Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanet.com

• 13-01-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi,

a friend of mine in Cromane, Co. Kerry is considering signing on with Permanet.ie.

I've read few threads on boards about quality issues and while there have been negative reports, the Co. seem to be reasonable to deal with...

The coverage map they show on their site is a little blotchy, as you'd expect in
    a mountainy region like Kerry. It would be nice if they showed where the transmitters/receivers were - you could make a reasonable guess on coverage to any location :) . However I suppose their method involves so many transmitters, that would be difficult.

Anybody with experience of coverage in Cromane ?

A.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

yep .. ask away :)

They have 2 masts, Slieve Mish and Glenbeigh, Cromane tends to be fed from the Slieve Mish mast .... depending on the package you go for you should be able to get around 3mb speeds. Always found it to be pretty stable and no great dramas.

Your friend can sign up and they will come a install the aerial etc and then if you can't get a decent signal then they would normally allow you to just cancel the service. (The installer will be able to test for signal using a meter anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

That's very helpful.

A.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If you can get perfect Radio Kerry on 97.2 you should be in with a good chance of getting it from Slieve Mish. 97.2 is the lowest power FM radio station from Slieve Mish (316W) and would be more accurate indicator than the other stations.

Good tip, that.

My friend has been in touch with Permanet today and expects installation Fri maybe.

Aa.

My friend signed up and is very happy with service. :)

Cheers

A.

• Advertisement
Advertisement