out. Next time!

And yes wear a backprotector!!

Hi guys, sorry we wont meet u yet Heydeldel :(
    I'm going to borrow on from Bel Air, they said you could loan one!

I know the one I want to get some time though, the Airowear Outlyne Ladies back protector, it's supposed to fit really good:)

Hi guys,

Just got a call from Bel Air - they need final numbers, details and experience of each rider.

Can you all PM me your name, age, height, weight and experience please if you are coming, as soon as possible?

Thanks!

I think I have worn a back protector at most twice before but I got a loan of one for this as it said we had to on the website. I wish I just borrowed one instead of going through the hassle now :P

How is everyone getting there on Sunday? Im getting the bus from Dublin so im praying Ill be on time :)

Im getting excited about it now...

Hope you recover soon Heydeldel :(

Hey Guys,

I'll be driving from Sandyford - I can take up to 4 people so if anyone would like a drive rather than bus-ing it, I'm happy to take you! Just beware my car is an absolute piece of crap :)

Thanks for the PM Emma-Fly, if everyone else could PM me that would be great :)

I've just seen your message Ah_Yeah and have Pm'd you now.

I'm driving from Castleknock on Saturday if anyone is out my direction and wants a lift, just PM me :)

Ah I'm so excited about this!

• Advertisement

It's for Saturday the 13th, right?!

Advertisement