Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launching from startup and using command line data entry

Options
  • 13-01-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm trying to set up an application so that it automatically starts when the PC starts, but I also want the application to run setup file.

the applocation in question does acceppt command line input

The example given in it's help file is...
    VSPEmulator.exe c:/config_files/main.vspe
    This should launch th application and run a file called main.vspe

I'm able to have the aplication start by puting a shortcut into the "startup" section, but I can't figure how to run the command line automatically???

OS is win 7

Thanks,
    Ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrECameraman

trackerman wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I'm trying to set up an application so that it automatically starts when the PC starts, but I also want the application to run setup file.

the applocation in question does acceppt command line input

The example given in it's help file is...
    VSPEmulator.exe c:/config_files/main.vspe
    This should launch th application and run a file called main.vspe

I'm able to have the aplication start by puting a shortcut into the "startup" section, but I can't figure how to run the command line automatically???

OS is win 7

Thanks,
    Ray

Use HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \Run and pop it in there as a reg_sz

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Wow, way too complicated for me I'm afraid...

me and regedit don't get on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Navigate to HKey_Local_Machine \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \Run
    In the right hand portion of the screen right click and chose New string value. Give it a name then right click on the name and choose modify
    then in the text box paste (including the quotation marks) "VSPEmulator.exe c:/config_files/main.vspe"

Click OK and that's all there is to it

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Got it, cheers.

Thanks all.

Advertisement