Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some info on the IEC 2013- DOES NOT MEAN PROGRAMME IS OPEN!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

archicraft wrote: »
    you can get an international driving permit(like i did) ,which is valid in canada,have a look at link below:

http://www.rsa.ie/RSA/Licensed-Drivers/Driving-licence/Driving-abroad---where-do-I-need-an-international-license/

also application form attached

thats great thanks, just wondering tho as it says its only valid for a year can you renew it each year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Saffron Revolution

Hi everyone,

regarding step 3 in the application process procedure i.e. "You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC."

What exactly do they mean by providing a digital signature, and at what stage do we need to do this. Is it not until the CIC contact us back for the 2nd stage? Regarding the digital signature itself, do they mean a scanned hard copy ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

media101 wrote: »
    thats great thanks, just wondering tho as it says its only valid for a year can you renew it each year?

You just buy a new one every year, it’s basically a passport for your drivers license.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Stupid question, but once you have applied and (hopefully) gotten the visa, its up to yourself when you go? I'm aiming for maybe late april/early May, money and other stuff pending, the visa only activates once you're in Canada?

THe port of entry thing, what if you're not sure where you're going yet? would have to stick Toronto (the most likely place I'll go) and then wind up going to Calgary instead, would that cause major issues on entry?

krudler wrote: »
    Stupid question, but once you have applied and (hopefully) gotten the visa, its up to yourself when you go? I'm aiming for maybe late april/early May, money and other stuff pending, the visa only activates once you're in Canada?

THe port of entry thing, what if you're not sure where you're going yet? would have to stick Toronto (the most likely place I'll go) and then wind up going to Calgary instead, would that cause major issues on entry?

Yep according to this:): (copied from website)

Letter of Introduction

The Letter of Introduction is not your work permit – rather, it will identify you at the port of entry to Canada as being eligible to receive a work permit under IEC. As such, you must be sure to present the Letter of Introduction to a border service officer when arriving in Canada. Your Letter of Introduction will be valid for 12 months from its date of issue. The final date upon which you can present the letter at a Canadian port of entry and receive a work permit will be indicated on the letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

archicraft wrote: »
    Yep according to this:): (copied from website)

Letter of Introduction

The Letter of Introduction is not your work permit – rather, it will identify you at the port of entry to Canada as being eligible to receive a work permit under IEC. As such, you must be sure to present the Letter of Introduction to a border service officer when arriving in Canada. Your Letter of Introduction will be valid for 12 months from its date of issue. The final date upon which you can present the letter at a Canadian port of entry and receive a work permit will be indicated on the letter.

Arse, better make up my mind quick so, what if you flew into Toronto, then travelled to Calgary after if you couldnt find work? would you have to apply for another work permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Wait the above doesn't say anything about having to enter a specific port of entry, it just states that your LOI is only valid for 12mths, as in it is up to you when you go, as long as it is within the 12mth validity of the LOI. I see nothing there about specific port of entry info

hdowney wrote: »
    Wait the above doesn't say anything about having to enter a specific port of entry, it just states that your LOI is only valid for 12mths, as in it is up to you when you go, as long as it is within the 12mth validity of the LOI. I see nothing there about specific port of entry info

Sorry my bad, i was referring to Krudlers first paragraph : "Stupid question, but once you have applied and (hopefully) gotten the visa, its up to yourself when you go? I'm aiming for maybe late april/early May, money and other stuff pending, the visa only activates once you're in Canada?"

should have been more specific......need more coffee:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Last year, i got LOI in Feb, flew to Edmonton in May, work permit valid until May 2013.

Heh guys,

In the application form it asks for your Work experience over the past 10 years but theres only room for 4 different employers. Will the 4 employers details suffice even thought it only spans 6 years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Heh guys,

In the application form it asks for your Work experience over the past 10 years but theres only room for 4 different employers. Will the 4 employers details suffice even thought it only spans 6 years?
    read the form it says to add a supplementary sheet if required and it gives details on how to title any additional sheets

Thanks ManFromCheese, but I'm not sure they were referring to job information when they spoke of adding supplementary sheets. Plus, all the information is in our CV anyway! Do you think I should list those extra jobs on a PDF and upload them as supplementary?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Hi guys,

I'm probably being an almighty dope here but every time I try to open the IMM1295 form from the checklist page it says my adobe reader isn't upto date, even though it's the latest version. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Apologies for the double post!!

Did the questionaire and this came up:

"You may be eligible to come to Canada through the International Experience Canada initiative.

Before applying for a work permit from CIC, you must meet the criteria to participate in the International Experience Canada initiative. Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada will issue a conditional acceptance letter if you meet the criteria. You will need this letter in order to apply for a work permit from CIC. Please note this letter is only valid for 6 months"

The 6 months thing has freaked me out a bit, does this mean that you have 6 months to fill out the rest of your application and submit it, or that you have 6 months maximum before you leave for Canada, as opposed to the 12 months after you receive the letter of introduction like you had last year...?
    I'm pretty screwed if it's the latter, as I have 9 months left of my masters and therefore can't leave until October/ November at the latest... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RodimusPrime

giggii wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm probably being an almighty dope here but every time I try to open the IMM1295 form from the checklist page it says my adobe reader isn't upto date, even though it's the latest version. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi Giggii,

I have the same problem with opening the IMM1295. I downloaded the most up to date version too and still wouldn't work. So I tried opening it on another computer and it worked. Sorry I can't be of any more help but that's what worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RodimusPrime

Hi folks,

I was filling in the IMM1295 (application) form and got to where you put in your employment history. In the instruction guide, it says:

Note: If you need more space, print out an additional page of the form, complete this section and submit it with your application.

Do I now have to validate each extra page I am adding? As far as I can see I can only validate the original 4 page document. Any help/advice on this would be appreciated!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭willabur

Hi Giggii,

I have the same problem with opening the IMM1295. I downloaded the most up to date version too and still wouldn't work. So I tried opening it on another computer and it worked. Sorry I can't be of any more help but that's what worked for me.

Download the file locally and then open it. It's the Adobe plug in for your browser that is out of date. You are probably updating the installed version so save locally and open with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I cant see any way of clicking on this IEC Kompass Account, does this only become available when submissions do or am i just a total moron

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I had a look at the Australian page for the iec, link below if anyone wants to have a look:
    https://www.whpcanada.org.au/index.shtml
    I say the fees will be the same price as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

Has anyone else NOT had their payment verified yet?? I submitted my payment a week ago and then got a request for additional information. I submitted the additional information but still have nothing confirmed!!! I am freaking out and really worried, is anyone else in a similar situation???:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Has anyone else NOT had their payment verified yet?? I submitted my payment a week ago and then got a request for additional information. I submitted the additional information but still have nothing confirmed!!! I am freaking out and really worried, is anyone else in a similar situation???:confused:

take a look at the canada magathread, u are not alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

media101 wrote: »
    take a look at the canada magathread, u are not alone :)

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

"You will need this letter in order to apply for a work permit from CIC. Please note this letter is only valid for 6 months"

can anyone shed any light on this? do you have to leave within 6 months of this letter beng issued? because i wasnt planning on leaving til my contract was in in january 2014 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Ellie1988 wrote: »
    "You will need this letter in order to apply for a work permit from CIC. Please note this letter is only valid for 6 months"

can anyone shed any light on this? do you have to leave within 6 months of this letter beng issued? because i wasnt planning on leaving til my contract was in in january 2014 :confused:

No you don't have to leave anywhere. They're saying the letter is valid for 6 months. After 6 months you will no longer be able to apply for a work permit using that letter. That letter is for applying for a work permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

No you don't have to leave anywhere. They're saying the letter is valid for 6 months. After 6 months you will no longer be able to apply for a work permit using that letter. That letter is for applying for a work permit.

Thanks for the reply. haven't had a chance to properly read through everything about this years application process and misunderstood what they were saying! think i'll start the process in the next couple of weeks and all being well i'll be heading over in January of next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nransom21

hi guys, i was wondering if you could help me. Im from the UK, how do I get a conditional acceptance letter? I think i have to access IEC Kompass or something but I cant access it.

thanks for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

have you applied through the Irish iec process? if not wait till the English one opens all will be explained.

Advertisement