Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS350 Fuse problem

Options
  • 13-01-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

I did some work on a house recently. Part of it involved have to disconnect some connections to reroute an alarm cable and then reconnect it. There's was a brief short as I noticed a couple of sparks. The first image below is the connections. After I had it reconnected the keypad on the system gave an error saying Fuse. I opened the panel and checked all fuses i could see but none of them had blown, as seen in the second image. Is there something I could have missed? The connection is at the rear of the house, where an extension has been added. The extension is covered by a PIR and that's it. I think maybe this cable is running to the PIR but I can't be sure. I don't work on alarms much so thought someone here might easily know what the problem is. Any help is much appreciated.

http://i45.tinypic.com/3589gfa.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/19vzg3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Have you replaced the fuse ? The aux one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Which is the aux one? I took out all the fuses as marked in the second image and tested them with a continuity tester and they were all intact. That's all the fuses I could see. Is there one I've missed somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

There's 4 fuses on the board . Ones under the black cover near the cable coming from the transformer to the board

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There's 4 fuses on the board . Ones under the black cover near the cable coming from the transformer to the board

And that is F2 Aux & Int Bell fuse.

I counted 5 fuses in total. All tested ok. I thought maybe there was another one somewhere that I couldn't see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you removing them from the PCB to test them.?

Yeah, removed them in case of continuity through the circuit board would give a false reading.

And have you checked the voltage output of aux + & - ?

I didn't check the aux voltage. I just checked to make sure that 230V was still being supplied. I think I'll just leave it for now. The householder said she would get the main electrician to sort it out, he works with alarms a lot. I was only there as she couldn't get hold of him and needed to reroute some cables so the slabbers could get finished. Hopefully it isn't too big a problem. Thanks for the replies and help.

No bother. Hope her electrician is PSA licensed . :)

• Advertisement

As far as I know he is.

Advertisement