Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasting text into Excel 2003

Options
  • 13-01-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

When trying to paste a few lines of text into an excel work book it all ends up on one line from east to west:D

Is there an easy way of pasting it over several lines/rows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pixiel

Hi
    Hope this helps.

http://youtu.be/sJmczgZ_Myo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thanks pixiel but I'm just looking for a quick way of pasting a few notes, consisting a few lines of text into a spreadsheet occasionally instead of
    having to do it, line by line.

I tried merging a few cells first and pasting into that but no joy.
    Maybe if I had then chosen text wrap, that might have worked.

There must be a simple way for idiots like me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I know this isnt much help to you now, but if you are doing this a lot you might want to upgrade to 2010 as you can paste into it with a lot of different options

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Found a fairly good solution which will do me fine.

You copy text which has no paragraph or double line spacing, and paste it into a spreadsheet cell.

Then you can format a group of blank cells using merge & text wrap.

Then you just copy the text from the cell you pasted it into
    and hey presto:D

IF you try to paste it directly into merged cells it won't work, weird or what.

every little helps

Advertisement