Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equestrian meet up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Whoops, yes Saturday, not Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anastazia

LOL, for some reason I had been thinking it was for Sunday up until a few days ago!:D

So, I'll all you see you guys tomorrow!
    One question, Are we to meet at 1:45pm or does it start at 1:45pm and we should meet there 15mins earlier?:)

I'm aiming to be there at 1.30pm :)

Yeah, I think I will too!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

If i make the bus on time Im hoping to be there the same time :) wish i could take up the offer of a spin with ye but im coming from the other side of the city! It will be worth it though :) if ye see someone near the riding centre dragging a back protector behind them you can presume its me! see ye all tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Have a fantastic day!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ilovemarmite

Have a great day everyone and take photos! You've got a nice day for it :)

Hi Guys,
    Don't know if you will get this message, but might be running 10mins late:)

Anastazia wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Don't know if you will get this message, but might be running 10mins late:)

Me too!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

have a great day! Take pics!!

I think I'm the first to arrive. It is bucketing down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

We're just finished up, it was great craic! All horses were brilliant, no riding school plods, all horses are really well schooled and love xc. As it was raining we steered clear of fields and did plenty of jump and canter work through the forests. They really take care of you, would highly recommend it!

Can't embed pictures but here we all are!

Sounds brilliant, glad you all had fun, I love the horse on the right, he is doing his 'I'm a lovely horse photo face' so sweet.

Next time I will definitely go, maybe we can organise one for the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Looks like ye had so much fun. Wish i could have been there. The picture looks fab.

We are actually hoping to make this a monthly thing if anyone else is up for it? We couldnt do the jumps in fields today as it was so wet, just the ones on trails (which were amazing), and they had hunter trials on recently which is making me itch to get out there on the course when the weather is fine.

We are also lookong to go to other places too :)

Have to say it was great craic, so glad I did it!

I haven't done anything like that in a long time and tbh I was a bit nervous but the woman that took us out and my horse took great care of me! Would love to make it a regular thing. And of course all the boardsies were fab!

I have a few photos, will upload them shortly.

emma-fly on Barney, Anastazia on Spirit, Ah_Yeah on Half-Pint and me on Rom

8645327651_19f92a2c1d_b.jpg

Half-Pint and Rom getting better acquainted

8646462624_07e6ee51bc_b.jpg

So guys will we go next week then!:DLOL (you can see how misty it was in the background!)

An idea for one of our trips: Castle Leslie: Two Hour Cross Country Jump Ride €75. http://www.castleleslie.com/gallery-equestrian.html
    I'm definitely on to go back to Bel Air for the cross country course on a 'slightly' dryer day too!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

An idea for one of our trips: Castle Leslie: Two Hour Cross Country Jump Ride €75. http://www.castleleslie.com/gallery-equestrian.html
    I'm definitely on to go back to Bel Air for the cross country course on a 'slightly' dryer day too!:)

That looks good Anastazia so sorry I missed this one today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It looks like ye had a great time - sorry I missed it, but hopefully next time! Lovely pics, too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Nice pics :P

Hope I can make it next time too.. or at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Seems like you had fun! Will try make it the next time! Can't wait to see more pics.

If we could organise another one for any weekend after the weekend of 18th/19th May would be super, I'd love to go. I have exams until then but after that free most weekends.

What kind of height were the jumps?

The biggest we're probably 1meter, maybe a half meter wide.(as far as I can remember anyway!)
    Would I be right Ah yeah, Emma Fly and Valentina?

Yeah, I'd say probably no more than 90cm max! But then again 1m xc jumps always look less intimidating than 1m showjumps because they're sold :)

The biggest we're probably 1meter, maybe a half meter wide.(as far as I can remember anyway!)
    Would I be right Ah yeah, Emma Fly and Valentina?
    Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say probably no more than 90cm max! But then again 1m xc jumps always look less intimidating than 1m showjumps because they're sold :)

Yeah I'd say most were about 60-90 with the odd 1m one. I think the spread fence and a couple of the larger logs would have been half a metre wide at least. I wonder how big the drop fence was.

Valentina wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say most were about 60-90 with the odd 1m one. I think the spread fence and a couple of the larger logs would have been half a metre wide at least. I wonder how big the drop fence was.

I'd say maybe 90cm or 1m.. They did feel smaller though I think because the horses were such pros at it!

• Advertisement

I'd say maybe 90cm or 1m.. They did feel smaller though I think because the horses were such pros at it!

I was thinking the same thing. The horses really love their job and it shows. :)

Advertisement