Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on New Blog

Options
  • 13-01-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I will be integrating a blog to my e-commerce store and plan to outsource the management of the blog to an independent and experienced blogger.

I plan to give 'author' access to this person which will enable the writer to login to my blog and write articles, upload images etc. However I am just wondering if this type of setup is normal or should I ask the blogger to just email the articles to me and I will then upload the articles? Obviously I would prefer if the blogger could upload and manage all the articles as it would save a lot of time but I don't want to be requesting this service if its not the done thing! Does anyone here have a 3rd party managing their blogs?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Is your Cms Wordpress ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nyg

Is your Cms Wordpress ??
    Yes using WordPress, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

As you say – there are two ways – they write and you upload or they get access to upload – which seems to be your preference.

As It’s an e-com site, I’d be very cautious. You can get plugins for wordpress that limit the access you can grant registered users, where they can go, what they can do and what they can edit.

Until you’re comparable, I’d make sure that you are the only person that can publish articles – you push the final button. They write and lay-out the articles and they you have final approval and they cant publish anything on your site without your approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Wordpress the latest versions about 3.0+ have functionality where writers can login, edit all aspects of the post title in the blog and you can either let them publish or you can hit the publish button.
    Essentially this would be a draft so to speak..

You dont have to go faffin with plugins for this -

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nyg

Wordpress the latest versions about 3.0+ have functionality where writers can login, edit all aspects of the post title in the blog and you can either let them publish or you can hit the publish button.
    Essentially this would be a draft so to spESL
    You dont have to go faffin with plugins for this -
    Thanks guys, very helpful. I see this now, perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

log them as a contributor and they have restricted access - just ensure that your e-com is secure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

blue4ever wrote: »
    log them as a contributor and they have restricted access - just ensure that your e-com is secure!

Unless the E-commerce functionality is part of the same WordPress installation, the contributor is no more a threat to the security of the e-com than any other site visitor would be. No extra security considerations should be required.

Advertisement