Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware of scam artist on the N20

Options
  • 13-01-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Was driving from Charleville towards Limerick last week and gave a lift to a middle aged man hitching outside the Park hotel..
    He thanks me and tells me a story about his car breaking down and needed to get to Glin...but left without his wallet,and after a bit of yapping asked me would i loan him €15 to get a bus from Croom,he seemed genuine enough so i did,and told him he could drop it somewhere for me the next day
    Course he never did and I just put it down to experince and promised myself i wont be picking up hitchers again
    So there i am driving the same road again and i see him hitching at the exact spot again today...but couldnt stop
    I went back to pick him up again just to annoy him and he was gone..obvouisly got another sucker
    Anyways hes about mid fiftes grey hair average build ..if anyone spots him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

How low can you get :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I had a lad come into the shop I work a couple of weeks ago saying that he run out of petrol and wanted 15 euro , and promised to send it to me. It was 20 mins before I was to close so I told him to go to the local petrol station and I'd go after work and put fuel in.

Was he there......

Uh no

That was in castleisland co Kerry. Guy was in early 20s . It seems like this is the new way to scam money out of people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The next time you pick him up, have your lad out, tell him it normally costs a tenner but you'll let the fiver go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

aujopimur wrote: »
    The next time you pick him up, have your lad out, tell him it normally costs a tenner but you'll let the fiver go.
    Have to agree. This is the best way to deal with him.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Wendolene

johnayo wrote: »
    Have to agree. This is the best way to deal with him.:D

Be careful - he just might accept your offer :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Was driving from Charleville towards Limerick last week and gave a lift to a middle aged man hitching outside the Park hotel..
    He thanks me and tells me a story about his car breaking down and needed to get to Glin...but left without his wallet,and after a bit of yapping asked me would i loan him €15 to get a bus from Croom,he seemed genuine enough so i did,and told him he could drop it somewhere for me the next day
    Course he never did and I just put it down to experince and promised myself i wont be picking up hitchers again
    So there i am driving the same road again and i see him hitching at the exact spot again today...but couldnt stop
    I went back to pick him up again just to annoy him and he was gone..obvouisly got another sucker
    Anyways hes about mid fiftes grey hair average build ..if anyone spots him

Not all hitchers are like this. Couldn't you just promise yourself not to give random people money?

Advertisement