Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance query

Options
  • 13-01-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello,

I have a difficult situation and I was wondering if I could get some advice. My father passed away in 2011 and I became sole guardian of my younger brother who is severely disabled and receives disability allowance. He was assessed by the council and put at the top of the housing list but no accommodation was available which he could access so he remained in the family home, where he has lived all his life, and I paid all the bills, ESB, heating, phone etc. I am no longer able to pay these due to huge changes personal circumstances, could I charge my brother rent for staying in his home (which is in my name but I do not live there) and claim rent allowance as a landlord? He was assessed in July 2011, would that still be valid for a claim? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Think assessment is required yearly since 2011, may be wrong though

Advertisement