Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with financial projections

Options
  • 13-01-2013 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm currently in the process of doing up a business plan for a new venture that I've planned. I will be approaching the local enterprise board to see what kind of funding they have available. Alternatively if that doesn't work out, a local business man has expressed interest in investing on more than one occasion. Whichever path I take I will need a business plan.

I'm struggling with the financials of my plan. I know what I would charge and how many customers I could possibly acquire myself if I went out selling.

The business is a SAAS based business which will have 3 different payment options, say bronze, silver and gold. So Silver customers would pay more than bronze but receive more features and the same applies to gold. Customers will pay on a month by month basis and will be able to cancel at any stage.

So basically I need some form of projection spreadsheet that will take into account a SAAS based model like this where customers pay on a month by month basis. Could anyone point me in the right direction where I could find some useful resources? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭killiank

Hi Mark,

I work in software & I have a SAAS model where customers have the option to pay what is essentially a monthly rental. I have a very simple spreadhsheet that helps me workout what to charge per month based on the licenses they acquire. Is this what you are looking for?

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Mike_Eile

killiank wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

I work in software & I have a SAAS model where customers have the option to pay what is essentially a monthly rental. I have a very simple spreadhsheet that helps me workout what to charge per month based on the licenses they acquire. Is this what you are looking for?

Killian

Hi Killian,

Yes, it's more a forecasting spreadsheet that I'm looking for but I definitely think something like that could help. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

I have a full 3 year financial forcasting spreadsheet if thats any help. the cash flow is monthly but there is a key assumptions page you could use to explain your figures on. the cash flow is also linked to a P&L account sheet. PM if its an use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Admor Tony

Mike,

I also suggest you show some 'sensitivities' in your forecasts. In other words you should show what would happen if you do not exactly hit the figures that you are forecasting. Send me a PM if you want more details on how to do this and good luck meantime.

Advertisement