Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADE:Ikea Cab

Options
  • 13-01-2013 7:37pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I am trading away my Ikea cab, and someone is welcome to it now that I have a proper cab in life.
    Not that it isn't decent, it is.
    It's got a crusty old laptop chugging away and happily runs Dodopachi and it's ilk.
    I have a custom list of vertical games on the drive and they run, via Mame, just fine.
    It's running Mala as well, as the menu system, booting straight to it on power up.
    Obviously no copywritten material will be supplied with the device.
    Also not being traded is the controller I have been using, namely a wireless PS3 arcade stick, the Tekken 6 one.
    I can recommend this to future owners or you can just plumb in your favourite stick via the USB port.
    TBH I reckon most folk will strip out the existing laptop and pop in a decased 4:3 monitor and a micro form factor PC, along with J-Pac and a decent arcade stick, so I understand that all that is of value is the now discontinued cabinet itself.

So, I've no idea what someone might trade for this but please feel free to make an offer,
    those of you at Beers in mine have seen it so know what they're getting, I can take some photos if you like also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

What are you looking for ??????, Have a NES jamma board.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, not sure.
    What is this thing you call, a Nes Jamma Board?
    Anything else in that massive collection of yours?

I got the board out of a system I got from Mitchomagic. Send me your email address and I will forward on two emails with pics of the system and the board running.

Regards

The Multi Game is a pirated arcade machine which contains 35 NES/Famicom games, made by Seo Jin in 1992.
    OverviewEdit
    In a similar way to Nintendo's PlayChoice-10 arcade machines, the games are all taken from the NES/Famicom and can be played for a set amount of time, between 3 and 10 minutes depending on what the DIP switches are set to. As well as this, the colour palette for the games is slightly different. However, the games themselves are pirated versions of the originals, like most Famicom multicarts. The logo is based off the one Wrecking Crew uses.
    Strictly speaking, this is not technically a multicart itself as it is bootleg NES hardware with permanent ROM chips mounted; it is not a cartridge for an NES or anything similar.

List of gamesEdit
    Excitebike (Edit mode removed)
    Tetris (Tengen version)
    Star Force (Says Star War on the title screen)
    Sky Destro (Sky Destroyer)
    Chess (Gomoku Narabe Renju)
    Kung Fu (Yie Ar Kung-Fu)
    Pac Man (2 player mode replaced with a "Reset" option, which starts up Excitebike)
    Base Ball
    Circus (Circus Charlie with the 2 player mode removed)
    Ice Climber (Unlike the other games, the copyright is retained)
    Warpman
    Road Fight (Road Fighter)
    Balloon (Balloon Fight)
    Battle City (Construction mode removed)
    Supermario (Says Super Mary on the title screen)
    TwinBee
    Goonies
    New Type
    Tennis
    Son Son
    Galaga
    F1 Race
    Door Door (Pinball)
    Bomb Jack (Mighty Bomb Jack)
    Ninja (Ninja Hattori-Kun)
    Gorilla 3 (Donkey Kong 3 with a hacked title screen)
    Macross (Choujikuu Yousai Macross)
    Mr Mario (Mario Bros., says Mr Mary on the title screen)
    Olympic (Track & Field with the 2 player mode removed)
    Wrecking (Wrecking Crew)
    Penguin (Antarctic Adventure with the logo missing)
    Elevator (Elevator Action)
    Arabian (Super Arabian)
    Zippy (Zippy Race)
    Star Soldier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm definitely interested.
    Anything else to sweeten the deal, maybe?

• Advertisement

Re the Nes hack pcb, I'll pass Mr Eagle, I will have the pc running the cab soon enough and can emulate Nes titles to beat the band.
    Anything else that u might be willing to part with?

No Probs. Nothing else at the moment to trade.

No worries.

Hello
    Just to say, what I would really like is the original model DS, I don't have one, while I have most of the rest, so I am anxious to get one into the collection.
    A DSiXL would be great too, if there is someone out there who wants to trade....

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I may have one to trade, and some md games? You can look over the md games on my adverts for sale list, meanwhile I'll double check the condition of the ds for ya..any pics handy?

I'll have a look at getting those pics up later on.
    Remember, you'll be providing your own controller, the wireless ps3 arcade stick stays with me, but you can see it working, no problem.

• Advertisement

LuuyF1n.jpg
    CmakaLo.jpg
    dLOVH2x.jpg

So, there she blows!
    Playing Dodonpachi without a bother.

Any sign of the DS?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

PM sent

This is still available.
    I'm thinking of doing an O1s1n and lobbing a DC into it, but I will wait and see what might be offered here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd definitely be interested, if it's not gone by the end of the month let me know and we can sort out a trade! Possibly for an original DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Im interested.. How about a Rasberry PI Model 2 with SD card and case?

No thanks aidankkk, have access to one of those already

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Hi is there many games on this and does it just boot up when plugged in? Or is there a button? and is it sturdy? Like its not going to electrocute the ass off me when I open up? Sorry I love retro games I'm just new to arcade cabs..

Sorry, this looks like it is going to Atavan.
    If there is a change in that I'll let you know,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement