Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Connection & TV Channel Wipe

• 13-01-2013 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all!

I'm renting a small place and I brought up a small Bush tv when I was moving in. A UPC cable connection was provided, and it worked fine. I went back home for the Christmas and when I came back up there were problems. There was just static when I flicked through the channels. I have tried retuning the channels, but nothing is being picked up. I also have an Xbox, and this is working fine on this tv.

I'm just wondering if this is a problem with the UPC connection or with the TV itself. Ideally I would just go out and test the connection on another tv, but I don't really know anyone around here yet whose tv I could borrow. I'd appreciate any opinions that you may have.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It sounds like UPC have cut the connection, possibly the previous tenant had paid up to Dec 31st. There's no way you should need to retune the TV as the analog channels don't really change that often.

I take it you don't have a UPC digital box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Compu Global Hyper Meganet

No, just the cable. What you say makes complete sense of course. The fact that it went just as we changed over to 2013 is too much of a coincidence.

Just as well one of us is a logical thinker!

Thanks very much coylemj. I'll get onto my landlord about it.

Advertisement