Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keith Fahey

• 13-01-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how Keith is getting on and has he returned to football yet. Have seen him in my local The Old Mill every weekend for the last 5-6 weeks and very very merry at that. Also seen him around the estate in his Range Rover constantly the last 3 months or so. Seems to be enjoying a break from the game or has he decided again life across the water is not for him, those were his early Arsenal and Aston Villa days.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

thinly veiled i seen keith fahey in the pub thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Personal issue with his family, according to Lee Clark.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/clark-disgusted-at-fahey-rumours-3318396.html

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Am I the only one fed up of the ever-witty "thinly veiled..." responses all the time?

'Tis really getting on my wick at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think I read somewhere that he is going back this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Not sure what that means DB just commenting on seeing him around so much, ive seen him in the gym as well in westpark. Just seen him last night and he was in great form with the lads, was wondering how long Brummie have given him off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Think I read somewhere that he is going back this week.

Thats great to read, talented lad when he puts his mind to it. Great to see him back if true.

Thats great to read, talented lad when he puts his mind to it. Great to see him back if true.

I will try and find it if I can in paper in house see if it was one of them.

It might not be 100% true although hope it is.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/fahey-closing-on-birmingham-return-says-clark-219348.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Please refrain from speculation about a person's private life. I'm sure Keith or his family wouldn't want to be reading that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I'm sure he has quite a big nest egg built up so presuming money is no issue, I'd love to see him back in the LOI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

BOHtox wrote: »
    I'm sure he has quite a big egg's nest built up so presuming money is no issue, I'd love to see him back in the LOI

He must have some sort of eagle then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Presume he is looking for a move in January.

Would be a good addition for anyone chasing promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Fahey is meant to back in Birmingham this week, but am not sure if that will mean he will be back full time. He could tell Clark he needs more time off. Hopefully his personal issues and his personal life are ok now. There were rumours that Fahey was in a dispute with Clark, and was suing the club. But that was dismissed in the last week.

Birmingham have missed him, need his experience back in the centre of midfield. Pair him along one of the youngsters Ravel or Callum Reilly, and Birmingham have a great chance of moving up the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

If it a personnel issue this thread should real really be locked (though not surprised if it's allowed continue)

Colin Tattum ‏@colintattum
    Keith Fahey to train with Shamrock Rovers to build up fitness ahead of eventual return to Blues #bcfc

Good news, a sign that he is getting closer to a return. He met Clark earlier this week and said he was nearly ready to return but did not have a return date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/fahey-close-to-return-607186.aspx

Birmingham City is happy to confirm that, as a period of leave to deal with an important family matter comes towards an end, midfielder Keith Fahey has resumed training
    The circumstances that required Fahey to return to Ireland mean that he has begun a period of training with Dublin club, Shamrock Rovers, before his planned return to Blues in a few weeks time.

Explaining the decision, manager Lee Clark said: “Keith has been out of the game for quite some time so his and our interests are best served by him doing what amounts to a full pre-season and we have requested that he would do this with the top club in Ireland – Shamrock Rovers.

"I am pleased that Keith has now started this programme and I expect it will hasten his return to first-team action.”

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Top club in Ireland? Hes sent him to the wrong rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

Not sure what that means DB just commenting on seeing him around so much, ive seen him in the gym as well in westpark. Just seen him last night and he was in great form with the lads, was wondering how long Brummie have given him off.

why dont you go over and ask him when he'll be back and tell him you hope alls well? Seems like a decent bloke so no harm in wishing him well and enquiring. :o

Hopefully he will get fit quickly, and he will be back for Birmingham's promotion push and the playoffs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I've always liked Birmingham CityLee Clark..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He looks rather fetching with the right crest on:cool:

72952_10152433726175858_1186019732_n.jpg

(Stolen from the Ultras forum)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Hopefully he will get fit quickly, and he will be back for Birmingham's promotion push and the playoffs.
    :D:D

Have you not seen Birmingham play under Clark?! They are woeful.

The rest of the season should be an uncomfortable relegation scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

joining rovers on loan according to the star

Advertisement