Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban Pro-death/Pro-Abortion, Anti-Choice,

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm not really interested in going into a bunch of hypothetical moderation situations, tbh. Moderation is done on a post by post basics. The Admins trust us to run forums and there are reported posts and dispute resolutions for when someone is unhappy with something.

If you can point out somewhere where using terms like this has ruined a thread then you'd be on the first step (of many) to showing why perhaps Boards should censor a certain term. Censure of certain terms is accepted in Politics, say, because certain phrases appear time and time again, and history has shown they never end well. Your not even close to showing why posters need to be protected by the examples in your OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Dades wrote: »
    I'm not really interested in going into a bunch of hypothetical moderation situations, tbh. Moderation is done on a post by post basics. The Admins trust us to run forums and there are reported posts and dispute resolutions for when someone is unhappy with something.

Thats a complete cop out tbh whats wrong with having guidelines and users having a greater clarity than the simple "don't be a dick", this site is an evolving entity, Dispute resolution itself being a good example of this. As the terms are used with astounding regularity on that thread I'l presume its option C.

Back on topic there's actually a good example of how these phrases produce a rather repetitive argument on-going at the minute in after hours,started by this short post. Its offensive mislabeling, it never produces good debate and its not even interesting.
    padd b1975 wrote: »
    Pro death?

+1 re Dana, some of her later stuff was just not up to scratch.
    Jumped the shark around 1982.:cool:

I took a look at the forums and in about half there's no feedback thread open but if its more acceptable I'l move this debate to specific forums (as long as it doesn't appear I'm a spammer by using similar posts in each one)

By all means try and drum up support for banning terms in the Feedback threads of individual forums (with the exception of A&A, perhaps).

Clearly we're not destined to agree.

By all means try and drum up support for banning terms in the Feedback threads of individual forums (with the exception of A&A, perhaps).

Clearly we're not destined to agree.

No I think not, should I take that as an official mod warning not to post in A&A how very open minded of you ;)

ps your thread thats got "some level of decorum" has a fair few unsanctioned accusations of trolling on it, something that gets red cards on a lot of other forums here :rolleyes:

No I think not, should I take that as an official mod warning not to post in A&A how very open minded of you ;):
    My, you are keen to feel oppressed. A less paranoid reading of my post would see me suggesting not posting in the A&A feedback thread regarding whether the phrases we have already discussed should be banned.
    ps your thread thats got "some level of decorum" has a fair few unsanctioned accusations of trolling on it, something that gets red cards on a lot of other forums here :rolleyes:
    Well, you be sure to let the mods of those other forums know if anyone mentions trolling in those forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

OP your best bet might to be to PM the individual forum mods.

However, going by the general theme of the replies on this thread, your answers might not go the way you want them to go.

My, you are keen to feel oppressed. A less paranoid reading of my post would see me suggesting not posting in the A&A feedback thread regarding whether the phrases we have already discussed should be banned.

Well, you be sure to let the mods of those other forums know if anyone mentions trolling in those forums.

eh I was talking about the feedback thread, though I did delay in replying to a post on that thread as it was on this issue
    P_1 wrote: »
    OP your best bet might to be to PM the individual forum mods.

However, going by the general theme of the replies on this thread, your answers might not go the way you want them to go.

Yeah probably best alright it is 3 positive to 17 negative though I think if the issue keeps rolling on moderation will have to start tightening up slightly anyway.

Advertisement