Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldoyle living

Options
  • 13-01-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

How is Baldoyle living ?

a little quiet but good access to the amenities of sutton and howth ...at a reduced price ?

Also got access to bayside and sutton dart station ?

I am thinking of willie nolan road in particular ?

You can also go out the coast to portmarnock and malahide quite easily.

What are the primary school options in the area , hard to get into ?
    Secondary schools ?

traffic bad if driving ?

I assume raheny would have better facilities but also more expensive.

All wisdom welcome

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

rocketed wrote: »
    How is Baldoyle living ?

a little quiet but good access to the amenities of sutton and howth ...at a reduced price ?

Also got access to bayside and sutton dart station ?

I am thinking of willie nolan road in particular ?

You can also go out the coast to portmarnock and malahide quite easily.

What are the primary school options in the area , hard to get into ?
    Secondary schools ?

traffic bad if driving ?

I assume raheny would have better facilities but also more expensive.

All wisdom welcome

You also have clongriffin station there's a shortcut in the myrtle estate and an entrance to growth junction in the industrial estate.

I'd avoid the tunnel from bayside station to Seagrange park after dark if there's people in it. Get off at a different station after dark the. The extra 10min walk from Sutton is worth it incase your hoped

There are two
    Primary schools and secondary schools in baldoyle
    Primary
    St. Peter and Paul's Boys
    St.marys primary. Girls

Secondary
    Pobalscoil Nessain ( beside Seagrange park) mixed

St Mary's girls

You also have
    St fintans NS Sutton primary
    St fintans high school Sutton
    Schoil muire primary Howth
    St marnocks primary Portmarnock
    St.Helens primary. Portmarnock
    Portmarnock community School secondary
    Scoil Isa malahide Secondary

Portmarnock and malahide are accessible by the 102 bus route and there's stops for the 2 secondary schools right outside the schools and across the road from st marnocks I. Portmarnock village.

Traffic is never bad in these areas just the usual morning and rush and hour.

Baldoyle is a very nice and quiet place to live. I have been living here for 17 years and I have heard of very few burglary a maybe 2 or 3.

You also have local shops like Lidl Flinstones Lidl mc cabes pharmacy b2 hair studio and expert hardware ( the owner here is very nice helpful and knowledgeable about hardware that you will need to refurbish your home and this shop has been in the Macnamara family since the early 80s)

You also have 3 pubs graingers, the racecourse inn and the el phin.

I hope I gave you enough knowledge any questions pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

traffic on grange road can be a bit of a nightmare from about 830-9 with the schools and again around 230 for 20-30 mins. easy to get to sutton and howth by road or foot but again traffic can be a nightmare during the summer weekends especially if its sunny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

neris wrote: »
    traffic on grange road can be a bit of a nightmare from about 830-9 with the schools and again around 230 for 20-30 mins. easy to get to sutton and howth by road or foot but again traffic can be a nightmare during the summer weekends especially if its sunny.

Traffic isn't really that bad for that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I always thought Baldoyle was a looked over, underrated coastal spot. Parts of it are very mature and settled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement