Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Red Cups in Cork?

Options
  • 13-01-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, does anyone know where I could pick up red cups somewhere in Cork? I remember seeing them in Tescos before, but was in Paul Street today and couldn't see them. For reference, they look like this:

redcup.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

have seen them in dunnes as well recently in the alcohol section

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

They have them upstairs in Tesco Douglas .... don't know how much im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

P.lane78 wrote: »
    They have them upstairs in Tesco Douglas .... don't know how much im afraid
    Same in teshco Wilton, only a couple of yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Legends one and all folks, cheers. Stupid Paul Street Tesco having no stupidly small selection in comparison to the other Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

dulpit wrote: »
    Legends one and all folks, cheers. Stupid Paul Street Tesco having no stupidly small selection in comparison to the other Tescos.

It really is the shltest Tesco ever.
    As is MQ supervalue.
    As is Dunne's.

Why can't we have a decent supermarket in the city?
    The likes of a Scally's Supervalue or a Superquinn.

• Advertisement

It really is the ****est Tesco ever.
    As is MQ supervalue.
    As is Dunne's.

Why can't we have a decent supermarket in the city?
    The likes of a Scally's Supervalue or a Superquinn.
    because these shops actually have a low stock turnover in some areas, and are restricted space wise.
    The GF has worked both in SV and Dunnes in the city centre and in a subarb branch of dunnes, and the grocery section in the city centre shops just doesnt have the sales in alot of areas to justify the entire range and the space that would entail.
    City centre groceries sales are primarily people only stopping to grab one or two items before heading home or older people doing their full shop there due to convience of having other shops etc nearby and parking etc.....

Very few familes would do the full shop there, which impacts alot of the amount and type of goods sold.

because these shops actually have a low stock turnover in some areas, and are restricted space wise.
    The GF has worked both in SV and Dunnes in the city centre and in a subarb branch of dunnes, and the grocery section in the city centre shops just doesnt have the sales in alot of areas to justify the entire range and the space that would entail.
    City centre groceries sales are primarily people only stopping to grab one or two items before heading home or older people doing their full shop there due to convience of having other shops etc nearby and parking etc.....

Very few familes would do the full shop there, which impacts alot of the amount and type of goods sold.

I prefer to think it is because they are run by a bunch of fecking ididots!

If you use one regularily most of the managers are happy enough to order in a certain product if you buy it regularily.

Ya, I live in the city, but would do my grocery shopping in Wilton or wherever. Even if there was a Tesco like Wilton's in town, unless there was decent (and free) parking, I wouldn't bother. Too much hassle.

If you use one regularily most of the managers are happy enough to order in a certain product if you buy it regularily.

That is certainly not my experience.
    Tesco do not even claim they will consider getting anything in that they've dropped - they just say that if it had been dropped, there mustn't be demand for it.
    Have you ever seen a manager in Supervalue?
    Dried chick peas are considered exotic in Dunne's.

• Advertisement

Ya, I live in the city, but would do my grocery shopping in Wilton or wherever. Even if there was a Tesco like Wilton's in town, unless there was decent (and free) parking, I wouldn't bother. Too much hassle.

So it's cause of the likes of you?!
    Walk to the fecking shops!!

That is certainly not my experience.
    Tesco do not even claim they will consider getting anything in that they've dropped - they just say that if it had been dropped, there mustn't be demand for it.
    Have you ever seen a manager in Supervalue?
    Dried chick peas are considered exotic in Dunne's.
    Tesco are the worst , forget about asking them , but there are products bought into dunnes and supervalu if they are asked for by regular customers.

And i do actually spot managers from time to time in both stores.

So it's cause of the likes of you?!
    Walk to the fecking shops!!

Walk to the shops? And walk home again with a full weeks shop? And how many people do I need to bring with me so we can carry it?

Walk to the shops? And walk home again with a full weeks shop? And how many people do I need to bring with me so we can carry it?
    None, you man up and carry all the bags yourself in one go like a real man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Tesco in Douglas have them. They are €4 for 10 cups. Stupidly overpriced to be honest but they can be cleaned.

If you live in the city why do you need to do a weekly shop?
    Shop a few times a week and carry your shopping.

If you live in the city why do you need to do a weekly shop?
    Shop a few times a week and carry your shopping.

Why do I want to walk to town every day or two to go shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Bit late I know but I would try dealz on grande parade, €4 for 10 is a rob!

Why do I want to walk to town every day or two to go shopping?

Why would you have to walk to town, I thought you lived in town?

BillJ wrote: »
    Bit late I know but I would try dealz on grande parade, €4 for 10 is a rob!

Dealz has plastic cups all right, but not the red ones, and I specifically need them. Cheers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

The Euro shop in Wilton has them! Saw them there last week. I think they were either €1 or €1.50 for 20 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

The off-license on Douglas Street sell the ones in pic

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

You having a kegger brah!?

Epicness wrote: »
    You having a kegger brah!?

No, my girlfriend became obsessed with this:

and the normal plastic cups do not suffice...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

No, my girlfriend became obsessed with this:

and the normal plastic cups do not suffice...

Ah nice :) Specific but will be cool when she gets it down! I wanna see Pitch Perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I realise that by having to ask this I am showing how culturally unaware I am but ... why must they be red?

I realise that by having to ask this I am showing how culturally unaware I am but ... why must they be red?

They don't have to be red, but the plastic cups that I've found around the place are not strong enough for that. Whereas the red cups are. So instead of chancing my arm with what I think are strong enough cups, I decided to get ones I know will work.

AFAIK the reason that these cups are red and are known for their use in parties in US is that you can't see what's in the cup (so could conceivably be juice or soda-pop instead of beer :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Ok, now I get the cover-up purpose but
    strong enough for that
    - strong enough for what? :confused:

Ok, now I get the cover-up purpose but
    - strong enough for what? :confused:

The reason I'm buying them... (like 4 posts back)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Some useless information for you:

They are actually a brand in the US (Solo) and the cup design is patented. You get a 30 pack of cups for around $5.

Lines-on-a-Solo-Cup.jpeg

It may not have been attended for this but 99.9% of use of the red and blue Solo cups is for beer in house parties.

Advertisement