Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary level Maths, Is it difficult to get a B3?

• 13-01-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I need a B3 (70%) in ordinary maths for the course I want to do. I only need 325 points and a minimum of a B3 in maths ordinary level. I've been doing Higher level since first year and switched down at the start of this year. I'm kinda worried that I wont get the marks. I'm going to start looking for grinds.

I'm mainly wondering if it is very difficult to get a B3, I guess the mocks will give me some idea despite the fact we haven't finished the course.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

No it's not that difficult to get a B3 in ordinary level Maths but it depends on the person though. However for the most part I reckon it is very easy to get a B3 if you put in a reasonable amount of work, and it doesn't have to be over the top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

I was in honours from 1st to around christmas 5th year. I was a B in junior cert and found many things difficult and never understood sin/cos/tan etc.

I studied the night before my mock which was yesterday and used eircom Studyhub for paper 1 as I find it more difficult than paper 2.

I found paper 1 ok, and paper 2 relatively easy, I'd say I'd grab a C2-B3.

I would say that maths is ALL ABOUT practice of the exam papers.

The books are bloody terrible! Buy the exam papers I think it's educate.ie with 22 papers, samples etc.

Practice them and use the book/online to help.

Some of the book won't be relevent at all in an exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

It just depends on the person , i think it is fairly difficult but it is doable , especially if you were in honours before i wouldn't be worrying too much but you will have to put in a good bit of work! don't slack in maths :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MathsNerd31

Flora5 wrote: »
    I need a B3 (70%) in ordinary maths for the course I want to do. I only need 325 points and a minimum of a B3 in maths ordinary level. I've been doing Higher level since first year and switched down at the start of this year. I'm kinda worried that I wont get the marks. I'm going to start looking for grinds.

I'm mainly wondering if it is very difficult to get a B3, I guess the mocks will give me some idea despite the fact we haven't finished the course.

To be honest, questions like this on an anonymous discussion forum are a little bit silly. You are asking a group of people who don't know you and who don't have an idea about your aptitudes whether or not it will be easy to get a particular grade. Here comes my gripe about the youth of today - The youth of today need to step back from the internet and engage with the people around them who know them best - go and ask someone who knows you (maybe your teacher).

Advertisement