Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox LIVE Connection Issues (w/ Permanet)

• 13-01-2013 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Right off the bat, I have a black Xbox 360 Elite, with the white wireless adapter. A few months back, I changed from Eircom to Permanet, and when I first connected to Xbox LIVE with Eircom, a small change on my router configuration page was all that needed to allow my Xbox access the wireless network through my house.

Since I've changed to Permanet, I've been unable to connect to the wireless network, with the X popping up between the Xbox 360 to Network test.

I thought it was something to do with Permanet, and after I rang them, I finally got through to a technician who told me that Permanet just doesn't support Xbox LIVE, but after connecting an ethernet cable from my console to the router directly, it connected without fail.

Is there anybody who has Permanet, along with the Hirton-0C30 router, that has successfully, wirelessy connected to the internet? I'm almost certain it has something to do with configuring the router by typing my IP address into the search bar, but I've tried almost everything, and I don't want to needlessly change settings.

Thanks in advance,
    David.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Right off the bat, I have a black Xbox 360 Elite, with the white wireless adapter. A few months back, I changed from Eircom to Permanet, and when I first connected to Xbox LIVE with Eircom, a small change on my router configuration page was all that needed to allow my Xbox access the wireless network through my house.

Since I've changed to Permanet, I've been unable to connect to the wireless network, with the [COLOR="Red"]X[/COLOR] popping up between the Xbox 360 to Network test.

I thought it was something to do with Permanet, and after I rang them, I finally got through to a technician who told me that Permanet just doesn't support Xbox LIVE, but after connecting an ethernet cable from my console to the router directly, it connected without fail.

Is there anybody who has Permanet, along with the Hirton-0C30 router, that has successfully, wirelessy connected to the internet? I'm almost certain it has something to do with configuring the router by typing my IP address into the search bar, but I've tried almost everything, and I don't want to needlessly change settings.

Thanks in advance,
    David.

Hi David,

I've been a permaNET customer for the last two or three years. Never had a problem connecting the xbox wirelessly but I've always preferred a wired connection. Have a look at homeplugs and building yourself a wired network around your house using the existing electrical cabling. Its not cheap though.

Also, to have an open NAT setting with permaNET, you'll require a static IP address from them. These are available with any of the business plans they have available. Plus these plans have less contention and a higher upload speeds than the domestic plans, which suits hosting servers in games like MW3.

My guess is that your router is the issue here, though. Try upgrading its firmware and thrawl the web for exactly the right settings for it to be compatible with xbox live, failing that, reset the router to its default settings and try it. Personally, I'd bin that router and get yourself a E3000 router, I did that and haven't looked back since.

Basically, everything I've recommended requires you to spend money! Wish I was on commission ;)

Advertisement